willj1991

UK customs and FedEx

willj1991

Hi all, 

been a while since I’ve ordered but looking to take the plunge again! 

A TD is advising me against ordering via DHL/FedEx as he says it is a customs risk. Never had issues before using these express couriers with this TD. This is the first time I’ve been warned against it.

Was wondering if you guys had anything to add? Is shipping with FedEx and DHL now a concern? Like I say I’ve never had issues in the past!

thanks!

Rx4Time

The dealers know which carriers are currently having higher than normal seizures.   I'd go with their recommend shipping method. 

BadApple

Agreed - do as they say...

Also keep the orders to single watches. Never had an issue with one watch but have with 2 or 3 in one box.

deju
1 hour ago, Rx4Time said:

The dealers know which carriers are currently having higher than normal seizures.   I'd go with their recommend shipping method. 

This! 

I always use DHL but @torobravo said no it's not safe last month... Sent EMS came just as quickly and no hassle. 

TD's do this for a living, they know whats happening.  

GingerApple
1 hour ago, deju said:

TD's do this for a living, they know whats happening.  

Not true. Toro is a very well known star of adult movies such as 'Guys Wide Open' and 'Choad to Pedition'. He just sells watches in his spare time because he's fascinated by horology and wants to bring Swiss watches to the masses.

Seriously, this info is all in the 'Noobs Must Read This First' section. Do your homework!!!!

deju
38 minutes ago, AskGinger said:

Not true. Toro is a very well known star of adult movies such as 'Guys Wide Open' and 'Choad to Pedition'. He just sells watches in his spare time because he's fascinated by horology and wants to bring Swiss watches to the masses.

Seriously, this info is all in the 'Noobs Must Read This First' section. Do your homework!!!!

You do my homework for me! 

This is the internet I have better things to do :lol: 

giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5c1ceaa34b794d2f73

GingerApple
18 minutes ago, deju said:

You do my homework for me! 

This is the internet I have better things to do :lol: 

giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5c1ceaa34b794d2f73

Good point. Glaude's bought me a Fleshlight for Xmas, hopefully it will arrive soon. Review to follow.

deju
6 minutes ago, AskGinger said:

Good point. Glaude's bought me a Fleshlight for Xmas, hopefully it will arrive soon. Review to follow.

@Glaude is my secret Santa... I’m getting a 111 :D 

GingerApple
8 minutes ago, deju said:

@Glaude is my secret Santa... I’m getting a 111 :D 

Wait a cotton picking minute!!!!!! Glaude's getting me a present. He's getting you a present. He's from a far off land. He has a beard. He's often found creeping around children's rooms in the middle of the night.

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

deju
7 minutes ago, AskGinger said:

Wait a cotton picking minute!!!!!! Glaude's getting me a present. He's getting you a present. He's from a far off land. He has a beard. He's often found creeping around children's rooms in the middle of the night.

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

french-santa-claus-is-pictured-in-copenh

Glaude

I'm obviously not him ... I mean ... only two girls... what an amateur... 

@AskGinger They were out of the smaller format of the fleshlight, I choose another model than the Turbo Thrust, that was the only one left in 1/2" format 

@deju No PAM for you, naughty boy !

And for the original question from OP : Most of my packages are tacking care of by EMS/EMS Partner here in France

GingerApple
26 minutes ago, Glaude said:

I'm obviously not him ... I mean ... choosing girls... what an amateur... 

Fixed it for ya.

deju
33 minutes ago, Glaude said:

I'm obviously not him ... I mean ... only two girls... what an amateur... 

@AskGinger They were out of the smaller format of the fleshlight, I choose another model than the Turbo Thrust, that was the only one left in 1/2" format 

@deju No PAM for you, naughty boy !

And for the original question from OP : Most of my packages are tacking care of by EMS/EMS Partner here in France

Did you edit PBR's name? :lol:

Glaude
6 minutes ago, AskGinger said:

Fixed it for ya.

You read me like an open book mate ! 

Just now, deju said:

Did you edit PBR's name? :lol:

Nope, not my work ... guess who it is ... it's kind of its thing :D Signature move !

Kevin125

ive had customs duties to pay in the past with these couriers not from your seller of course, not sure if it was what the seller put on the postage label or just a random selection process, but they wouldnt release my parcel , till id been on their website and paid the duty

Glaude
1 minute ago, Kevin125 said:

ive had customs duties to pay in the past with these couriers not from your seller of course, not sure if it was what the seller put on the postage label or just a random selection process, but they wouldnt release my parcel , till id been on their website and paid the duty

Classic courrier move , DHL does that too (been hit by that for a non watch related purchase)

deju
9 minutes ago, Glaude said:

You read me like an open book mate ! 

Nope, not my work ... guess who it is ... it's kind of its thing :D Signature move !

Tit's? :lol: 

torobravo

Fedex is out of the question. Just listen to your TD, they know which is the safest

Mazz
On ‎21‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 13:48, BADAPPLE said:

Agreed - do as they say...

Also keep the orders to single watches. Never had an issue with one watch but have with 2 or 3 in one box.

Somewhere is a thread when Balad1 orderd like 50-60 watches in a single order that was seized by customs much o his suprise

McGilli
49 minutes ago, Mazz said:

Somewhere is a thread when Balad1 orderd like 50-60 watches in a single order that was seized by customs much o his suprise

I know what I'm going to search for...

Mazz
2 hours ago, McGilli said:

I know what I'm going to search for...

If you find it post a link to it 

Mystery Shopper

I looked Mazz through Ted's first 10 pages of posts but found that I was losing IQ points every page. 

It was a toss up between 'horse meat found in Ikea meatballs' & 'man eats cocaine out his dead brother's ass' that made me give up   :D

Glaude
6 hours ago, Mazz said:

If you find it post a link to it 

Found that :

and that :