gooner2826

Etsy Bracelets

gooner2826

Wondering if anybody can shed any light. 

Bought a dirt cheap longines la grande classique off the gate for a beater (surprisingly had sapphire crystal). In fairness everything is sweet, bar the bracelet which is tinny. Had a gander for a cheap replacement and Etsy had some for £40 which seem to be really decent. Anybody ever bought anything off there strap/bracelet wise to guage an idea of quality? 

Cheers

mr.tourette

checkout the watch gecko sale section there are a lot of very nice stainless straps on there at the moment.  https://www.watchgecko.com/special-offers.html

Bought a few custom leather straps on etsy though and have always had good service 

gooner2826
26 minutes ago, mr.tourette said:

checkout the watch gecko sale section there are a lot of very nice stainless straps on there at the moment.  https://www.watchgecko.com/special-offers.html

Bought a few custom leather straps on etsy though and have always had good service 

Cheers mate will definitely have a look! 

duddlyboy
On 05/01/2019 at 20:44, gooner2826 said:

Wondering if anybody can shed any light. 

Bought a dirt cheap longines la grande classique off the gate for a beater (surprisingly had sapphire crystal). In fairness everything is sweet, bar the bracelet which is tinny. Had a gander for a cheap replacement and Etsy had some for £40 which seem to be really decent. Anybody ever bought anything off there strap/bracelet wise to guage an idea of quality? 

Cheers

I purchased a Tudor 18mm deployment clasp from Etsy off a dealer based in UK . He has a variety of straps and clasps which he sells as aftermarket or genuine  ( he does have the odd genuine item ) without stating it outright of course:D , but 99% of his stock are  replicas . I paid £30 for the clasp with delivery ,  which when it arrived was obviously ZF ( as i suspected from his posting ) so i was chuffed . It looks great with my ZF BB and gen strap . I have since purchased a Rolex tang clasp from him ( again obviously rep ) again very pleased with item looks great on a gen croc strap with a JF OP . So in short yes i was very pleased with quality . I HAVE JUST CHECKED THE DEALERS site and he has Longines Grand classique bracelet for sale for £40 , so IF it is the same guy i can definitely recommend !!!The items i received were spot on and  delivered quickly with good comms .

Obviously i won't put the dealers details on here but if you want to PM me i can give you them , or confirm it is the same guy i suspect it is . 

Edited by duddlyboy

gooner2826
1 hour ago, duddlyboy said:

I purchased a Tudor 18mm deployment clasp from Etsy off a dealer based in UK . He has a variety of straps and clasps which he sells as aftermarket or genuine  ( he does have the odd genuine item ) without stating it outright of course:D , but 99% of his stock are  replicas . I paid £30 for the clasp with delivery ,  which when it arrived was obviously ZF ( as i suspected from his posting ) so i was chuffed . It looks great with my ZF BB and gen strap . I have since purchased a Rolex tang clasp from him ( again obviously rep ) again very pleased with item looks great on a gen croc strap with a JF OP . So in short yes i was very pleased with quality . I HAVE JUST CHECKED THE DEALERS site and he has Longines Grand classique bracelet for sale for £40 , so IF it is the same guy i can definitely recommend !!!The items i received were spot on and  delivered quickly with good comms .

Obviously i won't put the dealers details on here but if you want to PM me i can give you them , or confirm it is the same guy i suspect it is . 

Perfect mate, thank you for the PM! Exactly the seller I was looking at (looked really good quality), think I'll treat the longines beater to a new bracelet. Give it the loving it deserves! 

BenjaminButton

Haven't looked at Etsy for a while. Amazed they are getting away with the replica buckles and bracelets.

duddlyboy
9 minutes ago, BenjaminButton said:

Haven't looked at Etsy for a while. Amazed they are getting away with the replica buckles and bracelets.

They are listed as aftermarket . I wished i hadn't posted on the open forum and just sent Gooner a PM ( not that i suppose it matters) . It needs keeping a lid on , because the dealer sells some cracking items at great prices . The reason long may it continue because i will be long term  returning customer, i wouldn't want him banned from site  .

Edited by duddlyboy

BenjaminButton
They are listed as aftermarket . I wished i hadn't posted on the open forum and just sent Gooner a PM ( not that i suppose it matters) . It needs keeping a lid on , because the dealer sells some cracking items at great prices . The reason long may it continue because i will be long term  returning customer, i wouldn't want him banned from site  .

Big brother is not amongst us. But those sellers are bold as brass - more than DHGATE sellers - not even hiding the logos only a matter of time.

ca7aeb08ed6af315c8a82f3c14149fb0.jpg