boci

New Hamilton Khaki

boci

I've been out of the watch game for a while dealing with all the 'lovely' things, life brings out of the blue. I think it was an eye opener for all of us learning  about greg_r. How quickly things happen in life and how we need to cherish thing we have today.  Watches were unfortunately on the back burner during this time for me. The new Hamilton Khaki Field H69819530  reignited my passion for watches. I was not quite ready yet, but once I learned that Hamilton finally made a watch worth owning, I simply could not resist. The Hamilton Khaki Field  H69819530 is a 50mm watch. Yes 50mm! Lugs, end to end length is 60mm. I like bigger watches, don't own anything under 44mm and I was sceptical about 50mm watch. The deal was good so I took a plunge.  I just wanted to share quick thoughts with the community. 

For a such a large watch this wears super comfortable. I love everything about this watch, the fit, the finish and overall quality feel is superb. The dial is out of this world. Arabic numerals, are made fully of Super-LumiNova C3, 1mm high.  Giving the dial  a nice,  3D depth. Movement is handwound H-50 exclusive calibre with 80 hours power reserve, based on the ETA C07.111. And the lume...wow! With the 1mm numerals being made fully of Super-LumiNova, volume wise there is probably more Super-LumiNova than what you'd find on 10 Seiko Divers.  It may not be the brightest lume I've ever seen but most definitely the longest lasting. There is simply so much Super-LumiNova that brightens barely fades, hours later.  If there is anything to be desired, it's the included NATO strap. IMHO it's not the best choice for this watch. Once you loop it over the spring bars, it makes the watch bulky ( how ironic is that for a 50mm watch? ). It fits awkwardly and It wasn't for me. I currently have in on a custom made strap, hand made by our own Phizzy ( he's been 'missing' for a while, hope he is doing well). I'm happy with this combo but still looking for a perfect strap to go with this watch. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. 

Bhm80RO.jpg7Gi6s5U.jpgwpd6tci.jpg?1qZUHDrX.jpgC5btOGb.jpg

Tits McGee

Many congrats on the beautiful Hamilton.

50mm :daffy: Wow. I'd snatch one of those up at 42mm in a heartbeat.

Beautiful bro. Beautiful!

Aren

Beautiful !  Enjoy it and wear it in good health. :) 

I have admired this watch since 2011...and here's the proof.

Too bad the photos aren't in the thread any more, but the original picture was just a blur.  See page 2

Thommo82

Great watches these Hamilton’s. I bought a Khaki late last year and am very happy with it.

Love the lume numbers, really nice touch

Piloten

that is marvellous. looks great on you, friend. where did you find it?

Thommo82
2 hours ago, Piloten said:

Not trying to answer your question, but check out https://www.ashford.com/us/home?locale=en_US&_requestid=292149

for some great deals. I bought my Hamilton there for peanuts 

boci
16 hours ago, Piloten said:

Hey J. how is it going? Long time no see... I got it from WUS (I do not like that place) from a fellow  Canadian, from Toronto. I could not sleep one night, I was browsing all the watch forums, saw this watch for sale and relapsed :blowup: .

Although this is limited edition of 550, I do not think they will be hard to find. The 50mm will drive many potential buyers away. 

Edited by boci

NFleischer

Too big for me but nicely made watch, congrats.

stfrance

Personally, I love big ones..

Nice catch.. That looks stunning..:Applause: