BabySeiya

Datejust ARF 36mm TrustyTime Experience and questions.

BabySeiya

Transaction and communication was smooth, received watch really quick, about 9 days after submitting order online. Watch looks fantastic imo, its my first rep and dont have much knowledge on Gens, but a friend of mine has one and it looks very similar in general. 

Only issue or question is, is it normal to loose about 3-4 seconds every hour even when wearing it? Its not too bad, but I dont know how this watches should operate, its supposed to be Asia Clone 3135, I paid 418 plus 35 shipping, its pretty sad a 500 usd watch cant even keep the time :/, but maybe im noob here, any comments tips are appreciated.

ps tried uploading a photo from imgurl but doesnt let me.. 

Edited by BabySeiya
Spelling errors

GC

Did you wind the watch initially? 

Give it 20-30 winds and check the accuracy over a 24 hour period. 

BabySeiya

Just winded the watch, hopefully this fixes the issue, thanks a lot for the tip, id like to add photos if anyone knows what link to use let me know, thanks.

Glaude
4 hours ago, BabySeiya said:

Just winded the watch, hopefully this fixes the issue, thanks a lot for the tip, id like to add photos if anyone knows what link to use let me know, thanks.

Use Picr.me to upload photo to the board :

Realism

I'm sure you'd do fine with a $10 Timex if timekeeping was your purpose...

But in a rep, let's be honest... Closeness to gen is the most important feature, not timekeeping

Assuming the watch was fully winded, 3*24 = 72 seconds... On a gen, probably some servicing needed... On a rep, probably could use a servicing...

However, based on my prev exp working on a rep... The choice is dependent on the owner of the said watch. Since I rarely spend > $350 on a watch (only has 1 around that price range)... I tend to write watches off instead of working to fix them... Esp if they last over 2-3 years... ($100-$150 watches)...servicing would cost half to another watch... Not worth the effort...

Edited by Realism

RussP

If the watch is still losing time, ask a (rep friendly) watch smith to regulate it.

I don't think a new watch requires a service, but if you can afford a service, then go for it.

Dawg

The movements usually need a bit of cleaning and TLC. Had mine sent to Rolie as soon as it arrived. He cleaned and regulatesd it and it now runs really well 

waltswagon

From my understanding the Sh3135 is infamous for losing time and requiring a servicing ASAP although I'm not sure if that has changed with the ARF production runs; as some of the guys have mentioned, consider a servicing? 

BenjaminButton

Never bothered me, never checked.

Pekeano

My opinion: it's more of a showpiece rather than a timepiece.

Theviking

Check it isn't magnetised (Google it)

Pob

It's totally normal watches we buy lose time. Some more then others and yours sound like it's nothing alarming. You have two choices here, send it to someone to regulate it or set it right every day. Some of mine are like that and it's not a problem at all for me and some are gens as well