hockysa

long time lurker

hockysa

Hi All,

Long time lurker first time poster.

I've always looked at these watches and marvelled at how close to the real thing some of these replicas get.
Has been on the back of my mind to get myself one of these watches for a very long time but something tends to come up and then I don't get back into it for a while again.

I would like to break this cycle this year.

Been reading what I can and seeing some great reviews however how to buy one still eludes me.

Look forward to being a part of the community.

Cheers,

Benjamin

Mystery Shopper

Welcome to the nuthouse.

Do you know exactly what you want to buy? Decide on that, pick a Trusted Dealer, contact them and go from there. The hardest thing is knowing exactly what yoy want.

BadApple

I find the best way is to communicate via the email contact with the supplier with what you would like. 

Tell them you are on RWG until they get to know you. They will then tell you the best ways to pay.

Some use PayPal but do exactly as they say and they add their fees (5%) . Some do Western Union and give a discount (5%) otherwise you need to go on their site and do a Credit Card.

When they receive the watch (can be a couple of days, can be a couple of weeks) they will send you pictures of it for you to approve. Once approved they will ship out to you within a few days. 

Glaude

Hi and welcome ! :) 

Warpie

Hello and welcome, I feel your pain! See so much nice stuff I cant decide either. Just trying to narrow it down to a top 5 before taking the next step. So much to learn tho. 

efajri

:brightlight:Welcome to RWG.

Three things you need to know: be patient, expect to lose a lot of money and be prepared to get disappointed. 

waltswagon

Welcome buddy! Any reps you're looking at currently?

hockysa
On 06/01/2019 at 08:42, Mystery Shopper said:

Welcome to the nuthouse.

Do you know exactly what you want to buy? Decide on that, pick a Trusted Dealer, contact them and go from there. The hardest thing is knowing exactly what yoy want.

Hey,

I'm after this bad boy. 

So I can approach any trusted dealer?
Was under the impression that each dealer did their own "brand" or version.

Benjamin

BadPickle
6 minutes ago, hockysa said:

Hey,

I'm after this bad boy. 

So I can approach any trusted dealer?
Was under the impression that each dealer did their own "brand" or version.

Benjamin

All dealers can get all stuff pretty much, just choose one off the list you like the sound of and send them an email asking for what you would like. 

I’ve personally used most here, they’re all as good as each other. 

Good luck 

MOT

I'm curious, is it the transaction malarkey or is it buying replica that holds you back?  Either way, NIKE "just do it"

hockysa
On 07/01/2019 at 20:31, efajri said:

:brightlight:Welcome to RWG.

Three things you need to know: be patient, expect to lose a lot of money and be prepared to get disappointed. 

lol this is grim but good advice/setting expectations

21 hours ago, waltswagon said:

Welcome buddy! Any reps you're looking at currently?

yes looking at Submariner's at the moment VRF Max version 2 looks the goods

hockysa
9 hours ago, MOT said:

I'm curious, is it the transaction malarkey or is it buying replica that holds you back?  Either way, NIKE "just do it"

its more the transaction ( or not knowing how to proceed) I have no qualms with owning a replica.

I'm sure after I doit once everything will all make sense and all hell will break loose

efajri
2 hours ago, hockysa said:

lol this is grim but good advice/setting expectations

Most noobies have been spoiled by the speedy and generous Amazon.com services. Sadly, this ain't Amazon.

You are buying an illegal good from a faceless dude online who is probably wanted by the Chinese, EU/UK and US authorities and certainly despised by the Swiss watch makers. 

MOT
19 hours ago, hockysa said:

its more the transaction ( or not knowing how to proceed) I have no qualms with owning a replica.

I'm sure after I doit once everything will all make sense and all hell will break loose

Checkout the TD feedback then go for it, but as they are TD's if there were any major problems all the peeps here would shout very loud.

BIG GRUNDY

Welcome...Keep reading...I didn't purchase my first one until much later after I joined...

Luxuracer

Welcome to RWG ... and the Repworld.
(The nuthouse is just a bonus ;) )

dph.gif

trailboss99

Welcome to the funny farm mate!

hockysa
On 10/01/2019 at 18:44, MOT said:

Checkout the TD feedback then go for it, but as they are TD's if there were any major problems all the peeps here would shout very loud.

Yeah I'm assuming they wouldn't get to trusted status if that was the case.

On 10/01/2019 at 19:17, BIG GRUNDY said:

Welcome...Keep reading...I didn't purchase my first one until much later after I joined...

Looks like I'll be following suit at this rate 

On 10/01/2019 at 20:35, Luxuracer said:

Welcome to RWG ... and the Repworld.
(The nuthouse is just a bonus ;) )

dph.gif

On 11/01/2019 at 10:48, trailboss99 said:

Welcome to the funny farm mate!

thanks guys!

BIG GRUNDY

A poll should be in place with those who purchase a Rolex as their 1st rep....bet it's damn near 60%

Good luck and keep reading

hockysa
17 hours ago, BIG GRUNDY said:

A poll should be in place with those who purchase a Rolex as their 1st rep....bet it's damn near 60%

Good luck and keep reading

Lol I guess it might be a well known name.

would be curious to know other peoples first Reps. What was yours if you don't mind me asking?

Mystery Shopper

Mine was a Breitling. I didn't go for a Rolex because it was a slightly smaller watch. The sub 116610 is available through most dealers and you won't go wrong ordering it. I bought one and it is still in the rotation.

Depending on wrist size, you may prefer the 16610 over the 116610- have you done your homework? As I said earlier, the hardest part is deciding exactly what you want.

GingerApple

I did not buy a Rolex first!!!

I went for an RM. Then I bought about ten straight Rolies.....

By the way, don't listen to the scare stores, just buy a bloody watch!!!!  

shyreplover

Like my old boss always said "Never trust anybody 100% even your wife".
Trusted dealers are way better than non-trusted dealers of course. They will send you the watch you ordered.
But they will send you fucked up watch if you are not careful with the QC pics.

Anyway, enjoy your first buying experience

hockysa
1 hour ago, Mystery Shopper said:

Mine was a Breitling. I didn't go for a Rolex because it was a slightly smaller watch. The sub 116610 is available through most dealers and you won't go wrong ordering it. I bought one and it is still in the rotation.

Depending on wrist size, you may prefer the 16610 over the 116610- have you done your homework? As I said earlier, the hardest part is deciding exactly what you want.

Admittedly I've tried neither on my wrists in real life so it's a bit hard to tell since they're both still 40mm cases

1 hour ago, Gingerskooch said:

I did not buy a Rolex first!!!

I went for an RM. Then I bought about ten straight Rolies.....

By the way, don't listen to the scare stores, just buy a bloody watch!!!!  

I like this advice

BIG GRUNDY

Interesting...Mine was Breitling as well, followed by an Omega.  Still haven't pulled the trigger on a Rollie..

I'm getting the gen itch now..