cvp3

Zelos SkyRaider Bronze/Blue #40/50

cvp3

SkyRaider

Bronze case  Blue dial #40/50

And the un-boxing. Those of you that have never bought a Zelos and those new, up-and-coming micro-brands......take note. This is how it's done. 

1) Beautiful Watch
2) Packed within a heavy-duty, ziplock bag
3) Placed within a custom logo'd, 4 compartment, leather watch roll
4) Neatly packed within an engraved logo wood presentation box with magnetic closure
5) Protected by a logo'd, heavy-duty sleeve
6) All delivered within a perfect fit, cardboard delivery box with no room for rubbing or damaging the contents. 

Just typing/reading all that gives you an appreciation for how the watches are packed. Within the watch roll you'll find a very nicely finished strap to contrast the leather strap and a bronze warranty card about the thickness of a credit card. I gotta say, better than any presentation I've ever seen short of some Panerai boxes.

As for the watch. I'll avoid the cliche that "pictures don't do it justice"....because with most watches, simply living up to the marketing-hyped photos is challenge enough. I can tell you and you can tell, by the cell phone pictures below, this watch delivers. The case, that dial, the finish on the indices, the lumed dial and crown (geezus that LUME) and finally a fully decorated hand-winder ETA 6498 (I may actually pull the sicker off the back for a change), all secured to the wrist with a USA made, horween tapered leather strap with engraved bronze buckle. I'm gobsmacked. BTW I blame @Hyjynx for getting me hooked on brass/bronze watches. 

IMG-9763.jpg
IMG-9774.jpg
IMG-9775.jpg
IMG-9776.jpg
IMG-9777.jpg
IMG-9778.jpg
IMG-9779.jpg
IMG-9780.jpg
IMG-9782.jpg
IMG-9783.jpg
IMG-9784.jpg
IMG-9785.jpg
IMG-9786.jpg
IMG-9787.jpg

IMG-978-YY.jpg
IMG-97XX.jpg
IMG-9789.jpg
IMG-9790.jpg

Mr_B

That's definitely different, in a good way, I think. :thumbsup2:

hasel5

Bloody hell I am impressed

Cubic Hare

Kind of like Pilot meets Diver style. Love it.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

cvp3

Elshan, the designer/owner at Zelos is really coming up with some innovative designs. I do a lot with branding in my business and I love what he did to provide the story-selling with the SkyRaider bombers of Korea and Vietnam era (see below). Rather than spitting out homages or derivative designs, he's really pushing the hobby. Design language, use of materials and his branding are some of the best I've ever seen. I don't like every watch he's designed, but I appreciate what he's trying to do. Here's my other 2:

image.jpg

IMG_9653.jpg

Skyraider-2.jpg

The Douglas A-1 Skyraider was one of the last few propeller driven attack aircraft to enter service. It arrived late for World War 2 and during the start of the Jet era, yet it enjoyed one of the longest careers in the US Air Force. Despite being outclassed in speed and technology by the latest jetfighters, the Skyraider held its own with a heavy payload and agility.

The Skyraider served in both the Korean and Vietnam Wars, and it proved invaluable in providing close air support; for which jets were unsuitable.

Zelos 'Skyraider'

We christened our latest flieger the 'Skyraider' as it was developed around the handwound ETA 6498 movement. Much like the aircraft, this ETA movement is an anachronism that has been use since the 1950s. The first flieger watches featured large and easily legible dials and hands. They were also powered by handwind movements and hence we set out to design a watch with these principles but with our own touch.

• Like 1

Hyjynx

Just seeing this. My forum mention alerts are quite iffy at best. Lovely pictures and review. The skyraider is quite a looker front and back, isn’t it? Thanks for the “blame”. It’s a badge of honor that I collect, one convert at a time. Enjoy!

brang1

Fuck me! That’s beautiful! Another on the list fuckit

Perfect size too

cvp3

It's a stunner gents. 

mr.tourette

lovely piece.. i have a swordfish and a mako from zelos and they are just fabulous watches that get the majority of my wrist time:thumbsup2:

leebob

Wow. That is a sexy bit of wrist adornment , bloody love the look of bronze ,blue and tan leather . 

What size do they come in,  

Real good review 

cvp3

38-42mm now with many models out there from Zelos. 

Luxuracer

Love those dials .... @cvp3

missa146

I own 2 Zelos mako. One bronze, blackish dial. One steel, green bezel to satisfy my thirst for a Hulk (can't get my head around paying the same price for a fake rolex than these gens well build...). Love the quality of the Zelos. The bezel action is impeccable, the dial finish is amazing, the lume is very strong and last a long time.
836875ee7a8033cf4db22f4ad5fe4292.jpgbaff1b496d8ddb04f581b2ffe44cf6e6.jpg32b81d8a3009d01e0669c6d5f6340dde.jpg43e28e5f53e5dbc808caab5d13f21b68.jpg26987c52e1d6f09c40ec4d8aefb1729a.jpg61bad89daf579ddd13eb5123453d928d.jpg9a0c9a40d71df1b07c3656c48dc45000.jpge3035c70363eb0fb29258df9dba76916.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

cvp3

Beautiful Zeloseseseses.

Thommo82

Boom

Just, Boom 

brang1

that is bloody gorgeous, just gorgeous 

missa146

I paid $400 shipped for the green one brand new, with a rubber and leather band. It comes with warranty and 500m water resistance.
This made me feel like the whole replica industry has just gone out of control price wise...
A rolex hulk for $600 without real water proofing or warranty sounds a bit nuts.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Watchgrocer

Impressive. First time see a wooden watch box. 

cvp3

Very happy with mine. The SkyRaider went up to $899 already with one seller asking $1,159 on eBay. Doubt highly he will get it. 

IMG-0480-1.jpg