elp
2 hours ago, Mazz said:

I think we were both working on this at the same time

No probs. I usually leave their email, consider it evolution in action :lol:

Aren
7 hours ago, JCC1968 said:

Don’t hijack someone else thread make your own 

also don’t put your email address on the open forum 

You're new around here aren't ya.  Threadcapping and posting Off topic are a time honoured tradition in this forum.

It is also a way to BUMP thread topics to get them attention and keep them in view especially for important topics.

If this wasn't a flame free zone, someone might tell you to bugger off.

Since that was your first post, I guess you couldn't be arsed to Introduce yourself JCC1968 in your own introduction thread, and you just jumped in here.

It sounds like you are a wanna be Mod.  Good, but be around longer, and earn the respect of other Members, learn about the practices of RWG and earn it.

I am only speaking for myself and don't tell others what to do.  I leave it to others to  Moderate because they have superior knowledge and capability.

If someone wants to post their email...it's Darwinian Theory in action.  This is an adult forum, but aging is inevitable - maturing is option, and common sense can be a roll of the dice for many.

Jus sayin

Have a great day all!  :) 

Glaude
1 hour ago, Aren said:

It sounds like you are a wanna be Mod.  Good, but be around longer, and earn the respect of other Members, learn about the practices of RWG and earn it.

What you quoted is the edited text written by Mazz & Elp ;) 

The guy wanted to get some help with building two watches and left his email out in the open :) 

Aren
13 hours ago, JCC1968 said:

I was addressing this  initial and direct quote by JCC1968.

:) 

I am a consummate bump whore and thread crapper, so I took exception to this Member's first post.  :rofl: 

GingerApple

Oh dear. :facepalm:

Glaude, you're going to have to use diagrams to explain this.

Aren
8 minutes ago, Gingerskooch said:

Oh dear. :facepalm:

Glaude, you're going to have to use diagrams to explain this.

13 hours ago, JCC1968 said:

I was addressing this  initial quote by JCC1968.

Good, I like pictures!  :lol: 

I don't think mods need interpreters here, especially by a Member with one post.

Oh sorry, I don't mean the non-bilingual  members.

:rofl: 

GingerApple

Aren.

Aren, Aren, Aren.

JCC1968's first post wasn't what you quoted. His first post probably said something inappropriate like, 'Hi, I'm also new here. I'm looking to buy a Sub. If anyone has one to sell, hit me up at [email protected]'

When I say that his first post probably said something like that, I'm just guessing - because his post was edited by the mods. They removed whatever he wrote and replaced it with their own comment. And it's that comment, the Mod edit, that you keep quoting.

I'm just wondering - what colour is your hair?

Luxuracer

OK ... Let's try to clear things up for @Aren

6 hours ago, Glaude said:

What you quoted is the edited text written by Mazz & Elp ;) 

The guy wanted to get some help with building two watches and left his email out in the open :) 

@Glaude ... Can you tell us what was the exact original comment (without the email address)?

We should send @elp back to Mod-101 Training! .... You forgot to include a "Edited by ELP the super-mod" note at the bottom of the post after you edited it. 

Aren
19 minutes ago, Luxuracer said:

@Glaude ... Can you tell us what was the exact original comment (without the email address)?

We should send @elp back to Mod-101 Training! .... You forgot to include a "Edited by ELP the super-mod" note at the bottom of the post after you edited it. 

NO...you can't send Elp anywhere...All of Elp is beeeloooongggggging to meeee!  

Oh, nevermind...that would be Onze. :wub: 

elp
28 minutes ago, Luxuracer said:

'twas edited by a fellow mod. I prefer to give people enough rope to hang themselves with, it's my caring side. :lol:

Glaude

:lol: 

As a gentleman and more importantly a French (yes you do have to specify that in that sentence) I'll accuse myself for my perhaps unclear message to @Aren.

What I meant was that you said that the OP was a wannabe mod because, I think, you judged him from the message you quoted. But that message was the mod edit by Mazz & Elp telling him not to post those info in here.
As the twat Ginger said, the original message was along the lines of "Hey guys, I have two projects, please help me at this address : xxxx " 

elp
9 minutes ago, Aren said:

NO...you can't send Elp anywhere...All of Elp is beeeloooongggggging to meeee! 

