Sign in to follow this  
the_name_is_mac

Molotow paint mod on ym2

the_name_is_mac

Happy new year all hope everyone had a good one. Recently purchased a ym2 from an absolute legend of a member who was an absolute joy to deal with! It arrived on nye but after seeing the sale post I felt the bezel markers were maybe just a bit dull so I’d also ordered a 1.5mm molotow paint marker (227 metallic silver) to try my hand at modding it. Followed other members technique of dabbing out onto kitchen roll but took the risk of just applying directly from pen to bezel and evened our with cotton buds then waited around an hr. then poured some terps on a small plate and dipped cotton bud in, rolling out any excess on the kitchen roll before removing the excess paint from the bezel. Came up an absolute treat but I’ve quickly realised it’s probably not the correct colour code for a ym2 hahaha! Please could someone tell me for definite what colour the bezel markers are because now I’ve got the technique down I’d be keen to do again with the correct colour, cheers!

pics 

5750366-E-B787-4831-A9-CB-0-CA940-A8-D1-
587801-A2-3289-4-BF7-8-BF4-95-B0-DB3-A60
07-A19946-4-EB0-46-D9-B569-7-D383-B16-D1
61-EA03-F4-D9-D8-44-DB-B6-F0-DBC864-F4-A

nunu78

Wow, looks awesome, how did you clean the bezel?

the_name_is_mac
48 minutes ago, nunu78 said:

Wow, looks awesome, how did you clean the bezel?

Just rubbed it with the cotton bud after dipping in terps and rolling any excess off it. Worked a treat but I’m sure the markers should be white and not silver!

the_name_is_mac

I’m guessing from the silence nobody knows what colour the markers are supposed to be 

Jibuti

I believe markers should be silver, not white. but very light shade of silver. yours is darker as it should be.

the_name_is_mac
14 minutes ago, jibuti said:

I believe markers should be silver, not white. but very light shade of silver. yours is darker as it should be.

That has made me even more confused than I already was hahaha

borut_pisk

Hi Jamie.

Thanks for the link. Wow! you did a great job. The watch looks fantastic now. Well done! I imagine you needed a lot of patience and steady hand to do that. Uf...

And how is... you know... are you yet father? Did your child got born? ;-)

You know... I am also a Silvester guy (I was born on 31st December 1979) ;-)

Wish you all the best to you and to your family!

Be good.

Borut

the_name_is_mac
26 minutes ago, borut_pisk said:

Hi Jamie.

Thanks for the link. Wow! you did a great job. The watch looks fantastic now. Well done! I imagine you needed a lot of patience and steady hand to do that. Uf...

And how is... you know... are you yet father? Did your child got born? ;-)

You know... I am also a Silvester guy (I was born on 31st December 1979) ;-)

Wish you all the best to you and to your family!

Be good.

Borut

Hi Borut, thanks mate, honestly the mod worked great and really was much easier than I thought it would be! I still need to know for definite if I have used the right colour though because all the pictures I look at the markers look white not silver.  And yes I am finally a father! my son was born at 16:12 last Thursday and I haven’t stopped smiling ever since! My wife and I have waited a very long time for this and we are absolutely over the moon! 

Thanks again

jamie

borut_pisk

Yes, I have also tried to find out on internet what colour are bezel numbers on this YMII. I thought they were silver (like on Submariners, GMTs or SD), but on some pics they look more white. Sorry I can't help you with this info...

Congratulations! Such a wonderful news, such a miracle!

I know exactly how you feel. Still today I have goosebumps when I remember those feelings when my daughter was born 6 years ago. I felt like I was the king of the whole world and the time stopped when I looked at her for the first time :-)

Enjoy those moments, nothing can be compared to this. :-)

Be good.

Borut

Rokerite

Think I read somewhere that the insert numbers are the same as submariner etc. That is to say they are platinum sputter coated so the correct colour would be a very light silver methinks. :thumbsup2: