SamsonAusKognito

TAG Heuer, Heuer 01 Ceramic

SamsonAusKognito

Howdie folks, 

here I would like to give you a review of my Heuer 01 and I hope you enjoy it. 

The Carrera Heuer 01 Series with manufactured in-House calibre was the first major release of TAG Heuer with their very famous new CEO Mr. Jean Claude Biver in 2015. Since then TAG Heuer released a variation of this model every year. 

The first all Ceramic Heuer 01 was announced in late 2016. This version is available in different finishes like polished or blasted ceramic. 

I have ordered the 45mm, most stealthy version, made in 2018, with glasspearl blasted finish. 

ecL1m4F.jpg

vkgu7vw.jpg

The glossy, polished version looks very nice too, but it highlights every fingerprint and dust, that‘s why choose the blasted newer version. 

The most fascinating is the heart of the watch, the Heuer 01 calibre is an in-house manufactured movement and milestone for TAG Heuer, especially at that pricepoint.

jH6Cbny.jpg PAwz0AK.jpg

brf3ROE.jpg

The red column wheel which allows a more precise and straight Chrono function and faster reaction to the pushers is an extremely beautiful highlight and suits TAG‘s Racing DNA very well. The 360 degree rotor with dlc finish is inspired by the steering wheel of sports car. 

5iwwhni.jpg

With the skeletonized dial, they wanted to showcase the in-house movement. It is truly stunning how many details they added to the dial, all the small letterings, the different subdials and how the Rubin pops out between @10 and @11 is amazing. The first generation Heuer 01‘s had the brand logo printed on the inside of the Crystal it was changed in the same year with a Steel Badge like you can see inside my Heuer 01 @3. 

The skletonized Datewheel is a detail I absolutely adore, it reminds a lot of Hublot, but that‘s probably JC Biver‘s influence. 

AYg6xls.jpgGJfpOIh.jpgay30jLt.jpgjfzRPDk.jpg

Even if it reminds a lot about Hublot, the Case shows some Carrera characteristics too, like the Lugs for example. 

The all black and hard edged design reminds a lot of stealth bombers like this one: DWwwI4J.jpg

The sapphire crystal has a very nice 2x AR coating and slightly domed. 

The huge benefits of ceramic are most obviously the hardness that let this watch look like brand for years, decades, maybe ever. A further benefit of Ceramic is, which is very underrated, the feel! 

Ceramic feels softer and warmer than steel, while being far more resistant and anti-allergenic. All these characteristics make the bracelet and watch head feel so extremely comfortable on the wrist.GaVAUtm.jpg

The links of the ceramic bracelet build an ,,H“ shape for Heuer. 

A review wouldn‘t be a good one without some critics! 

The Lume is something you can complaint about. TAG Heuer used a high quality Lume to make it black ... black! It suits the watch perfect, but black Lume is hardly saving any light. I knew that before I bought it and it doesn’t bothered me but I don‘t understand why to use Lume anyway when you decide to make it worthless with painting it black. 

That leads me to the next critic, an all black skeleton watch is something I would not recommend to wear in very dark rooms like clubs, or outside at night you will get a headache before you know time. 

Thanks to the high polished edges on the hands (hour, minutes) you can still read it at very low light, but I am afraid that‘s a question of your age and eyes. :giggle: 

Hope you liked my review and feel a bit entertained, I‘m happy if could ad something to our community. 

I enjoy my black pearl. YAIZHZn.jpg

Piccolo

There's a lot of detail in there for the price, looks good - enjoy it! :)

SamsonAusKognito

Thank you :) 

BIG GRUNDY

Thanks for sharing...thats some detail right there.. wear proudly

BenjaminButton

If this was a replica I probably wouldn’t comment as it’s not entirely my cup of tea but I have to admire the incredible effort and ingenuity that goes into a genuine watch especially with an in-house movement and the impressive use of materials. Superb and I’m sure you're a very happy watch owner.

Ferax

I don't like black watches that much, but I must say I am really impressed with your TAG! Looks like a masterpiece of watchmaking. Wear it in good health! 

SamsonAusKognito

Thank you all for the kind words :) I highly appreciate it.