MCDM

New to RWG & looking to purchase first rep

MCDM

Hi everyone, 

I’m new to the replica world and I’m looking forward to learning more about it from everyone here as I'm eager to pull the trigger on a Rolex Yacht-Master. The only mod I plan on doing is taking it to a watch maker and getting it waterproofed. 

Here are a few models I’m looking at. 

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on which one I should proceed with.  

Cheers, 

Morgan

Edited by MCDM

RepGuy

Option three. Skip the clone movement, and go with the reliable A2836. You'll thank me later. No reason to splurge in the 904L steel either, as it looks/feels identical to the 316L steel.

Thommo82

Hello and welcome to this insane asylum!

Honestly, all of the watches you have shown are good. Most would do go for Noob or ARF, see if you can find one with a clone eta movement as they are more reliable and easier to fix. 

When it comes to YM’s, my personal preference is this model:

964-F52-D0-1-DE7-4719-823-D-17-E49-FEF48

Glaude

Hi and welcome !

The boys already gave good advice, mine will be the following, puretime isn't a trusted dealer here, but on RWI, you can give a try to our TD as they'll be able to source you any watch you want if they are available on the market.
If you decide to continue with puretime, no problem at all, but should a problem arise (unlikely to) you'll have to request help from RWI and not from here :) 

MCDM

@RepGuyand @Thommo82 appreciate the feedback. 

In your experience, have you had success waterproofing reps? Don't plan on taking it diving, just occasionally swimming, etc. 

MCDM

@Glaude thanks for the heads up. You can obviously tell I'm new to this but this is good to know!

BenjaminButton

Like@glaude says - not a TD here - so discussions about it here are entirely moot. Welcome to RWG and take a look at the RWG TDs and buying guides here. They (the TDs) are all good and all trustworthy and you can buy from any of them with equal confidence and with the backing of the forum should anything go awry.

black263

Different movements.  Unless you plan to modify go with the second.  But it's still a Rolex so expect everyone to assume it's a replica.

elp

First, welcome.

If you've done some reading you will have seen that there's some very nice and expensive reps available, usually the pricier they are = more accurate / reliable.

My suggestion is to start with a cheaper version to a. get used to the process - i.e. buying counterfeit goods from China isn't suited to everybody, and b. learn what inaccuracies may bother you so what  quality you'd be happy with before you get a second mortgage. Some people will magnify x 10 the dial then draw lines on the screen to check how straight the markers are, others won't even notice Lolex on the dial.

As to waterproofing, see here: 

MCDM

Okay, so if anyone had to recommend what's the best Rolex Yacht-Master Blue dial 40mm... what would you pick in in the $300-$500 range?

Again, only thing I plan on doing to it is taking it to a watch mater for water proofing. 

RepGuy
46 minutes ago, MCDM said:

Okay, so if anyone had to recommend what's the best Rolex Yacht-Master Blue dial 40mm... what would you pick in in the $300-$500 range?

Again, only thing I plan on doing to it is taking it to a watch mater for water proofing. 

Dude, stop. We have given you our opinions, because you seemed to have done at least some basic research into models. Now, you've change the question to this "who has the best XXXX" bullshit.

Read the New Member posts, and research. You seem to expect we will answer all your questions, when you've already gotten good info previously. 

Viking95

Yeah, just do some different research on which factory does which aspects on the watch and compare. Mostly noob vs arf vs bp etc, they all are not perfect but find the one you prefer. Also many reps at these prices come water proofed at the factory just ask the TD or read on here how to do it yourself.

MCDM
8 hours ago, RepGuy said:

Dude, stop. We have given you our opinions, because you seemed to have done at least some basic research into models. Now, you've change the question to this "who has the best XXXX" bullshit.

Read the New Member posts, and research. You seem to expect we will answer all your questions, when you've already gotten good info previously. 

Part of researching a watch is reading member posts and asking lots of questions. As someone who is new to rep watches, I'm simply doing my due dillegence and if this bothers you,  you're under not obligation to respond, nor do I expect you to. 

7 hours ago, Viking95 said:

Yeah, just do some different research on which factory does which aspects on the watch and compare. Mostly noob vs arf vs bp etc, they all are not perfect but find the one you prefer. Also many reps at these prices come water proofed at the factory just ask the TD or read on here how to do it yourself.

Thanks man this is good advice. 

Edited by MCDM

black263

Asking lots of questions is the absolute key in this game and don't let these comments put you off.   So since this is a flame free area may I respectfully suggest that you consider asking them in the search box where you will find they have been asked and answered many many times before.

Or, now that we have moved on beyond the "New members and introduction" stage, start a specific query thread in General Discussion where we will be able to give you very targeted and quite detailed advice.

MCDM
6 hours ago, black263 said:

Asking lots of questions is the absolute key in this game and don't let these comments put you off.   So since this is a flame free area may I respectfully suggest that you consider asking them in the search box where you will find they have been asked and answered many many times before.

Or, now that we have moved on beyond the "New members and introduction" stage, start a specific query thread in General Discussion where we will be able to give you very targeted and quite detailed advice.

Absolutely will do. You guys have already been immensely helpful! Learning lots and can’t wait to order one soon.  Thanks again. 

Glaude
11 minutes ago, MCDM said:

This is a great. Thanks dude 

Be aware that this link is for a non TD, it's generally admitted that they won't rip you off, but you'll receive no help if something ended up wrong

For a first rep, I would advise going with a TD

BadApple

Looking at above comments - agree on the 2836 movement - disagree on the 904 steel - it does look different.

STICK TO OUR TD LIST - don't wander off it or you stand a very high chance of losing your money. Email them from the contact link and deal via email.

They will advise you on everything from the watch to safest delivery. 

Ksaeed721
1 hour ago, MCDM said:

This is a great. Thanks dude 

Email Toro the name of the watch on the link, he will source it for you

MCDM

You guys have been awesome. Thanks for taking the time to respond!