[frantically googles online pharmacies for little blue pills]

Aren
7 minutes ago, Glaude said:

:lol: 

As a gentleman and more importantly a French (yes you do have to specify that in that sentence) I'll accuse myself for my perhaps unclear message to @Aren.

What I meant was that you said that the OP was a wannabe mod because, I think, you judged him from the message you quoted. But that message was the mod edit by Mazz & Elp telling him not to post those info in here.
As the twat Ginger said, the original message was along the lines of "Hey guys, I have two projects, please help me at this address : xxxx " 

I understood the first time Glaude.  :lol:  but thank you!   We are like ships that pass in the night.

I wasn't judging?  I was observing the obvious.   I thought it was hilarious.  RWG has the best Adm/mods anywhere!  anywhere! :) 

No harm or foul, nor any intended, but I don't agree....

Ginger is definitely not a twat

Ginger is a CAUC, but I know this is the flame free zone, so I apologize if anyone was offended or misunderstood me, especially Ginger.

I know of her delicate sensibilities and  know that misunderstood words to her or about her are like crushing a flower.  Besides, she isn't feeling herself at the moment. 

She has the man-flu.  

So, sorry Ginger, please forgive me.  :wub:   and get better.  You will be so much better once you are feeling yourself again!

Wriggles

Burn Ginger burn. Noob lesson 101 don't fuck with the very long term members

Glaude

:lmao: 

Well played @Aren, well played ! :lol: 

Aren
1 hour ago, Gingerskooch said:
Cauc 
This is short for "Complete And Utter Cunt". It's taken from a book Any Human Heart, by William Boyd
Steve is a C. A. U. C. (spoken as an acronym) not as a word "cauc"

:bugeyes::bugeyes::bugeyes:

:crybaby:

I don't see very well Ginger...what is that baby doing?  and why did you choose it?

Hope you feel better.  Mwuh!  :) 

trailboss99
On 18/01/2019 at 14:50, FakeQuality said:

Didn't know this forum actually had genuine watch collectors/lovers on here.

Mate there are people on here who could buy you, your daddy and both of your employers from petty cash and I say that regardless of the net worth of you and/or your daddy.  You would be very surprised indeed at some of the names on this site . . .

GingerApple
5 minutes ago, trailboss99 said:

Mate there are people on here who could buy you, your daddy and both of your employers from petty cash and I say that regardless of the net worth of you and/or your daddy.  You would be very surprised indeed at some of the names on this site . . .

Like that thread next door recently when someone was questioning Legend's ability to pull off a particular mid priced rep as Gen because said Gen costs say £50k.

At which point Legend pulls out his £100k Gen Patek :rofl:

trailboss99

Or the "For Sale" advert for a parking spot in Monaco that cost (way, way) more than  the average house. 

Realism
16 hours ago, Gingerskooch said:

Like that thread next door recently when someone was questioning Legend's ability to pull off a particular mid priced rep as Gen because said Gen costs say £50k.

At which point Legend pulls out his £100k Gen Patek :rofl:

Well, to say that most in the fora can afford to be spending like Legend does is an exaggeration. 

However to make ASSumptions that the people here aren't the same ones that frequent WUS, TRF, TZ, etc is naive as well.

Very few has a large yearly budget for a gen watch, but most does end up spending quite a sum of upwards of 10k (easy) on their favorite Rolexes and the likes... They just don't feel the need to show their :balls: to compensate... After all, the watches don't make the man...

The OP will not the be the last to make such stereotypes... There will be more to come... And like the OP, they will all learn that these stereotypes aren't often true (Like how all Asians are good in Math:D)

GC

At 23... I would suggest looking into vintage Seiko chronographs in particular. Start your watch journey down some interesting affordable genuine watches. 

A rep is a rep... no matter how many genuine parts one decides to swap in. 

Here are my three favorites

AA4907-E0-5862-465-A-B3-DF-6-E0-E6-E1-A2

AF105-FF8-78-D9-4-EF0-B822-0-EA412-BD869

0-C6-D93-B0-8584-47-A8-82-D0-A453801-A8-

just my 2 cents