AAH1483

Gold watches

AAH1483

GM guys, i'm currently embarking on another watch possibly an AP or submariner in gold (currently don't own any in this color) but cant find anything in the data base on how well the gold holds well on them. Is there a link here somewhere currently? Pictures of your gold watches would be highly appreciated :coffee:

GenTLe

It always comes down to how you use them.
A gold watch isn't in general an everyday piece and so if you treat it with care it will stands for years.
Using it every day can make some part (the parts that most get in contact with desk or cuffs) of the gold to fade and show the below steel in a year or more.

BenjaminButton

Gold watches to some extent and all watches with fake precious stones are the preserve of big old hairy trannies and disgraced 1970’s children’s TV presenters. In my humble opinion. Jewellery, jewellery, jewellery.

Moondustesp
39 minutes ago, BenjaminButton said:

Gold watches to some extent and all watches with fake precious stones are the preserve of big old hairy trannies and disgraced 1970’s children’s TV presenters. In my humble opinion. Jewellery, jewellery, jewellery.

:fuck::giggle:

tonyh7

Gens with gold plating wear pretty well - I have a gen Tag from way back with gold accents still looks great. Reps who knows over the long term?Gentle probably on the money with this. They can look classy, but also as Mr Button notes pretty medallion man too.

BenjaminButton

An example. It’s the real deal and the owner was a cunt.

76222f3083ee290016dba4451719df30.jpg

NFleischer

First of all, there is probably no gold in these replicas, wrapped,plated, etc. I have an all gold GMT 12 years and has not really worn out. The crown seems to be the first to go in my experience.

The 2 tones obviously will show less wear. Buy what you like, chances are it will last for a while.

AAH1483

Ummm I think i better stick with the SS , currently i own 30 watches and........ DAMN I NEED REHAB!!!!! Thanks for the info. 

narikaa

Huffin and puffin like your losing a limb or something 

It's a silly rep watch, a piece of throwaway frippery - likely as not less than the price of a tank or two of gas in your tarmac sledge.

Whats there to fear from a gold rep watch

RussP

The crown and surrounds are usually first to show signs of 'use'.

Other parts of the watch ought to hold up ok.

I've got reps that have withstood the test of time, except for the area/s mentioned above.

FoxWilde

Buy what you want, but expect to purchase a replacement crown/bracelet in the future

SadProfessor
Ummm I think i better stick with the SS , currently i own 30 watches and........ DAMN I NEED REHAB!!!!! Thanks for the info. 

If you have 30 watches I would assume that any good rep is going to go into a rotation and it will last plenty of time. If you want gold, go for it and don’t worry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pierre Sec

You made me laugh! Does this go for two tone as well?

*Hides 16233 under sleeve

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk