Watts247

First PAM 297 GMT ?

Watts247

Hi All

I'm new to this site and looking into purchasing my first PAM rep. Almost pushed the button on 111 as it seems to be considered a reliable first choice, however I do favor automatic over manual movement. 

That being said, I'd be less than happy if  stopped working after a few months in my hands. I understand there is no guarantee as durability is an obvious weakness of reps in general.

A PAM 297 GMT has caught my eye and is listed for sale with a 23 Jewel MJ movement which I am struggling to find any information on.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this model and the general reliability of the movements

Many thanks in advance 

Matt

NCRich

Listed for sale where?  I am not familiar with the 297.  Is it a 3804B movement?

Oh, and I would get a 111.  Best PAM rep.

BadApple

I had a 297 for 4 years and recently sold it on M2M 

It was faultless - never missed a beat - don't hesitate - IF YOU CAN FIND ONE.

I have a 111 as well - they are available and 100% brilliant if you go for either the Noob or KW

I have had both manual and automatic PAMs but do prefer the manual. 

Hope this confusion helps !!! :thumbsup:

Oh and one word of advice - USE A TRUSTED DEALER AS LISTED ON THIS SITE 

simonbolivar

I think the PAM 297 may be discontinued...  but from what I recall the Noob factory version came with an A7750 movement.  Anything else is probably a lower quality rep.

Agree with Rich, stick with something like the 111 that is still in production and known to be a super rep.  You can always keep an eye out on M2M for someone that might be looking to sell a 297.

Rx4Time

Probably the 3804B movement as said based on the description.  Also, assuming it's accurate, a mineral crystal is scratch prone especially on a watch with such a prominent face.  I like it, but not sure how good this version is. 

Watts247
17 minutes ago, Rx4Time said:

Probably the 3804B movement as said based on the description.  Also, assuming it's accurate, a mineral crystal is scratch prone especially on a watch with such a prominent face.  I like it, but not sure how good this version is. 

Thanks I wasn't aware mineral crystal is scrach prone and as said its a sure bet it would happen with it's prominent face .

I do love the look of this watch but does seem to be a inferior rep...

Spent hours researching the 111..I need to stop looking and just push the button lol 

Thanks again for all taking the time to reply..

Matt

Rx4Time
3 hours ago, Watts247 said:

Thanks I wasn't aware mineral crystal is scrach prone and as said its a sure bet it would happen with it's prominent face .

I do love the look of this watch but does seem to be a inferior rep...

Spent hours researching the 111..I need to stop looking and just push the button lol 

Thanks again for all taking the time to reply..

Matt

If you're interested in a GMT, perhaps something like a, VSF 320m?  I'm not personally a fan of the superclone movements, but there's not many currently produced that use traditional movements like the 7750 or 2836. 

BadApple
4 hours ago, Watts247 said:

https://kuvarsit03.com/panerai-pam-297-gmt-new-design-steel-band.-automatic/

Listed here I've emailed Kevin and he said it's available but the movement description is not something I've seen before MJ movement..

Thanks for the replies might just stick with the  noob 111 and swap out the strap as it looks cack in the pics. 

Because it's listed doesn't mean it's available mate. 

Watts247
35 minutes ago, BADAPPLE said:

Because it's listed doesn't mean it's available mate. 

Kevin's did confirm it was available but not the H factory version..

I'm going to push the button on the PAM 111..Not 100% on which version yet.. Kevin has agreed to swap out the strap for an Asso or rubber.. Probably go for Asso.. Can always swap it out as I see you did..Any pics of yours with it's new one?.

I must say Kevin and his team have been great so far..

Going to order a second for my brother's 40th if all goes well.

Matt

Watts247
1 hour ago, Rx4Time said:

If you're interested in a GMT, perhaps something like a, VSF 320m?  I'm not personally a fan of the superclone movements, but there's not many currently produced that use traditional movements like the 7750 or 2836. 

That explains why I was struggling to find anything with a 7750 movement.. Thanks for that .

Sticking with my first choice as it seems to be a safer bet.

Rx4Time
3 hours ago, Watts247 said:

That explains why I was struggling to find anything with a 7750 movement.. Thanks for that .

Sticking with my first choice as it seems to be a safer bet.

V6f appears to be still making a few 7750 based GMT like the one linked below....a Pam 531

http://www.trustytime.club/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=37_51&products_id=17724

addibegi

Hi

You can find a reps assessment Pam's guide here : https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/panerai/106183-reference-pam-review-guide-replica-search-identification-evaluation-selection

Very useful for choosing your next GF!!!!

mysterio

Make sure the GMT is correct, the original PAM531 had the correct 24 hr GMT but apparently the new PAM531 has a 12-hr GMT, which is inaccurate.

Watts247
On 17/01/2019 at 10:15, mysterio said:

Make sure the GMT is correct, the original PAM531 had the correct 24 hr GMT but apparently the new PAM531 has a 12-hr GMT, which is inaccurate.

Thanks for the headsup.

thefever

yes, some PAM models are indeed 12 hour GMTs. Have to figure out what’s accurate to the gen.