bilbohobbit

Tourbillons watches post your best pics !

bilbohobbit

Hi guys !

I bought a PAM616 Carbotech and i'm very happy with it so far :)

I am now looking for a decent tourbillon rep. I've been looking on TDs website but it's hard to find a nice tourbillon...There's lot of models which doesn't even exist in real life (Vacheron-Constantin Tourbillon Malte roman dial without power reserve, zodiac signs tourbillons, etc...) it looks like factory want to make tourbillon version of every watches without bothering if gen versions do exist lol

Anyway i'm asking tourbillon owners here some advices for a nice tourbillon (that actually exist in real life), brand doesn't matter, as long as it's not some too fragile and break in a week...My budget is up to $800-900.

Feel free to post pics :P

BenjaminButton

$900 on costume jewellery, hell’s teeth!

_DC_

I’ve tried several tourbillons over the years as I love the complication, and I’ve found the best by far to be the RM001...

D1-E1-C36-A-5-BEE-493-B-B8-A2-8-B8-DBCF0

It’s a ground up tourbillon rather than an existing model with a hole cut in the dial like the Royal Oak tourbillon for example, which I’ve decided I don’t like, so it’s only ground up tourbillon watches for me from now on!!

DC

Glaude
23 minutes ago, _DC_ said:

I’ve tried several tourbillons over the years as I love the complication, and I’ve found the best by far to be the RM001...

It’s a ground up tourbillon rather than an existing model with a hole cut in the dial like the Royal Oak tourbillon for example, which I’ve decided I don’t like, so it’s only ground up tourbillon watches for me from now on!!

DC

You should do a short review on this beauty, the RM section needs some love :) 

Luxuracer

Best of the best .... IWC Portugieser Tourbillon Middle East Special Edition

IMG-20181110-231724-1.jpg

IMG-20181110-225524.jpg

IWC-optimize.gif

nycrounders

9d7c949e86f656dbdbb393a6bc3ad92b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bilbohobbit
1 hour ago, _DC_ said:

DC

Very nice i like it ! Not much a fan of RM but this one looks rather cool :) 

58 minutes ago, Luxuracer said:

Best of the best .... IWC Portugieser Tourbillon Middle East Special Edition

IMG-20181110-231724-1.jpg

IMG-20181110-225524.jpg

IWC-optimize.gif

Already seen this one ! Beauty definitely on my list :) 

bilbohobbit
53 minutes ago, nycrounders said:

9d7c949e86f656dbdbb393a6bc3ad92b.jpg

Very nice ! I love A.Lange & Söhne :D

nycrounders

c7702164b497a8bf1213765e64e7cfad.jpg

Luxuracer
17 minutes ago, bilbohobbit said:

Already seen this one ! Beauty definitely on my list :)

Check this thread over RWI out ... Bilbo.

It will give you many inspirations .... and hurt your wallet. ;) 

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/replica-watch-general-discussion/127127-official-rwi-tourbillon-club

deju

I’ve seen a modified Rolex with a tourbi 

Crazy! 

@_DC_ stop being a watch snob! :rofl:

PostMaster

I too think Richard Mille is the Kings in the Tourbillon game.. some of mine that I consider “high rep” :blush:

F8-F22-FA8-239-F-46-A2-ACEB-FC5368701968

FA4-D1221-F47-D-46-A3-8-A68-2774-C8-F195

DB8029-C6-9893-4902-A9-F6-2-D5-EF8-FEF6-

B97-A8168-9-DFE-4940-9516-E2-CF1556-A648

Cool watches but the are definitely talking points everytime I wear one.

All the best finding your Tourbillon watch.

bilbohobbit

Came across this one :O Looks pretty awesome :D A gen of this doesn't seem to exist tho :happy:

2qkosp5.jpg

Luxuracer
49 minutes ago, bilbohobbit said:

Came across this one :O Looks pretty awesome :D A gen of this doesn't seem to exist tho :happy:

2qkosp5.jpg

It's a fantasy model ... inspired by the BaselWorld 2013 Zenith Academy Christophe Colomb Hurricane Tourbillon

?format=1500w

bilbohobbit
13 minutes ago, Luxuracer said:

It's a fantasy model ... inspired by the BaselWorld 2013 Zenith Academy Christophe Colomb Hurricane Tourbillon

?format=1500w

Is that a 2 axis tourbillon ? God this is nice, if only i had a couple of thousands of dollars to spend on watches...:blush:

Also i forgot, if anyone has chinese brands tourbillons (not rep, gen chinese brands) feel free to give your opinion about them and post pics if you own one :) I'm curious :P 

Glaude
7 minutes ago, bilbohobbit said:

Is that a 2 axis tourbillon ? God this is nice, if only i had a couple of thousands of dollars to spend on watches...:blush:

Also i forgot, if anyone has chinese brands tourbillons (not rep, gen chinese brands) feel free to give your opinion about them and post pics if you own one :) I'm curious :P 

You may want to check this awesome thread

fatarms

JLC Tourby

VKrMOjK.jpg

Also had the Millionsmart sterile tourbillon for a year or so, also a solid watch.

2r5fb84.jpg

I also had a monster 50mm Android tourbillon for a few months, this thing was a monster with a tungsten case.  It weighed a ton.

ZvuUzyc.jpg

Realism
6 minutes ago, fatarms said:

JLC Tourby

VKrMOjK.jpg

Also had the Millionsmart sterile tourbillon for a year or so, also a solid watch.

2r5fb84.jpg

I also had a monster 50mm Android tourbillon for a few months, this thing was a monster with a tungsten case.  It weighed a ton.

ZvuUzyc.jpg

The pics of the Android and jlc broken?

fatarms
3 minutes ago, Realism said:

The pics of the Android and jlc broken?

Possibly, they were old links in my photobucket that I linked to imgur, I'll have to see if I can reupload them.

fatarms

Hopefully these work?  Let me know if you still can't see them.

Qs4P1kD.jpg

boDlpIz.jpg?2

SwLuK9W.jpg

GenTLe

Personally I really like the IWC mystere like this:
portuguese-tourbillon-mystere-ss-gray-dial-power-reserve-black-croco-leather.jpg

Or this (but I prefer the first one):
portuguese-tourbillon-iw504602-ss-zf-best-edition-gray-dial-on-brown-leather-strap.jpg

I know the turbillon on the gen is smaller, but they are such rare objects that it isn't a deal breaker for me.

Realism
4 hours ago, fatarms said:

Hopefully these work?  Let me know if you still can't see them.

Qs4P1kD.jpg

boDlpIz.jpg?2

SwLuK9W.jpg

Works now. Thanks!

Hyjynx

8de57f4360f568bf77a8ac43bef5a6a5.jpg

6a348295e432365ec24a76bb687a7604.jpg

43824c61b5e7b031b28c6edae3e1d7f5.jpg

54d18d39c00784116940f52e731eae22.jpg

ab2707c9a89f4dbee4f77d8fcbf0cbfe.jpg

a5eb5365aae4a6373dadc912dabb85d4.jpg

I recently picked up this beautiful Manufaktur Waldhoff Ultramatic Tourbillion fresh off its Kickstarter campaign. The specs are quite impressive for a sub-$1000 German made watch:

42.5mm case diameter and 13.8mm thickness.

316L Stainless steel case.

Metallic multilayer dial with applied indices and lumed hands.

Sapphire front crystal with AR-coating.

Sapphire exhibition caseback.

Peacock 5212 Flying Wing Co-Axial tourbillon - 21,600 bph with 29 jewels and 40 hour power reserve.

22mm lug width.

Genuine calf leather strap with a stainless steel deployment buckle. There’s also an SS bracelet. Both leather straps and bracelets come with quick-release springbars so changing from one to the other is quite a breeze.

4 dial colors - Obsidian black (pictured), royal black, royal blue, and pearl. There’s also a rose gold version.

A few pictures:

82c9262ef35e27c3245ac8df821f3ed4.jpg

0ab40c71e6e7b51459922014cc2731c9.jpg

0939b2f85526adc27b89e388d9ff1e75.jpg

1c0f164b7f271fabe07a11295d5cd80f.jpg

My initial thoughts:

The dial is rather wordy- What’s the need for “Tourbillon” to be on the dial more than once? There is no reason to have the 60 second counter either since there is no center seconds hand. They definitely skimped on the packaging (cardboard) and the leather strap (honestly, I’ve seen better on some high end reps). At 13.8mm, the watch is rather high and may struggle to fit under a shirt cuff.

All that said, there is no gainsaying the superb quality of this watch. The dial is multilayered and beautiful. The tourbillon itself (of Chinese origin, but from one of the best and most reliable makers) is enthralling. I probably would have done away with the rotor to slim the case a bit, but that too is beautifully decorated.

Overall, this is a “bang for your bucks” watch. Did I mention it is made in Germany? If I didn’t, it says so on the watch... three times!