Piloten

Anybody Use This?

Piloten

So, a Buddhist monk I know is signed up for a website called Watch Gang.

A quick look suggests it's a watch of the month club, with side chances to win this or that.

Google also came up with "Legit or scam?" results.

Thoughts?

Wriggles

Plenty of talk about it on FB watch groups. It's legit, but debatable value for money.

You get a watch a month. Mystery until it arrives. Allegedly always worth more than your subscription costs, and "guaranteed" to be 70% off retail. I guess they may use the Invicta retail model when guaging that, from what I've seen they are very obscure microbrands, probably the dross left over from shitty Kickstarter campaigns that they need to offload onto some poor unsuspecting buyers.

Could be wrong, but......

GingerApple

It seems somewhat materialistic for a Buddhist monk. You should reevaluate his commitment.

RussP
7 minutes ago, Gingerskooch said:

It seems somewhat materialistic for a Buddhist monk. You  HE should reevaluate his commitment.

Fixed it for you :D

Thang

I saw this on FB too but skeptical about it, especially when they talk about Rolex

Aren

I wouldn't even consider searching "watch" or "gang" into google.

Merely typing "watch" use to get pages of uhhem... pages of stuff to "watch".  Now that I use duckduckgo I don't know what it will turn up.

Good luck  :)

BadPickle

Does Hank know him too? 

Piloten

Hank is in for a shock, when I show him the Gold Rolex that a grateful client gave me.

Or a somewhat grateful 'Gate seller almost gave me . . .near enough to free

BenjaminButton

I’d never leave my watch wants to a lucky dip. Sod’s law, I’d end up with a series of gold, bejewelled chronographs. No, no, no.

Piloten

And so, we have an update.

Guy I know who does use them got a watch.

He paid whatever their lucky wheel spin fee was, not bleedin' much.

They generously put the full msrp on the customs slip, so customs obligingly put some massive amount of owing on the slip.

Guess I dodged *that* bullet.

Wow.

Alan32

There is a facebook page for the watch gang where they trade and sell the watches they got, I had a good look before deciding and none of the you tube reviews or any of the watches would tempt me but here is a selection 

NCRich

3 levels of Watch Gang:  original, black, and platinum.  $29, 99, 299 per month.  What you get depends on what you pay.

Its an interesting concept.  There are many thousands of people in their facebook group.  Tens of thousands.  A lively group of traders.  Sounds like fun for a certain type of person.