charlie_english1001

My TC 16610 V6+ - I miss TC

charlie_english1001

So, here is in my opinion the best Rolex rep ever made..... Of course she could use some mods but TC was a true artisan.... Purchased as pictured a few years back, only mod was a Gen bezel insert. I now have her on a gen Glidelock too!!!! 

I wonder what happened to TC???

Edited by charlie_english1001
uploaded pics

charlie_english1001

Sorry moderators, posted this in the wrong section earlier..... Here is my TC 16610 V6 with gen bezel insert.... I wonder what happened to TC? He was a true artisan. I have this beauty on a gen Glidelock, and from time to time on a Staib bracelet.

Does anyone know if TC is ok?

Glaude

No pics are showing for me 

LightGeek

No pics here either. I did the gen insert thing and sold it. Stupid me.

KarmaToBurn

Me 3 with the no pics. From what I understand TC is fine and went the gen route. You can probably get the details with a little bit of google-fu. 

Whorologist

Rumor has it he started the Ginault watch brand?

dhistory

Definitely regret getting rid of my v6 with gen insert back in the day as I was chasing a gen maxi case example.

It seems that building a 16610 from parts is the only way to go now since TC’s only last minutes on FS section.

Here’s my build to hold me over while a TC becomes available.

Gen crystal, gen crown, gen LN insert

WM9 Case and Bezel

TC lv hands, TC V3 bracelet

ETA 2824 with BK DWO

JF LV Dial

WW0gNC.md.jpg

tribal
Definitely regret getting rid of my v6 with gen insert back in the day as I was chasing a gen maxi case example.
It seems that building a 16610 from parts is the only way to go now since TC’s only last minutes on FS section.
Here’s my build to hold me over while a TC becomes available.
Gen crystal, gen crown, gen LN insert
WM9 Case and Bezel
TC lv hands, TC V3 bracelet
ETA 2824 with BK DWO
JF LV Dial

WW0gNC.md.jpg
Nice

Gesendet von meinem Mi MIX 2S mit Tapatalk

tribal

Here is mine.

WM9 base

Eta 2824-2 H4

Gen Insert, Tube and Crown, Safir with Lec.

TC KH Dial, TC Hands, BK Datewheel, TC bracelet

[3/788e786f74223c0f2c5829578ced7fb3.jpg[/img]9d0bb676a0bd4f74ec94a594750c8956.jpgb9c409260c370ded5af9991ec5bbaa42.jpg56dc600498797772d6a32c2573d0ab85.jpg69930ff34d9d1be32e5e95be86ed2ab6.jpgf0753433132f4c1e05c82e6fa6e7c4b4.jpg6b6b3c193bca9d8258c5a658f608a610.jpg

dhistory
30 minutes ago, tribal said:

Here is mine.

WM9 base

Eta 2824-2 H4

Gen Insert, Tube and Crown, Safir with Lec.

TC Dial, TC Hands, BK Datewheel, TC Bracelet.788e786f74223c0f2c5829578ced7fb3.jpg9d0bb676a0bd4f74ec94a594750c8956.jpgb9c409260c370ded5af9991ec5bbaa42.jpg56dc600498797772d6a32c2573d0ab85.jpg69930ff34d9d1be32e5e95be86ed2ab6.jpgf0753433132f4c1e05c82e6fa6e7c4b4.jpg6b6b3c193bca9d8258c5a658f608a610.jpg

Thanks bro. That’s a sweet WM9.

I have the same 2824-2 H4. 

Not sure how to confirm it other than from the builder thesociety from RWI.

I have the “z” series, do you think it’s the v1 or v3 WM9?

I have a new set of 16610 LN hands I’m saving for if/when pick up a gen 16610 dial.

tribal

Seems to be WM9 V3, I think

CanRep

I've got the new jf 16610lv, but was curious if any owners of a TC lv could tell me if the bezel on the TC was closer to Gen than the jf? Mine is great and I love it (especially at the price point compared to the TCs) but my bezel is ever so slightly closer to a forest green than the almost limey green Gen. Trying to figure out if there is a replacement out there that is close to Gen. 

Silvire

If I could get my hands on a TC, that would be awesome.

Unfortunately I am sure a TC watch would go prettyy fast!

splke

Put a wtb up you never know your luck but be careful there are some silly inflated prices. 

BadPickle

TC is all yesterday’s hype to keep the price up and I doubt you’d get an unmolested straight outta the box one anyway,, get a JF,  the one without the engraved  rehaut. the only real tell is the datewheel font. 

ShovelnTC
22 minutes ago, pickledbeetroot said:

TC is all yesterday’s hype to keep the price up and I doubt you’d get an unmolested straight outta the box one anyway,, get a JF,  the one without the engraved  rehaut. the only real tell is the datewheel font. 

You dissun my TC Stu??   I do like the keeping the price up part though, Na only joking, I do still think the TC's are the best 5 digit Rep but I would have no hesitation buying a JF now the TC's aren't available and did come close to buying a JF but the funds were diverted to something else at the time.

BadPickle
1 hour ago, ShovelnTC said:

You dissun my TC Stu??   I do like the keeping the price up part though, Na only joking, I do still think the TC's are the best 5 digit Rep but I would have no hesitation buying a JF now the TC's aren't available and did come close to buying a JF but the funds were diverted to something else at the time.

Absolutely NOT!!

I do agree with you Mark, the TC is a good watch,  especially those pics you take on top of the sunny mountains :D 

ShovelnTC
26 minutes ago, pickledbeetroot said:

Absolutely NOT!!

I do agree with you Mark, the TC is a good watch,  especially those pics you take on top of the sunny mountains :D 

Yeah mate, what's a TC without the sunny mountain backdrop:D

Genius

Heres mine

VIX1WZ.jpg

Pretty much stock TC v6 but with a gen insert added

GingerApple

I don't suppose a kind TC owner could take one along to the G2G could they? I'd like to see what all the fuss is about. Pretty please someone.....?

Maybe I should put this in the G2G thread? I will.

Genius
20 minutes ago, GingerDolt said:

I don't suppose a kind TC owner could take one along to the G2G could they? I'd like to see what all the fuss is about. Pretty please someone.....?

Maybe I should put this in the G2G thread? I will.

I think there is already a TC arrived in London @mostling said he would be bringing his 

GingerApple
5 minutes ago, Genius said:

I think there is already a TC arrived in London @mostling said he would be bringing his 

Ta :thumbsup2:

Pob

I have my tc with gen dial, crown, insert, clasp and I honestly forgot what more. I would never sell it since it costed me almost 2k to build. Great artist TC was and I miss him.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

GingerApple
3 minutes ago, Pob said:

I have my tc with gen dial, crown, insert, clasp and I honestly forgot what more. I would never sell it since it costed me almost 2k to build. Great artist TC was and I miss him.

:ttiwwop:

Does that count as talking?

Pob
:ttiwwop:

Does that count as talking?
Will put some pics tomorrow, still tired from the gtg ;)