FakeQuality

Introduction

GingerApple

Oh Christ, you've done it now OP. You've angered the French. You'll have a yellow vest picket line outside your house when you wake up tomorrow.

Glaude
3 minutes ago, Gingerskooch said:

Oh Christ, you've done it now OP. You've angered the French. You'll have a yellow vest picket line outside your house when you wake up tomorrow.

:facepalm: 

CurioLeo
1 hour ago, FakeQuality said:

Yea I understand, I'll just try to find a superocean 42 Breitling.
What do you guys say if people ask if it's fake/replica?

Also I know seiko makes expensive stuff too, some guy at work has a grand seiko that costs like 5000 dollars.

No idea why someone would want that lol

Guess you don't want to hear I have 5 grand seikos then.  And yes, they are all genuine. The cheapest is $5,000.  Why ? Because they are by far the best value for money watch under $15,000. Just not necessarily the best known or appreciated brand.

FakeQuality

Never ment to upset people lol.

Didn't know this forum actually had genuine watch collectors/lovers on here.

To be fair I don't know much about Seiko or what makes it so good. I'm really surprised people on these forums love them.

I don't really get it to be honest, you guys seem like real watch aficionados so why would you want a fake that has Rolex on the dial?

I want to do it to fool others ( sad but honest here :'( ) not really for my own pleasure...

Why not buy something like a Steinhard?

Edited by FakeQuality

Realism

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Edited by Realism

Realism
10 minutes ago, FakeQuality said:

To be fair I don't know much about Seiko or what makes it so good. I'm really surprised people on these forums love them.

I don't really get it to be honest, you guys seem like real watch aficionados so why would you want a fake that has Rolex on the dial?

I want to do it to fool others ( sad but honest here :'( ) not really for my own pleasure...

Let me go over your statements.

1.) You work in sales, but you like to make ASSumptions, and stereotypes... Never do that, you will miss a sale in the future.

2.) There's plenty of reasons why gen owners have reps too. It mostly revolves around money. Only few can afford to have a $6M annual watch budget. For most, buying an expensive 20k usd gen is an every 2-3 years event (yes, that's the fucking average cost of a new ceramic Daytona, an example of a common Grail to most).

3.) Also, brands like Hublot depreciates so much... It doesn't make a lot of financial sense to own the genuine... Since the goal is to have fun in the ownership of reps... You have zero limitations of what you can own.

4.) Most here, unlike you, will gladly tell others that we are wearing reps when asked. Why lie? There's no need for that... A watch doesn't make the man.

5.) Wait... I'm spending my money, not your money.

6.) My last reps were all bought in 2014. The JLC NSD, a couple of PAMs, an AP Diver; All would have depreciated in value. My gens bought from 2011-2013, had all increased in value multiple times, except for a stupid gen Panerai. My replica JLC NSD retained more of its original value compared to my gen Panerai. Go figure.

FoxWilde

Hey mate. 

23 years old is young. But hey, I’m not even 20....

welcome to the forum and I hope you find this place a lot of fun and very informative. It helps you get comfortable in learning and wearing reps, and a thing or two about gens. 

Now People have turned an eye at a college kid wearing Rolexes and Panerais and whatever, but I’ve personally never had anyone ask me if it’s real. You may have different experiences. I work in the jewelry industry. I bought my first (gen) Rolex at 17. First AP at 18. And first Patek (vintage gold Gondola pocket watch) and VC (also gold pocket watch) at 19. And have continued to waste money in this amazing hobby. I’ve collected a plethora of gens and reps the past two years, and I love them both. 

Best of luck on your first purchase and gave fun with this game. Buy em because you like them, not for the status symbol. 

Fox

GulfGT40

If people notice my watch, rarely happens, I'll get in and tell them its a rep before they ask. "Fuck yea its a fake and a good one at that, what do you think the differences are?" Most of my associates are big-earred boys though :giggle:  and are easily impressed.

How about second hand? ...bad pun I know, but I found a nice  Aquaracer for $1000aus, your own times free and if you don't mind the chase there are some good rewards to be had.

Realism
8 minutes ago, GulfGT40 said:

How about second hand? ...bad pun I know, but I found a nice  Aquaracer for $1000aus, your own times free and if you don't mind the chase there are some good rewards to be had.

This is true. Always exciting when you find a deal. Although it should always be with a caveat... Since there's a lot more scams out there. Buy the sellers' reputation, not the watch or the price.

Edited by Realism

Realism
25 minutes ago, FoxWilde said:

bought my first (gen) Rolex at 17. First AP at 18. And first Patek (vintage gold Gondola pocket watch) and VC (also gold pocket watch) at 19. And have continued to waste money in this amazing hobby. I’ve collected a plethora of gens and reps the past two years, and I love them both. 

You should post some shots for the OP, just to show that there's a lot of value among the brands... Not just the XX K figures modern iterations.

And also for some eye candy.

Chixisigma
5 hours ago, Gingerskooch said:

Oh, actually I also lied once to a guy who asked where I got my watch from (a hard to get Rolex ceramic Daytona). I said Chrono 24 and he deffo believed me. I didn't like lying though and only did so because my missus had specifically asked me to that night (her friend's husband, a corporate banking bellend). Never again though.

Tragic :facepalm:

fatarms

For what it's worth, in my almost 7 years here, I've probably had maybe a dozen people notice my watch.  In 7 years.  Most people don't even look at your wrist.  Of those dozen or so, only one person knew the model of the watch I was wearing.  I was wearing my 2836 Datejust 116300 41mm blue dial watch, he had the white dial version on.  His exact words were, "oh, you went with the blue dial."  This guy was exec at my company, so I just replied "I see you have the white dial."  He took it off and handed it to me, so I took mine off to hand to him ready to tell him about how it was a replica...  His watch was a 21J - I could tell by the slower beat of the second hand, with the sticker still on the back with the wrong model number, horrible dial and tiny remnants of the plastic wrap for the bracelet still stuck under the end links.

We handed the watches back and nothing more was said.  If he asked me, I was more than willing to tell him it was a replica, but my gut tells me he wouldn't know one way or the other.

Most, if not all of the other people have said "oooohh, nice watch."  I just say "Thank you" and continue whatever we were talking about.  The only watches people notice are Rolexes.  I would've been the same if I'd not joined this forum.  The only other brand of watch I've owned that got any sort of reaction was my JeanRichard Terrascope that I own, and that one is actually a gen.  Both of the people who noticed it were women and they both verbally said something to the effect of "oh, that's a cool watch."  Again, I just replied with a thank you and kept going about whatever we were discussing.

So I'm averaging about 2 compliments per year.  It may be the circle of people I associate with or work with, but no one really notices these things on our wrists.  If they do notice, I tend to just thank them and continue the conversation we were having.  Maybe it's just me, but if I change the focus of the conversation to the watch, I become materialistic and look like a douchebag because they could never afford the real article.  I have gen watches, some I've bought on my own, others I have been gifted.  I wear the watches for my own edification and if someone notices them, I say thanks.  I'm fully prepared for the "is it real?" question, and would answer unequivocally that it was a replica, but no one has ever asked that in my time as a collector.

FoxWilde
32 minutes ago, Realism said:

You should post some shots for the OP, just to show that there's a lot of value among the brands... Not just the XX K figures modern iterations.

And also for some eye candy.

If you insist :D

A22-B4022-D224-4227-BE04-32-BB6-B4-D6-B7
CC952-C17-5159-42-CF-AA1-D-6-B3-B54735-E
DC2-CA222-39-FC-4-D41-A6-C3-88-D65-F9309

Realism
1 minute ago, FoxWilde said:

If you insist :D

A22-B4022-D224-4227-BE04-32-BB6-B4-D6-B7
CC952-C17-5159-42-CF-AA1-D-6-B3-B54735-E
DC2-CA222-39-FC-4-D41-A6-C3-88-D65-F9309

Hand drawn Chrono dial. Niceeee

RussP

Don't be dissin' Seiko on this forum.

Lots of fans here.

After a while, reps lose their appeal and people turn to affordable gens.

Enjoy your journey....

black263

The answer here is simple.  Buy a gen Rolex.  What?  You can't afford a $10,000 gen?  $1000 deposit and $190 a month on 4-year interest free credit.  That's  McDonald burger flipper money.

Everyone will still assume it's a fake but at least you won't have to lie.

Thommo82
6 hours ago, Glaude said:

I say, yes it is !

Because Grand Seiko are truly beautiful and amazing timepieces both mechanically and visually

This

2 hours ago, FakeQuality said:

Dude......

Seiko are literally the best value for money watches on the market.....

1 hour ago, RussP said:

Don't be dissin' Seiko on this forum.

Lots of fans here.

After a while, reps lose their appeal and people turn to affordable gens.

Enjoy your journey....

Also this 

GingerApple
3 hours ago, Chixisigma said:

Tragic :facepalm:

It really was. I still blush thinking about it. Glad you're alive your miserable Aussie twat.

Chavezzito

Why do I get the feeling this is a sock? :boxedin:

Realism
1 hour ago, Chavezzito said:

Why do I get the feeling this is a sock? :boxedin:

Sock Id was cool when it was 2013 ... Not now dear:D

Wriggles

OP, clearly you care nothing about watches and only about status symbols. Buy that Rolex. Be that person. You know its what you always wanted, you're 23 you've made it, you deserve it, what do we all know, most of us are just old fuckers who failed at life. 

Or, you know, do what all the other trendy kids do and buy a Daniel Wellington and throw a few shots up on insta, it won't really matter as you don't know anything about watches anyway, as shown by your utterly ludicrous comment about Grand Seiko. 

Maybe Mazz might appreciate it a bit better... 

Honestly, just buy whatever you want, you're only here for one reason, your very first post set that stall out very clearly, so buy what you want and enjoy your life, this is not a hobby you understand or have an interest in so why bother. Just buy and go, the defining action of your generation 

FakeQuality
3 minutes ago, Wriggles said:

OP, clearly you care nothing about watches and only about status symbols. Buy that Rolex. Be that person. You know its what you always wanted, you're 23 you've made it, you deserve it, what do we all know, most of us are just old fuckers who failed at life. 

Or, you know, do what all the other trendy kids do and buy a Daniel Wellington and throw a few shots up on insta, it won't really matter as you don't know anything about watches anyway, as shown by your utterly ludicrous comment about Grand Seiko. 

Maybe Mazz might appreciate it a bit better... 

Honestly, just buy whatever you want, you're only here for one reason, your very first post set that stall out very clearly, so buy what you want and enjoy your life, this is not a hobby you understand or have an interest in so why bother. Just buy and go, the defining action of your generation 

???

The name of this forum is Replica Watch Guide Forum and I came here for guidance in buying my first replica watch. 
Help me understand what I said that was so wrong?

You are right about the status symbol part, I never denied that, but why does it matter what reason I want it for?
Personally, I don't understand why someone would buy a replica for any other reason,
my dad used to have a Steinhard and it looked just like a Rolex, so that's why I asked about why not to buy one instead of a fake... 

Sorry if i upset you lol

NCRich
5 hours ago, fatarms said:

For what it's worth, in my almost 7 years here, I've probably had maybe a dozen people notice my watch.  In 7 years.  Most people don't even look at your wrist.  Of those dozen or so, only one person knew the model of the watch I was wearing.  I was wearing my 2836 Datejust 116300 41mm blue dial watch, he had the white dial version on.  His exact words were, "oh, you went with the blue dial."  This guy was exec at my company, so I just replied "I see you have the white dial."  He took it off and handed it to me, so I took mine off to hand to him ready to tell him about how it was a replica...  His watch was a 21J - I could tell by the slower beat of the second hand, with the sticker still on the back with the wrong model number, horrible dial and tiny remnants of the plastic wrap for the bracelet still stuck under the end links.

We handed the watches back and nothing more was said.  If he asked me, I was more than willing to tell him it was a replica, but my gut tells me he wouldn't know one way or the other.

Most, if not all of the other people have said "oooohh, nice watch."  I just say "Thank you" and continue whatever we were talking about.  The only watches people notice are Rolexes.  I would've been the same if I'd not joined this forum.  The only other brand of watch I've owned that got any sort of reaction was my JeanRichard Terrascope that I own, and that one is actually a gen.  Both of the people who noticed it were women and they both verbally said something to the effect of "oh, that's a cool watch."  Again, I just replied with a thank you and kept going about whatever we were discussing.

So I'm averaging about 2 compliments per year.  It may be the circle of people I associate with or work with, but no one really notices these things on our wrists.  If they do notice, I tend to just thank them and continue the conversation we were having.  Maybe it's just me, but if I change the focus of the conversation to the watch, I become materialistic and look like a douchebag because they could never afford the real article.  I have gen watches, some I've bought on my own, others I have been gifted.  I wear the watches for my own edification and if someone notices them, I say thanks.  I'm fully prepared for the "is it real?" question, and would answer unequivocally that it was a replica, but no one has ever asked that in my time as a collector.

I get thousands of compliments every day.  What are you doing wrong?

Nobody cares what watch you have on.

GingerApple
4 minutes ago, FakeQuality said:

???

The name of this forum is Replica Watch Guide Forum and I came here for guidance in buying my first replica watch. 

You are right about the status symbol part, I never denied that, but why does it matter what reason I want it for?
Personally, I don't understand why someone would buy a replica for any other reason,
my dad used to have a Steinhard and it looked just like a Rolex, so that's why I asked about why not to buy one instead of a fake... 

Sorry if i upset you lol

Lol, you're really getting on with the massive watch heads on here.

Best Rolies imo:

https://www.intime03.co/rollie/5570-submariner-116610-ln-black-ceramic-arf-1-1-best-edition-904l-ss-case-and-bracelet-sh3135.html

https://www.intime03.co/rollie/4585-sea-dweller-2017-baselworld-126600-arf-v2-1-1-best-edition-904l-ss-case-and-bracelet-a2824.html

https://www.intime03.co/rollie/4690-sea-dweller-deepsea-116660-d-blue-arf-1-1-best-edition-904l-ss-case-and-bracelet-sh3135.html

Realism
8 minutes ago, FakeQuality said:

???

Sorry if i upset you lol

Apparently reading is not your strength. It had been answered more than three times on this thread.

4 minutes ago, NCRich said:

I get thousands of compliments every day.  What are you doing wrong?

Nobody cares what watch you have on.

He forgot to do this:balls:

:D