rolexlover101

ARF Daytona mod question

rolexlover101

Hi all

Sorry the noob question but for the ARF Daytona, some  Removed movement deco and installed gen 7750 rotor.  What is the purpose of doing this?

Does it allow for less rotor noise at the expense of the chrono function (@ 6) and to lower the back case?

Does this mod also turn it into a winding watch daily?

processengr

The rotor supplied on this watch is lighter than the rotor normally supplied with the 7750 movement.

This is to provide clearance for a strictly decorative sub plate, intended to look like the genuine Rolex 4130 movement, and in keeping the watch thickness to a minimum.

Because it is lighter it doesn't effectively wind watch as efficiently. Some less active wearers may find limited power reserve. Since the case back is closed, the decorative plate is of questionable usefulness.

The mod should improve the power reserve, watch remains auto winding.

Ped

Out the box the stock rotor can be noisy, carrying out this mod should shut it up. I sent mine to Rolie along with some other bits and he just lubed it, big improvement with the noise.

I never experienced poor power reserve at all, straight out of the box or now.

rolexlover101

Thanks for the answer guys.

Is the replacement rotor require the removal of that decorative plate? Will this make the watch thicker?

Approximately how much is that replacement rotor cost and is it something an amateur can do himself?  Thanks again

rolexlover101

Sorry stupid question above :)

@peedog Thanks...Looks like it's sold already.  That was fast.

So it looks like what I need is Moebius D5 oil, ETA 7750 rotor (or a gen 7750 rotor), and possibly a lower back casing to slim down the watch.   Anyone know of a good place to source these parts (except for the oil..I think I can manage that one :) )

processengr

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Generic-oscillating-weight-1143-1-for-7750-7751-7753-7754-movement-perlage-rotor-/323311090537?hash=item4b46d7bb69

Be sure to get the screw too. What looks like the center hub with three small screws on the deco plate is actually the screw...you will need a new one to mount the new rotor in place of the deco plate.

FoxWilde

Is it possible to put an ARF dial on a Noob Daytona? Definitely a worthwhile venture for someone (like me) who can’t afford a gen dial

thechoppiestgreens

What kind of noise are we talking here? How loud will the rotor noise be?

ElvisFreak

my story is different....

I bought an ARF V2 next door and it came with the rotor removed. The seller sent the watch to me with the removed rotor and its screw. So the watch was a manual wind. But when I received the watch, I re-installed the rotor and I find the rotor to be super silent and spins nicely. I wonder what members here consider "noisy".....?