ie_benitez

Junghans clock antique

ie_benitez

Hi would anyone  happen to know where I located parts for an antique clock,  Its Junghans clock that I am trying to get working.  It used to belong to my grandmother. 

TRANSPORTER

I’d start with the bay then maybe do a quick search for help on some of the other forums, clocks are great to work on as parts are so big!! It will probably need rebushing as well as a full strip clean and inspection. Be careful when letting down clock springs then things are lethal and will happily rip your finger and/or break a few teeth on the odd wheel. 

Only try removing the mainspring if you have the kit, I don’t at the moment so I take mine to my smith to take out and install new ones on any clock movements that I work on ok

ie_benitez

On 08/01/2019 at 12:46, TRANSPORTER said:

I’d start with the bay then maybe do a quick search for help on some of the other forums, clocks are great to work on as parts are so big!! It will probably need rebushing as well as a full strip clean and inspection. Be careful when letting down clock springs then things are lethal and will happily rip your finger and/or break a few teeth on the odd wheel. 

Only try removing the mainspring if you have the kit, I don’t at the moment so I take mine to my smith to take out and install new ones on any clock movements that I work on ok

I am only missing the our wheel which need to be replace. No luck so far  

TRANSPORTER

Sorry for the late reply, I was in need of a wheel for a smiths empire 3 train Westminster chime clock, was looking for just over a year for that one wheel, was searching the bay looking at every clock wheel sale and counting the teeth on each in every picture bloody tedious I can tell you, eventually I found a complete movement that I bought and took the wheel from that. Things take time I’m afraid, try 5 years for an original glycine dial to fit an AS1130 movement from a genuine Wermacht watch from WW2, now that was a long search!!!!