QC patek Philippe 5711

rolexlover101

deleted

Edited by rolexlover101

Glaude

@rolexlover101 You can't post QC pics here, see the rule, please delete them

Edit : Thanks for updating the thread

rolexlover101

Sorry bro...just wanted to get a solid consensus to accept/reject the watch.  I don't want to reject something that is "normally acceptable" causing unnecessary headaches for TDs

Edited by rolexlover101

Mystery Shopper

The rule was directly above your last post but in case you missed it...

Glaude
3 minutes ago, rolexlover101 said:

Sorry bro...just wanted to get a solid consensus to accept/reject the watch.  I don't want to reject something that is "normally acceptable" causing unnecessary headaches for TDs

And that's the exact reason why QC pics are not allowed here, because that lead to unnecessary rejects as people tend to be picky about thing you might not be and QC pics are just here to confirm you get the watch your ordered with the advertised quality from most TD websites.
You can make this comparaison easily by yourself that way :) 

rolexlover101

On the contrary i did exactly that...compared with available pics of the same factory model...and was going to reject it...but I was hoping that someone would convinced me otherwise :)

Glaude
4 minutes ago, rolexlover101 said:

On the contrary i did exactly that...compared with available pics of the same factory model...and was going to reject it...but I was hoping that someone would convinced me otherwise :)

I saw them, I got the same, accepted it and I'm still happy with it, but if you don't feel at ease, and think that they are not like advertised or what you are supposed to get, its between you and your TD, at least, that's how I see QC, the quoted topic is worth reading if you are curious about the rule ;) 

rolexlover101

Well darn it Glaude.  Why didn't you said something?  I waited all day and heard nothing so I rejected it.  

I kind of knew/read that the PF has this issue going in.  I actually thought of accepting and and remove and realign that marker myself with JBweld or something when I grease it.  May be I should retract that rejection :)

but come on PF...you copied the whole watch but couldn't line up the two little bars...that just happen to stare in the face everytime we look at the watch. 

Edited by rolexlover101

Glaude

I believe you saw my in depth review of my model and especially the part where I talk about the marker alignement ;) 

It's actually tricky to do, even some gen suffer from the same defect, have a google on it, you'll be surprised !

Epoxy could also work, but you'll have to do that with extra care to not mess up the whole thing more ;) 

rolexlover101

Well I was thinking to just remove one bar, apply the epoxy and slide it into place (in relation to the other one) and let it dry...