awscreo

Replacement movement for Rolex Oyster Perpetual Milgauss replica

awscreo
Yeah, but the one from DHGate is likely to run, making it a better watch than yours.  
Yeah, hence me asking for movement replacement options. I'm not buying another replica, I'm more interested in fixing mine.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Rx4Time

my big thumbs....miyota 8215....the movement the DG 2813 is a clone of.  Get a good one from a reputible seller.  here's one option....

https://www.esslinger.com/chinese-mechanical-3-hand-watch-movement-dg2813-date-at-3-00-overall-height-7-5mm/

Personally, as said, I'd dump it and get a better copy.  The movement runs at a lower beat rate so the seconds hand is choppier, and your's is filled with flaws and tells, the biggest being the AR coating on the crystal . It's a huge tell and why I will never buy another green sapphire milgauss. 

awscreo
my big thumbs....miyota 8215....the movement the DG 2813 is a clone of.  Get a good one from a reputible seller.  here's one option....
https://www.esslinger.com/chinese-mechanical-3-hand-watch-movement-dg2813-date-at-3-00-overall-height-7-5mm/

Personally, as said, I'd dump it and get a better copy.  The movement runs at a lower beat rate so the seconds hand is choppier, and your's is filled with flaws and tells, the biggest being the AR coating on the crystal . It's a huge tell and why I will never buy another green sapphire milgauss. 

Mm, OK. I honestly wasn't trying to fool anyone around me that I have a real Rolex to be honest. I just found this watch in my drawer, and my ocd wants to fix it so it runs as it should. I would likely never wear it outside the house (well, maybe when I can actually pull off a real Rolex I would). I have other watches that I wear and I'm happy with.

FoxWilde
7 minutes ago, Rx4Time said:

Won't give that new Milgauss  rep a chance? I hear they got real green sapphire...

https://www.intime03.co/rollie/5776-milgauss-116400-904l-ss-djf-1-1-best-edition-black-dial-on-904l-ss-bracelet-a2836-real-green-sapphire-crystal.html

Edited by FoxWilde

awscreo

Thanks for the link though. Curious, person above suggested allwatchparts as a source, their prices are lower. Are they less reputable? I haven't bought a movement for a watch yet so I have no experience

Rx4Time
7 hours ago, FoxWilde said:

A friend picked up one already.  It's better than older ones, but still milky and pretty obvious. 

Luxuracer
7 hours ago, awscreo said:

Thanks for the link though. Curious, person above suggested allwatchparts as a source, their prices are lower. Are they less reputable? I haven't bought a movement for a watch yet so I have no experience.

Get your 2813 replacement movement from Allwatchparts. They are good quality 'true' DG2813, second only to the Seagull.

I bought 2813 movements from a few places, including eBay. Allwatchparts has the good quality movement for the price.

The hardest part in replacing a movement is remove and reset the hands.

This video should helps;

awscreo
20 minutes ago, Luxuracer said:

Get your 2813 replacement movement from Allwatchparts. They are good quality 'true' DG2813, second only to the Seagull.

I bought 2813 movements from a few places, including eBay. Allwatchparts has the good quality movement for the price.

The hardest part in replacing a movement is remove and reset the hands.

This video should helps;

Thank you! nice, I was hoping I can try swapping the movement on my own, this watch is a perfect lab rat since I won't likely wear it outside the house anyway :)

I found the DG2813 on allwatchparts, it's around $28. Miyota 8215 is $35, do you think it's worth extra? Or those movements are pretty much the same?

awscreo

Curious, does anyone know the dial size of the milgauss? I cant find definitive info on it, someone said 32mm, some say 31mm.

Luxuracer
22 hours ago, awscreo said:

I found the DG2813 on allwatchparts, it's around $28. Miyota 8215 is $35, do you think it's worth extra? Or those movements are pretty much the same?

Personally, I am not too fond of the Miyota 8215. Due to design, the second hand is known for stuttering (all three of mine does not have that issue). What I can't stand is the non-hacking (the second hand still run when you pull the crown out to set time).

awscreo
Personally, I am not too fond of the Miyota 8215. Due to design, the second hand is known for stuttering (all three of mine does not have that issue). What I can't stand is the non-hacking (the second hand still run when you pull the crown out to set time).
I see. So a cheaper Chinese movement has a better reputation in general? Price difference is too small to be a consideration to be honest, I'd just go with what people suggest is the best option out of those two.

awscreo

I finally was able to take the back off, can someone please help me identify the movement? I looked at images of DG2813 online, i think the rotor is the same as in the basic one, but some details are a bit different. Dunno if it's because the movement is rather old (I think I got this watch in 2012), or it's not a dg2813 and is something else.6a3995223731a7d9f0e4e5132d06031a.jpg49dc4780cd3b81001d603534ce42b77a.jpg

Aren

OP...it is great that you are interested in fixing your Millie, and you got lots of great suggestions here from knowledgeable members.

