Flave

IWC Scratch on Crystal

Flave
12 hours ago, Mystery Shopper said:

Great result.

Flave, you realise of course, you now could be a qualified watch repairer in Finland.   :D

Haha. It’s always great when you can save a few bucks by following the advice of experienced guys. Whether it’s fixing a watch or a leaky faucet. As long as the do-it-yourself doesn’t result in screw-it-yourself!

andyboy

:clap:

Being able to do some basic tinkering certainly helps in this hobby. 

Flave

Hoping to dip back in the well on this thread...

I’ve noticed that the movement appears to be loose. When I move the watch back and forth or up and down I sense a bit of movement in the movement (no pun intended). I opened it back up and the screws that hold the movement down are completely screwed in. Any ideas?

Luxuracer
2 minutes ago, Flave said:

Hoping to dip back in the well on this thread...

I’ve noticed that the movement appears to be loose. When I move the watch back and forth or up and down I sense a bit of movement in the movement (no pun intended). I opened it back up and the screws that hold the movement down are completely screwed in. Any ideas?

You need to bend the movement tab a bit (or replace them). These are cheap metal so they would be straightening after remove and reinstall. 

61MAWjtSN+L._UX679_.jpg

Flave
1 hour ago, Luxuracer said:

You need to bend the movement tab a bit (or replace them). These are cheap metal so they would be straightening after remove and reinstall. 

61MAWjtSN+L._UX679_.jpg

Ah, great suggestion. I’ll give it a try. 

Flave
1 hour ago, Luxuracer said:

61MAWjtSN+L._UX679_.jpg

Worked like a charm. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Luxuracer
4 minutes ago, Flave said:

Worked like a charm. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

giphy.gif

Flave

So the issues keep coming on this little gem. I’m now having dayewheel issues. The date appears to be shifting during the day. It may look centered at one moment, then I look down and it’s off center left, then later it looks off center right, then it might go back to center. I’m thinking the datewheel has become unglued? 

Any ideas? Sound like something an amateur can handle, or is it time to find a rep-friendly watchsmith?

thanks gents 

GenTLe
So the issues keep coming on this little gem. I’m now having dayewheel issues. The date appears to be shifting during the day. It may look centered at one moment, then I look down and it’s off center left, then later it looks off center right, then it might go back to center. I’m thinking the datewheel has become unglued? 
Any ideas? Sound like something an amateur can handle, or is it time to find a rep-friendly watchsmith?
thanks gents 
For this I'd go to a tech, here you need to take out hands and dial and it is VERY easy to damage the hands (or the pinions on which they run) removing or resetting them...