Sign in to follow this  
borut_pisk

Question about Sellita movement inside SDDS V7 noob

borut_pisk

Hi there.

I bought a Rolex SDDS V7 Noob, with Swiss movement inside.

I received the qc pics. Everything looks fine, TD also submitted me the pics of the movement inside (he opened the backcase). I asked for 1 more pic, to see the ETA or Sellita markings on movement.

He submitted me the closeup pic, when near balance wheel is written Sellita SW210-1.

I knew about SW200-1 and SW220-1 (like Swiss 2824 or 2836). I checked about SW210-1 on Sellita webpage and I found out that this version is MANUAL wind movement and without date disk.

And yes, on qc pics there is the rotor installed on the movement and in front side there is the date disk.

Everything looks like that the Chinese have mounted the automatic units on manual movement and also date option on it, kinda mods.

My question is...

I would ask, if someone understands better those "mods", if this is good or bad? I mean, is this mod ok, reliable (does SW210 has predispositions to mod it to automatic) or do you think this is not a good idea to do?

I am in doubt or to confirm or to reject this watch with this modded Sellita movement inside.

Waiting for any suggestions, opinions.

Merry Christmas to all.

Borut

Rx4Time

Truthfully, I wouldn't trust it.  They would have to significantly modified the movement, with God knows what quality of pieces.  I'd prefer an Asian clone 2836. The point of buying a Swiss movement version is to have a more reliable movement then the clone movement.  I wouldn't be able be confident in this setup. 

Khronos

I'd never buy a "swiss" movement rep from China, those are not worth the price at all. They are usually old dried up movements with chinese parts installed..

Clones are perfectly fine, especially if you get them cleaned and oiled. And you can always buy a brand new ETA and get it installed yourself. 

But you did already pay for it, so I'm not sure if you can get out of this deal.. 

Greetings from MB :)