repmaster1234

Mystery 1675 Case

repmaster1234

So I built a watch for @paccbet and as a thank you gift he sent me some spare parts. One of them was what he said is a cartel 1675 case. I believe him, because it came with a matching cartel dial. However I immediately noticed some weird things about the case. Firstly, the case and the caseback are totally sterile. Strange. Secondly, the CROWNGUARDS. They’re HUGE. And not in a bad way. Take a look, the last two images are comparisons with another cartel 1675 case that I have. This thing is something different. Theories?

Also, I drilled the lug holes to 1.3mm and added bevels to the case. So when it got to me it looked basically just like a normal cartel case minus the crownguards and lack of markings.

YJjPT.jpg

YJgkb.jpg

YJfPI.jpg

YJSD2.jpg

YJ3Da.jpg

Mystery case on the left. 

YQuhh.jpg

Mystery case on top. Look at the difference!

YQKRD.jpg

GC

This looks like a 5 digit  explorer ii case, I’m basing it on that it looks like a Polar I had and played with the idea of making it a 1675. 

That’s my 2 cents 

repmaster1234
3 minutes ago, GC said:

This looks like a 5 digit  explorer ii case, I’m basing it on that it looks like a Polar I had and played with the idea of making it a 1675. 

That’s my 2 cents 

That would make a whole lot of sense! Was your Polar case sterile?

paccbet

Possibly an older version? Hahaha. I forgot who I got it from but I've had it for quite some time. The case looks way better now :thumbsup:

GC
2 hours ago, repmaster1234 said:

That would make a whole lot of sense! Was your Polar case sterile?

I would be lying if I said I could remember. It was however a stunning piece considering that ran a low beat movement. I wore it for two years at work every night and it kept spot on time. 

86-E6-B958-4120-46-D6-848-C-F6-C213-B8-C