dave47

Why am I Still Having This Problem with RWG??

dave47

Hi, Gang!

I'm just searching for some ideas about the problems I've been having with the RWG website:  I post wristies to RWG after I've posted on other rep watch sites and sometimes on WUS. When I open the RWG site and go to the wristies and try to post my wristie, it doesn't take at all. After I click on "PASTE," it comes up blank & have to manually reenter the information and pics. This has been an on-going problem for me. Any ideas, folks?  Thanks.

dave

Glaude

As we discussed in PM, I'm unable to reproduce this issue.

Plus over the time I've been here, you've been able to post a lot of writers so I'm wondering, is this a recent issue or is it going for longer than say, one year ? 
There's been little to no significant upgrade to the forum that could have been related to that situation in this time.

Could you describe step by step, your methodology of posting a wrisite ? :) 

Piloten

White_Out_on_computer_screen_2.jpg

Just kidding. It has happened to me, too with no pattern

deju

Also what device / operating system / browser 

BadApple

Ditto ....

Mac - Majave - Chrome....

BIG GRUNDY

Dave--time to give up the 2400 baud modem/router...  :D

Glaude

@BADAPPLE What exactly are you doing when this happens ?

Are you for example taking the content of a post from RWI, hit Copy then on RWG, open a post and hit Paste and it's blank ? 
If so, are you coping the content of the post in the edit mod (while you are typing it) or are you copying the content of it after it was posted ?

BadApple

After posted sir......

Tits McGee

Don't forget to push the reset button.

3SlN5zh.jpg

Glaude
17 minutes ago, BADAPPLE said:

After posted sir......

Not able to reproduce that situation.
I've just tried to do that with the recent wristie from Dave over at RWI, it copied the text in an instant, then just a couple of second after, the pics loaded in the post.
If you don't let the picture load (can vary in duration) and hit Submit reply before, then the post will indeed be blank if it was only composed by pictures, or just with the text

GingerApple

Same here.

It didn't use to happen before you started 'helping out' as tech admin.....

Glaude
46 minutes ago, AskGinger said:

Same here.

It didn't use to happen before you started 'helping out' as tech admin.....

:finger:

Except nothing has changed, so ... I didn't want to resort to that but I think the issue is between your chair/sofa (lazy twat) and your keyboard/screen... :D 

deju

Guys remember that last year the way the site Handles embedding media was updated. 

It now automatically takes direct url’s And converts them to image previews when pasted. 

Sometimes when the process is slow, the post will look blank. 

If you wait the media will appear. If you post before it has processed it. It will stay blank. 

If using picr.me bulk image copy paste it may paste the urls as 

h**tp://...1.jpg 

h**tp://...2.jpg 

h**tp://...3.jpg 

and not automatically convert the images. 

In this case simply click the cursor to after the g in jpg and click enter. It will then process the url to image preview. 

Also note photobucket causes glitches with both RWG and RWI and is not considered forum friendly. Use picr.me. 

In the event you copy from RWI across to RWG if it’s not a plain text paste then it will bring across formatting, this may cause an issue with it’s ability to create the image preview from the block of text copied. 

If you are not sure my advice is to only use individual direct image urls and not copy full blocks of texts. 

Piloten
1 hour ago, Glaude said:

:finger:

Except nothing has changed, so ... I didn't want to resort to that but I think the issue is between your chair/sofa (lazy twat) and your keyboard/screen... :D 

It's a picnic problem!

BenjaminButton

I use the much hated Tapatalk. It's a piece of piss to post photos even for old men. Resizes them too as you post ffs!

fatarms
7 hours ago, Piloten said:

It's a picnic problem!

:lol:  My favorite is a "Layer 8 problem" -from the  OSI model.

brang1
12 hours ago, Glaude said:

As we discussed in PM, I'm unable to reproduce this issue.

Plus over the time I've been here, you've been able to post a lot of writers so I'm wondering, is this a recent issue or is it going for longer than say, one year ? 
There's been little to no significant upgrade to the forum that could have been related to that situation in this time.

Could you describe step by step, your methodology of posting a wrisite ? :) 

would you like my take on methodology "OFF A WRISTIE"

Jibuti
13 hours ago, Piloten said:

where the fuck did you get that pic from my personal collection?!

Mazz
14 hours ago, Piloten said:

Luth??????????????

Rokerite

Just use picr me, it's that easy even a technophobe like me can do it lol. Pic taken at work, uploaded in 2 mins :thumbsup2:

qen62.md.jpg

BadPickle
57 minutes ago, Rokerite said:

Just use picr me, it's that easy even a technophobe like me can do it lol. Pic taken at work, uploaded in 2 mins :thumbsup2:

qen62.md.jpg

You’re flying too low Col... pull up PULL UP, you’ll never make the runway at that height.... 

1 hour ago, Mazz said:

Luth??????????????

:lmao:

:lmao: 

:rofl:

GingerApple

Looks grim Oop North!!! Get the winter coat out!!!!

Rokerite

8 minutes ago, Gingerskooch said:

Looks grim Oop North!!! Get the winter coat out!!!!

It's just started snowing when you posted that, pic was taken from a tower block in Gateshead in November, not from a plane Stu lol. 

GingerApple
4 minutes ago, Rokerite said:

It's just started snowing when you posted that, pic was taken from a tower block in Gateshead in November, not from a plane Stu lol. 

And as I was writing my message, it started snowing here! Strange coincidence! First snow of the year down here. Only lasted five minutes though, lovely and sunny now. Bloody freezing though.

dave47

Hey, Gang!

THANKS for the very entertaining feedback; laughed my ass off; now I have to find  a way to reattachment it to my bod! heh!

Seriously, this has been going on for a few weeks on RWG. I've used my standard methodology for about ten (10) years with little or no problems, so it's been fairly recent. (copying the original post, then pasting it on other sites.)That said, I will employ some of your suggestions to see what happens.  In the meantime, has anyone seen my ass??  I seem to have lost it! (or was that my mind?)

dave