DW1986

Breitling ETA 988.333 replacement

DW1986

Hi guys - I’m new to this forum and am a complete novice when it comes to watches.

I’ve wanted a Breitling since forever and I finally got one albeit a preloved1st gen Breitling Aerospace 80360.

The problem is the movement needs replacing and I don’t want to send it off to BUK and pay the extortionate costs associated with a service and new movement - the whole point of the watch was to be a labour of love and to source the parts myself to keep the cost down.

I’ve sourced a refurbished eta 988.333 movement and was looking for some expertise in swapping out the movements - as I say - I’m a complete novice and just wondered if any of you experts out there could walk/talk me through it - some have said it’s easy - that’s yet to be proven!

I’m sure I’ll get stick from some pro’s who argue that the whole point of owning a watch is to have it done professionally and that I’m not appreciating the watch by not having the professionals do it - but I’d argue that the watch for me was a guilty pleasure on a tight budget that would’ve been scrapped out for parts had I not rescued it and put together what I already have done.

Any advice/guidance on the topic would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance - Dan