hockysa

long time lurker

elp
3 hours ago, hockysa said:

Lol I guess it might be a well known name.

would be curious to know other peoples first Reps. What was yours if you don't mind me asking?

Omegas

WP_20130724_003_zpsa649d9e4.jpg

50 + reps bought and sold later, I still have one of them :)

hockysa
14 minutes ago, elp said:

Omegas

WP_20130724_003_zpsa649d9e4.jpg

50 + reps bought and sold later, I still have one of them :)

That actually leads me to my other question what is the community like with second hand reps?

Do people trust others enough to buy across the world and have them posted or just buy within areas where local pickup is possible (or post within same country)

Realism
12 minutes ago, hockysa said:

That actually leads me to my other question what is the community like with second hand reps?

Do people trust others enough to buy across the world and have them posted or just buy within areas where local pickup is possible (or post within same country)

I've bought reps from fellow members in Australia, sent to the States.

I've helped by sending watches to as far as Qatar.

It's all about your reputation in the forum itself.

GingerApple
16 minutes ago, hockysa said:

You get the odd scammer, but there are probably hundreds of M2M sales weekly (at least next door at RWI) that go without issue. You need to do your research, get a feel for the seller/buyer and it normally goes without a hitch. Most people try and sell in their postal area - EU to EU, CONUS to CONUS etc, just to avoid customs issues.

hockysa
1 hour ago, Gingerskooch said:

You get the odd scammer, but there are probably hundreds of M2M sales weekly (at least next door at RWI) that go without issue. You need to do your research, get a feel for the seller/buyer and it normally goes without a hitch. Most people try and sell in their postal area - EU to EU, CONUS to CONUS etc, just to avoid customs issues.

ah true, might either get slapped with taxes on a luxery item or confiscated if fake which would be lose lose