Sign in to follow this  
NDJ

Where to get better datewheel for Sub?

NDJ

I received my new BP 16610 with custom installed A2836 (but possibly actually a 2824) from Trusty Time just in time for Xmas and overall I am pretty happy with it. 

20181225-125932.jpg

The only issues I have are:

1. Date changes between 1.00-1.30am (Does the 30 min change period indicate an A2824?)
2. The datewheel is not lining up as well as on the previous BP SA3135 version I had. I notice that the date window is narrower than on my genuine GMT Master II.
3. The winding, time and date setting feel a bit rough.

I might get my watchmaker to give it a once over to reset the hands to make the date change earlier.
My biggest issue however is the datewheel. Does anyone know where I could get a better datewheel?

20181226-143647.jpg

Edited by NDJ

Rx4Time

You would need to source a TC datewheel.  Alternatively, you could look raffles. 

http://rafflesdials.com/one-pc-white-date-disc-wheel-overlay-for-eta-2836-or-dg-2813-or-miyota-8215-automatic-movement-fit-the-mens-rolex-3135-submariner-or-gmt-master-watch/

A somewhat slow date change indicates a 2824, although none of mine take that long to change the date. 

NDJ

Thanks. I know a TC would be good, but would a raffles datewheel be any better than what the factory fits? Some dates sit more precisely in the date window than others; is that due to a poorly printed overlay?

Also I note that the raffles is an overlay; does that mean that my watchmaker would need to be super precise in gluing it to the datewheel?