ie_benitez

Doxa vs Bulova

ie_benitez

So wich one would you keep? 40 vs 44 orange vs turquoise,  sellita vs ETA.  Limited 300 vs 666

hYQkr.md.jpg hYcVI.md.jpg hYngo.md.jpg

KarmaToBurn

I like the Bulova but I would keep the Doxa for sure. 

ie_benitez

That’s were I am leaning. The bezel action on the doxa is probably the best I have ever tried, and the bracelet is also probably one of the best BOR

elp

750T :)

CurioLeo

Doxa all day, every day. Still kicking myself for not getting the yellow limited edition when I had the chance.

ie_benitez
3 hours ago, CurioLeo said:

Doxa all day, every day. Still kicking myself for not getting the yellow limited edition when I had the chance.

That’s a very nice model keep your eyes on ebay saw 2 go for bellow retail new. 

Realism

Both....

Always go for the higher number...

The more the merrier ...:D

CanRep

I'm gonna get pushback for this..... The Bulova all day long. That Doxa is hideous (sorry!). Don't like the dial colour, the cluttered look with wwwaaaayyyyyy too many bloody numbers, and that aweful looking wannabe jubilee/mesh bracelet. Yuck. 

That Bulova, however, is pure class. Standout orange, clean retro throwback dial and bezel, and clean bracelet. Only thing I will concede is the ETA movement is only SLIGHTLY better in my opinion. I've got both and still find them to both be incredibly accurate and reliable. 

headhunt3r

+1 for the doxa!

brang1

Both... love the 666 Bulova

splke

that Doxa though wow its a beauty :wub:

Khronos

I always thought that the Bulova diver has the Miyota 8215 inside.. Live and learn I guess :) Tough decision, Doxa is a legend, but the dial is too busy for my taste. 

Foxindebox

BF15687-D-5-CC5-4-FC2-B662-4-E62-F4-F837

Doxa all day long ;)

ie_benitez
3 hours ago, Foxindebox said:

BF15687-D-5-CC5-4-FC2-B662-4-E62-F4-F837

Doxa all day long ;)

Beautiful!!! Any idea how the case compares to the 1200T ?  

ie_benitez
3 hours ago, Khronos said:

I always thought that the Bulova diver has the Miyota 8215 inside.. Live and learn I guess :) Tough decision, Doxa is a legend, but the dial is too busy for my taste. 

The none limited 42mm comes with a  Miyota the limited pumpkin  dial 40mm comes with a sellita. 

ie_benitez
7 hours ago, CanRep said:

I'm gonna get pushback for this..... The Bulova all day long. That Doxa is hideous (sorry!). Don't like the dial colour, the cluttered look with wwwaaaayyyyyy too many bloody numbers, and that aweful looking wannabe jubilee/mesh bracelet. Yuck. 

That Bulova, however, is pure class. Standout orange, clean retro throwback dial and bezel, and clean bracelet. Only thing I will concede is the ETA movement is only SLIGHTLY better in my opinion. I've got both and still find them to both be incredibly accurate and reliable. 

Jubilee used to be my preference until a tried the BOR, have you seen the 666 in person? as the pictures do not show the real color tone, in person it looks more like a pumpkin which I am sad to say it put me off some. 

Foxindebox
1 hour ago, ie_benitez said:

Beautiful!!! Any idea how the case compares to the 1200T ?  

Thanks very much! The case is a lot smaller as it’s the same size as the original 60s version. 42.5mm I believe.

NFleischer

Doxa! Iconic dive watch.

Khronos
20 hours ago, ie_benitez said:

The none limited 42mm comes with a  Miyota the limited pumpkin  dial 40mm comes with a sellita. 

Thank you for clarification! I had no idea these even existed. 

BM284

As already said.... the Doxa :thumbsup2:

CanRep
On 08/01/2019 at 05:15, ie_benitez said:

Jubilee used to be my preference until a tried the BOR, have you seen the 666 in person? as the pictures do not show the real color tone, in person it looks more like a pumpkin which I am sad to say it put me off some. 

I will admit that I have not, but I am a sucker for Bulova. I own a Curaçao and honestly I think it has remained my all time favorite watch despite getting into the Rep scene recently (have a JF Kermit, a Tudor heritage, and Omega 300 spectre). 

Is the Doxa a limited run as well? That would be my only other consideration in that the Bulova may retain its value over time as it is a limited run. Now if only they had chose the surfer chronograph to bring back instead.....