If you don't have tools, those will cost you.  In evaluating your watch it is probably best to do your own research even though members make great suggestions.

Perhaps start here on your repair journey: 

Well wishes.  I always enjoyed micro-machines too.  Good Luck!

:)

awscreo
Yup, it sure does. So it's a seagull 2806 in the end. I'm guessing it's easier to find hands, dials and holders for the 2813? Can I just take that movement out and replace with 2813, new dial and hands?

awscreo
OP...it is great that you are interested in fixing your Millie, and you got lots of great suggestions here from knowledgeable members. If you don't have tools, those will cost you.  In evaluating your watch it is probably best to do your own research even though members make great suggestions.

Perhaps start here on your repair journey: 

Well wishes.  I always enjoyed micro-machines too.  Good Luck!

I think I have most of the tools I'd need, just missing the hand replacing ones which aren't too expensive on Amazon. I have two sets of good screwdrivers, nice precise anti magnetic tweezers, watch holder, silicone grease for gaskets, brushes, poly watch and metal polishing compounds. I have most of this from fixing and lubing old lenses. I'm also thinking to pick up a timegrapher at a later date.

Thank you for the link, I'll have a look through it!

awscreo

I think I'll use this opportunity to mess around with it. If I break it, no big loss :) I'll get a new movement, new dial, new hands, and see if I can make a custom watch out of it :)

Question, is the hour markers ring on those watches part of the case? It has Rolex marked on it and runs all around the dial. Or its just there held in place by the crystal? Considering to take that out and maybe polishing the etchings out with a dremmel. If I replace the crown, I can probably wear the watch outside lol, there should be no sign of Rolex anywhere else on it.

Glaude

Question : Why not order the exact same movement ? 

I've probably missed something in your post, but you were just looking to replace the movement right ?

The Seagull is pretty reliable and not that hard to find, order it and replace it and you'll be good to go ;) 

awscreo
I've probably missed something in your post, but you were just looking to replace the movement right ?
The Seagull is pretty reliable and not that hard to find, order it and replace it and you'll be good to go  
Well, I'm not ruling anything out. I'm asking questions so I have options and am ready to go ahead once I decide with the direction.

The Seagull is pretty reliable and not that hard to find, order it and replace it and you'll be good to go  
I also want to mod the watch, so I need to consider if finding dials, hands and crowns would be possible. I've seen a lot of those for 2813, 2824, but I don't know if those would work with the st16.

Luxuracer
3 hours ago, awscreo said:

I finally was able to take the back off, can someone please help me identify the movement? I looked at images of DG2813 online, i think the rotor is the same as in the basic one, but some details are a bit different. Dunno if it's because the movement is rather old (I think I got this watch in 2012), or it's not a dg2813 and is something else.6a3995223731a7d9f0e4e5132d06031a.jpg

That is a Seagull ST16 (also called TY2806 or TY28)

You can get one on eBay.

Glaude
1 hour ago, awscreo said:

Well, I'm not ruling anything out. I'm asking questions so I have options and am ready to go ahead once I decide with the direction.
I also want to mod the watch, so I need to consider if finding dials, hands and crowns would be possible. I've seen a lot of those for 2813, 2824, but I don't know if those would work with the st16.

I had a quick google with those words "ST16 swap" you'll find some result about what it's possible to do in that regard, it should be possible to do and you're definitely right, you'll find a lot more resources for those two movements rather than the ST16.
Ebay will be of good use for parts also

29 minutes ago, Luxuracer said:

That is a Seagull ST16 (also called TY2806 or TY28)

You can get one on eBay.

Late to the party heh ? Fu'king Luxu !

Luxuracer
1 hour ago, Glaude said:

Late to the party heh ? Fu'king Luxu !

I read your post and other's right after I posted mine. My browser refreshed really slow today. :rofl:

It got to be the freezing temperature! ;) 

awscreo

Thanks everyone, loads of good info :)