wowsasb

Visiting Switzerland, where should I go?

wowsasb

Going to the land of watches soon and wondering if there are any recommendations for any horological tourism? Anything else besides? I already have some ideas of course but would love some input as to whether theres anything that really should not be missed as a watch lover? 

onzenuub

Luzern, juweler Bucherer

John45

Both Wengen and Murren overlooking the Lauderbrunnen Valley.  There are 72 waterfalls in the valley and you'll get tired of marveling at them.  Parasail from Murren over the valley if you're adventurous!  Stay in one of the hotels at the edge of the valley and you'll be able to look straight down 1000' from the patio and marvel at the expanse of the valley.

Wengen is a great jumping off place for the trip to the Jungfrau, which is a bit pricey, but a must see if you're in the Bernese Oberland.  The skiing is probably better from Wengen, but I'm too old now.

Fantastic place which should be on everyone's bucket list, enjoy your trip and report back!

Edited by John45

elp

Zurich, Banhofstrasse; rows of jewellers with the latest beauties to drool over.

Never been, but the watch museum in La Chaux-de-Fonds is supposed to be good

Jibuti

Zurich, Jungfrau, St. Moritz... there is more to life than watches.

wowsasb

Thanks guys!

efajri

Lucerne, Interlachen.