Sign in to follow this  
Genius

I can feel another build coming on...

Genius

A bit of drunken ebaying and now I find myself staring into an abyss into which I could well end up throwing my hard earned cash....

For ages, I said frankens were a stupid waste of money... Currently, I have 2 in the watchbox, one just finished on its way back from ROLIE and now this fucker just turned up in the post

Ywmre.jpg 
YwAwT.jpg

Theviking

It's a drug, still chasing that high of your first rep. Keep chasing @Genius

Chiquita Fanjita

@Genius I have the very thing to match that perfectly which is also gen if you’re planning a build ;) 

Frankens are addictive. Done my hulk last year and in the middle of doing a superfranken for this year, but it is scary how much you can spend on it.

Moondustesp

I find the frankens the most fun part of the hobby. @Chiquita Fanjita Is right they are addictive. I just love finding parts and waiting for them to arrive. Really tempted by an AP ROO franken but I know I really really shouldn’t even get into it. Wish me luck

fatarms

Do it.  That's my favorite rep I have.

More reliable ICHS 2836, gen bezel assembly and insert along with a gen crystal.  That's what I have in mine.

se9fl1.jpg

NCRich

Never been that stupid.  Spent too much.....yep.  Never been silly enough to buy gen parts for a toy.

Moondustesp
16 minutes ago, fatarms said:

Do it.  That's my favorite rep I have.

More reliable ICHS 2836, gen bezel assembly and insert along with a gen crystal.  That's what I have in mine.

se9fl1.jpg

:Applause: looks great

Chiquita Fanjita
2 hours ago, Moondustesp said:

I find the frankens the most fun part of the hobby. @Chiquita Fanjita Is right they are addictive. I just love finding parts and waiting for them to arrive. Really tempted by an AP ROO franken but I know I really really shouldn’t even get into it. Wish me luck

Yeah, they can be fun getting all the gen parts, but also bloody expensive. Done a couple of frankens now, and currently in middle of doing third and they just get more expensive every time as go deeper into doing even more to them. First one was just below four figures and second one was a little over four figures and current one is well into four figures as I have gone properly balls deep with this one.

When I was heavily into my AP’s I thought about doing a Franken, but they are seriously expensive, so stuck to my breitling and Rolex.

Moondustesp
45 minutes ago, Chiquita Fanjita said:

Yeah, they can be fun getting all the gen parts, but also bloody expensive. Done a couple of frankens now, and currently in middle of doing third and they just get more expensive every time as go deeper into doing even more to them. First one was just below four figures and second one was a little over four figures and current one is well into four figures as I have gone properly balls deep with this one.

When I was heavily into my AP’s I thought about doing a Franken, but they are seriously expensive, so stuck to my breitling and Rolex.

You are completely right and yeah the AP frankens are ridiculous money but it’s all in the name of fun