Tits McGee

Intelligent Suggestions Requested

Tits McGee

I'll probably want to commit suicide after posting this but I must practice what I preach so here goes:

I have acquired a watch with a hand winding chrono. I've always wanted one but I don't particularly care for this watch. I'm thinking of using it for a project. Now I've done about as much research as my pea sized brain can handle thus far so now I'll ask. What can this movement be used in? Is it anything special? I'm not a big Rolex fan but I would wear a Paul Newman Daytona, which I believe I read somewhere could be used. I understand about the dial spacing etc. I'd just like to know what some of the modders here think. Do I have a winner here? 

0TqRSQU.jpg 6kpZ6kE.jpg

https://www.timeline.watch/watch/1974-eterna-regatta-154-ftp/

FoxWilde

Valjoux 726 huh?

I think the only difference between this and the Val. 727 (Daytona) one is the size of the wheel. I could be wrong though,

Go ahead and pile up $5000 to finish that Daytona build!
Good luck

Junior88
2 hours ago, Tits McGee said:

I'll probably want to commit suicide after posting this but I must practice what I preach so here goes:

I have acquired a watch with a hand winding chrono. I've always wanted one but I don't particularly care for this watch. I'm thinking of using it for a project. Now I've done about as much research as my pea sized brain can handle thus far so now I'll ask. What can this movement be used in? Is it anything special? I'm not a big Rolex fan but I would wear a Paul Newman Daytona, which I believe I read somewhere could be used. I understand about the dial spacing etc. I'd just like to know what some of the modders here think. Do I have a winner here? 

0TqRSQU.jpg 6kpZ6kE.jpg

https://www.timeline.watch/watch/1974-eterna-regatta-154-ftp/

You already know what I think. But I don't have the funds or the know how. 

But I would definitely do a PN with that movement.  Or a 6263 Big Red. 

elp

Shame, I like that watch, nice case

Aren
2 minutes ago, elp said:

Shame, I like that watch, nice case

I think it looks nice too, but only Tits needs to be happy with it.

:wub:

blueoysterboy
6 minutes ago, Aren said:

I think it looks nice too, but only Tits needs to be happy with it.

:wub:

... and he will only be happy with a vintage Daytona build, yes Tits? 

Tits McGee

Thanks all. I think I'll start with a physical at the local watch doc. Looks to be a lot nicer than something you drop in a DHGate case . I need to know exactly which mvmt. this is first. Thanks again.