AJ98

Anyone have this panerai 438?

AJ98

Hi there

I am looking to buy a panerai 438 tuttonero, and had my mind set on a vsf V2. Was about to pull the trigger but then saw this one:

https://www.pf-838.com/0-0-pn438o06-xf-pam-438o-luminor-1950-gmt-ceramica-p9001.html

the movment looks better than the vsf V2 as it doesnt have a silver part behimd the balance wheel. But i cant find any independent info on it anywhere. Has anyone bought thus watch or seen a review?

thanks!

Wriggles

Search and you shall find. Not hard. This exact watch is even discussed in recent threads today. 

:search:

AJ98

Thanks. I have searched and the vsf v2 is being discussed but not the version that the link is showing. 

PaneraiCC
On 23/12/2018 at 16:34, AJ98 said:

Thanks. I have searched and the vsf v2 is being discussed but not the version that the link is showing. 

Hey thanks for the links, now i have a second thought. I am still confused between vsf and xf >.< 

any inputs are greatly appreciated!!

Monsieur_B

Hi,

I had the VSF one from Kuvarsit but accidentally dripped it on a sharp metal surface and it broke (crown guard, and a chip from the hosing). (it is a very sturdy watch but ceramic is ceramic at the end of the day) Amazing watch though, I truly loved it.

I have ordered this as a replacement as it is movement wise more close to the original, and I have to say it is amazing (I was made avare that VXF and VSF is the same factory btw..)

Even the power reserve indicator works. the only downside is that the dial numbers are slightly more accurate on the first VS version, but I truly recommend this one. (also superquick shipping and an extra calf strap)