cvp3

Deal Seekers.....not just watches?

cvp3

As some know by now I'm a deal seeker in all things watches. It doesn't stop with watches though. My last 3 cars were all a minimum of 20% OFF MSRP and yes, they were all brand new. Clothes, vacations, services....I always seek out a deal. 

My favorite was a John Deere lawn tractor E160 with an MSRP of $2,349. Lowes Home improvement had it on closeout for $1,800 and I talked him down to $1,600. Local grocery store had a promotion, buy $50 gift card and get $10 off instantly. They also give $.10 gallon of gas for every $100 purchase. I bought $1,600 in gift cards for $1,280 and received $1.60 off 20 gallons of gas for another $32 in savings. So net all in I paid $1,248 for a $2,349 lawn mower. 

My latest happened today.  My son returned after 4 years of teaching in Japan and needed a vehicle for him, his wife and my grand son. We settled on a Hyundai Tuscon SEL. MSRP was $25,500, add $400 for tax, $599 for processing and tags for a total out the door price of $26,499. After negotiating between 5 dealerships within an 80 mile radius of our home we were able to get 1 dealer down to $21,000 out the door or almost 21% OFF. It's a great time of year to buy and I was lucky enough to find enough dealers with 2018's left to help negotiate. A few ways I know this deal "hit bone" was:

1) None of the other dealers would go below $21,500 and even the dealer that stated "we'll beat anyone's deal" responded that there was no way that dealer was selling the Tuscon SEL for that. 

2) One dealer showed me the dealer invoice and the hold back which netted the car after rebates to $23,2XX. So clearly this was below dealer cost even after the hold back. 

3) Ultimately the selling dealer stated he needed 3 more units to make his Hyundai bonus number for the year and was willing to lose money on the last 3 deals to get the overall bonus for the owner. Good for us. 

And here she is in all her glory. 

image-8.jpg?1537910541

Would love to hear your deals!

FoxWilde

How about a 1973 Gruen w/ box for $40?

1-F7-CA7-D3-B656-408-D-B63-E-46-EE7-FAB0
6208-B521-8-CE1-406-E-B291-E9-E88667277-
D0-ED55-F2-EF69-44-FA-8451-569-A0-EC895-
E8260703-EB30-4-BC1-AB08-042811473861.jp
EEE3-CBF5-02-A7-49-A4-889-D-1-AF7-A1-E28
F47599-C8-12-F6-4-EAD-B8-FA-C269-BCE4-FB

cvp3

Nice find

Beefmalone

It's an addiction. I've bought stuff I didn't even need just because the price was too good to turn down.

cvp3

LOL - Well I'm sure I don't need 300 watches.....or do I?

1 hour ago, Beefmalone said:

It's an addiction. I've bought stuff I didn't even need just because the price was too good to turn down.

Beefmalone
3 hours ago, cvp3 said:

LOL - Well I'm sure I don't need 300 watches.....or do I?

I told my wife the same thing about guns. I don't NEED a few dozen...or do I?

rusky27

Whilst holidaying in LA when the exchange rate was $2 to the pound, I bought a pair of Stussy trousers (rrp £50) for 25c in a Santa Monica thrift store!! Still laugh at that bargain. Haha

Edited by rusky27

rusky27

Oh and last time in nyc december 2012 when i think the exchange was $2 to £1. We went with my Girlfriends cousin to his friends timberland store who was the manager. he gave us his managers discount 20% on top of the 50% off sale that was on! So effectively 70% off - it was like stealing! We had to buy an additional 2 suitcases. I think we spent around $1200 even with this discount so was a major saving. Best discount on anything I’ll ever have!!!!

Edited by rusky27

ShovelnTC

You stingy bastard..........................................................................................................nice work:thumbsup:

rusky27
1 hour ago, ShovelnTC said:

You stingy bastard..........................................................................................................nice work:thumbsup:

That’s the absolute highlights of my luck I’m no professor of skinflintery - if it wasn’t for bad luck I’d have no luck at all...lol

GingerApple

I'd happily pay full price to not have to spend a single second longer shopping than absolutely necessary. Which probably contributes to you being significantly richer than me!

As you love bargaining so much, can we borrow you to make our purchases for us? 

deju

Seems like you are lucky to find the right motivated seller, well done! :clap:

cvp3
13 minutes ago, AskGinger said:

I'd happily pay full price to not have to spend a single second longer shopping than absolutely necessary. Which probably contributes to you being significantly richer than me!

As you love bargaining so much, can we borrow you to make our purchases for us? 

My son just did. I negotiated the whole deal on the Hyundai Tuscon above. But now he has to make the payments. 

GingerApple
4 minutes ago, cvp3 said:

My son just did. I negotiated the whole deal on the Hyundai Tuscon above. But now he has to make the payments. 

I hope he's taking you for a round at Pebble Beach! Or a slap up meal or similar! 

cvp3

Close, we're going here today. 

01-facade__large.jpg

Perfect time of year to go:

1d20b674-effd-4fdc-8008-a9ccd73e4a34-lar

GingerApple

Amazing! I'd wish you a good time, but that looks to be pretty much guaranteed! What is that place? And did you get a discount on your booking?

NCRich
57 minutes ago, cvp3 said:

Close, we're going here today. 

01-facade__large.jpg

Perfect time of year to go:

1d20b674-effd-4fdc-8008-a9ccd73e4a34-lar

I went last year.  Of course it was like our 10th trip there.  You can only look at so many decorated trees.  Have a blast and remember all the craft beers in Asheville.

cvp3

Biltmore Estate, largest single family home in the USA. It’s what would qualify as a castle in the EU. Owned by the Cecil family, decendants of the Vanderbilts. Sadly $80 a head (there are 5 of us) and no discounts.

KarmaToBurn
34 minutes ago, cvp3 said:

Biltmore Estate, largest single family home in the USA. It’s what would qualify as a castle in the EU. Owned by the Cecil family, decendants of the Vanderbilts. Sadly $80 a head (there are 5 of us) and no discounts.

Cool. I've never heard of the place before but it looks amazing.  Have a great time and $80 per person doesn't sound so bad. 

In terms of deals I'm a regular browser of RedFlagDeals (Canadian version of SlickDeals) and don't like spending full price on anything if I can help it.

cvp3

At the atrium with my Helm....

F495-B5-AB-769-D-49-B6-9573-CBB5-BF79273