hanski

Gen-stein-franken-Tudor Project(s) Kickoff

hanski
10 hours ago, Jackflash said:

Not sure a gloss blue dial is correct for the year either. Thought the gloss blue dials came later to resolve the dial-rot early ones were suffering from.

Are you talking about the 2461-to-blue-dial relationship? 

Honestly, I’m okay with it if there’s a few year gap between the two. 

Jackflash
Are you talking about the 2461-to-blue-dial relationship? 
Honestly, I’m okay with it if there’s a few year gap between the two. 

No, more when the dial coating was improved. Think it was the late seventies on the 94010.

hanski
21 minutes ago, Jackflash said:

No, more when the dial coating was improved. Think it was the late seventies on the 94010.

Maybe. There are plenty of ref. 7016 for sale with a blue dial. Not that that in its self is definitive - as my dial refinisher said, people are changing them to blue all the time. 

Fratello indicates the 7016 was available in both black and blue when Tudor transitioned to snowflake dials. 

https://www.fratellowatches.com/tudor-submariner-a-historical-overview/

Springbar indicates on 7021 was available in blue. 

https://thespringbar.com/blogs/guides/the-tudor-snowflake-submariner-collectors-guide

Jackflash

Yes, they were available in blue and black. I’m talking about the surface finish. At some point in the late 70s the dial coating was improved gaining an enamel-like finish. I.e. gloss. The earlier dials would have been matt.

e373ee1b199d1046f84906872f446d76.jpg

ALEXO123

Hello, I had luck and found a original case of a 94110 in bad condition and the Eta 2784 movement on a fleamarket.  Now I am searching for the fitting hands. Perhaps someone can help and say what TC hand set in the frist post means?

Thank you 

Alex

tribefan
5 hours ago, ALEXO123 said:

Hello, I had luck and found a original case of a 94110 in bad condition and the Eta 2784 movement on a fleamarket.  Now I am searching for the fitting hands. Perhaps someone can help and say what TC hand set in the frist post means?

Thank you 

Alex

TC was a maker of mostly Rolex sub models and was considered the most accurate at the time. I don't think there is anything magical about those hands, the thing you need to be most concerned with is if the hands fit the movement, then go for the best aesthetic.

NCRich
5 hours ago, ALEXO123 said:

Thank you 

Alex

You need 1.50 x 0.90 x 0.25mm hands.