Nick971

Looking for Tag Alec Monopoly Collab

Nick971

Hey everyone,

Looking to get my hands on a TAG Carrera Calibre with the Alec Monopoly design. 

Are there any dealers that carry them? I searched the forums but haven't found anything so far.

Thanks!

Edited by Nick971
Typo

SamsonAusKognito

You can get the Gen for a grand, on chrono24

Wriggles
5 hours ago, SamsonAusKognito said:

You can get the Gen for a grand, on chrono24

Not really, thats the formula 1 model. The Carrera is running about 4k

They are also astoundingly hideous :vomit:

deju

While I like street artists paint splattered luxury watches, created from them working on pieces of art, the watches you look for I don’t get. They look like toy watches from a brand that unless it’s vintage heuer is as cool as a rag. 

An example of one of Mr brainwash’s watches. Alec had a few of his luxury watches covered like this, Rolex, AP, Hublot. 

Hublot-Mr-Brainwash-Miaimi-2014-13.jpg

Unfortunately ever since Tag decided to not aim for golfers and F1 fans but try to get hip with the kids, Alec is now in a sponsorship deal. 

PostMaster

If you want to buy anything from an artist it’s best to get the gen, Alec Monopoly Tag watch is all about the art... which being repped isn’t a “Alec Monopoly”. 

Also i think it can’t be repped, but anything is possible in this hobby just look at some of the Jacob & Co’s that get repped :facepalm:

All the best trying to source one.

PostMaster
3 minutes ago, deju said:

An example of one of Mr brainwash’s watches. Alec had a few of his luxury watches covered like this, Rolex, AP, Hublot. 

Hublot-Mr-Brainwash-Miaimi-2014-13.jpg

Wow that is hideous.. does look like a toy watch indeed. Wateva floats each peoples boat I suppose.

Xpletiv

Wtf, I did that back in high school.....and that was more than 3 decades ago.  Very '80's.

Lame-o!

GulfGT40

My friends a painter and his watch looks like that, maybe just lend him one for a couple of weeks:D

Seriously though why not make your own, it is a replica after all, a base model watch and a couple of tins of hobby paint? We used to marble effect phone covers by submerging them in water, spraying paint on top, stirring to marble it then dragging the cover back out through the paint. Make your own masterpiece on a rainy afternoon?

SamsonAusKognito
17 hours ago, Wriggles said:

Not really, thats the formula 1 model. The Carrera is running about 4k

They are also astoundingly hideous :vomit:

Ah sorry, I have not read Carrera.