GingerApple

Gingerbubba's Collection (and approx Gen value)

GingerApple

I've recently sold of a few of my lesser worn pieces and consequently I'm at a point where the watches that are in my collection are very likely to be staying in my collection long term. I'm not even that desperate for another watch at the moment. I've got a Rolex 6542 bakelite  inbound which I've wanted for a while, I also want a Batman when a decent version comes out, but I'm actually in quite a good place in terms of satisfaction with my collection - so it got me thinking how much ££££ I'd need to turn my rep collection into Gen.

I decided to snap a couple of quick pics of the collection so I wouldn't forget what I have and to use as a reference for working out the cost of the real watch. As I'd taken the pics, I thought I'd pop them on here in case anyone cares - only crappy pics, I wasn't trying to take pretty ones.

I'm very hopeful that I don't go beyond the three watchboxes I have at the minute, 45 watches are enough for anyone and there's still enough empty slots to play with so I'm doing okay so far. Does that sound like an alcoholic claiming that his sobriety during the first week of January can hopefully become a full time thing?

Once I've worked out the Gen price, I'll update the thread.

Group Shot

LRKmT.jpg

Rolex Box

Top row - all ARFs, Daytona x3, SD43 and DSSD D-Blue

Middle row - a kilowattore build 5512, a JF no rehault Kermit (currently shark), ARF Hulk, Noob v7 Smurf and Noob v9 sub

Front row - JF grape OP, JF grey OP and ARF Explorer i

LR6Re.jpg

APs and others Box

Top row - RM 055-022 (can't remember factory), Breitling SOH2 46 (OM?), Noob PAM 127 Fiddy, Noob PAM111

Middle row - AP ROO Panda (M2M - need to dig out emails for factory), JF AP ROO Novelty, JF v9.5 AP Diver, ZF Le Petit Prince Annual Calendar, ZF Big Pilot

Front row - JF V3 AP RO grey, JF V3 AP RO blue, JF V3 RO white and JF AP Double Balance Wheel Openworked

LRV7K.jpg

Omega/Patek/Tudor Box

Top row - JH Planet Ocean 45, VSF Seamaster James Bond Spectre, VSF Planet Ocean Goodplanet GMT, Zenith V6F Pilot Type 20 40mm

Middle row - V6F Pelagos, MKv5 Nautilus blue, PF Nautilus white, PF Aquanaut

Front Row - All ZF Tudors: BB GMT, BB Harrods, BB Blue, BB Red, BB58

LRzoA.jpg

Now to price up these bad boys!

• Like 4

elp

Is this a backdoor sale (not a sale of your backdoor)?

Nice collection! How long did it take you to put it together?

Howitzer

Strong collection that @Gingerskooch, good on you. If money were no object my collection would look very similar. Given I can only currently afford/justify to the wife a max five reps (currently awaiting two back from repair and then I will also post some pics of my collection) I am mildly jealous of your hoard.

That said, I've owned most of the ones there that I like and have let them go for one reason or another. The only potential change I am currently considering making is to swap out my AP Diver for a 15400... If I'd made a decision on this sooner I might have put an offer on your black dial one....

At a guess, retail, gen value will be around £400k?

GingerApple
6 minutes ago, elp said:

Is this a backdoor sale (not a sale of your backdoor)?

My backdoor is always on sale!

6 minutes ago, elp said:

Nice collection! How long did it take you to put it together?

Cheers dude! Not as long as it should have. I bought my first watch in about October '17, the RM, so a little over a year. Oops! It's been a mad year and I certainly don't expect any future years to be like that - it will just be the odd piece here and there from now on, maybe even one in, one out. Ish.

deju

It really saddens me that my tastes in watches is so similar :( 

GingerApple
1 minute ago, Howitzer said:

If money were no object my collection would look very similar. 

Thanks mate! I was given a helping hand in that my missus was going to get me a nice Gen for my 40th - but I blew the money she gifted me on reps instead. Hence why my rate of purchasing will slow MASSIVELY now that I've blown all that cash.

4 minutes ago, Howitzer said:

At a guess, retail, gen value will be around £400k?

Glad I stuck to reps then! Gulp!

GingerApple
5 minutes ago, deju said:

It really saddens me that my tastes in watches is so similar :( 

We're made for each other buddy.

Like Eminem/Stan said:

I love you Slim, we coulda been together, think about it
You ruined it now, I hope you can't sleep and you dream about it
And when you dream I hope you can't sleep and you scream about it
I hope your conscience eats at you and you can't breathe without me

paccbet

Fuck me, didn’t know you have every variation of the same watch :D 

Thanks for sharing!

Realism
7 minutes ago, Gingerskooch said:

Thanks mate! I was given a helping hand in that my missus was going to get me a nice Gen for my 40th - but I blew the money she gifted me on reps instead. Hence why my rate of purchasing will slow MASSIVELY now that I've blown all that cash.

Glad I stuck to reps then! Gulp!

That rep collection could have netted you a gen BNIB GMT II and a used gen Speedmaster Pro too. 

Still not too late to go gen :D

Theviking

Thanks for sharing, you're a great asset to the RWG family. Surprised no you've no IWC chrono's or a cheeky gold datejust, nothing like a cocky ginger with gold wideboy Rolex.

Also, an insight into how often you wear which ones would be very interesting to hear.

Edited by Theviking

deju
17 minutes ago, Gingerskooch said:

We're made for each other buddy.

Like Eminem/Stan said:

I love you Slim, we coulda been together, think about it
You ruined it now, I hope you can't sleep and you dream about it
And when you dream I hope you can't sleep and you scream about it
I hope your conscience eats at you and you can't breathe without me

giphy.gif

Great collection mate!

Aren

Lovely collection Ginger.  :clap: 

Your back door is TMI, but you obviously have a great box.  :lol:

Congrats on a truly nice collection, thanks for sharing.

Wear them in good health.

:wub:

GingerApple
22 minutes ago, paccbet said:

Fuck me, didn’t know you have every variation of the same watch :D 

Yeah.... That's a bit of a thing......:facepalm: I am getting better - sold my black dial AP RO last week - because I literally couldn't tell the difference between that and the grey dial. So definite improvement!

GingerApple
23 minutes ago, Realism said:

That rep collection could have netted you a gen BNIB GMT II and a used gen Speedmaster Pro too. 

Still not too late to go gen :D

Tell me about it! It was a conscious decision though. I had the money sitting there and was deciding what Gen to buy. I was looking at all the various brands and realised that I'd never be able to afford a real RM so thought I'd see if I could get a rep. When that first RM rep  arrived, the quality blew me away and that was it, decision made - no Gens for me! Assuming there's no decent rep Speedy made soon, I might end up with a Gen Speedy at some point though....

Realism
3 minutes ago, Gingerskooch said:

Tell me about it! It was a conscious decision though. I had the money sitting there and was deciding what Gen to buy. I was looking at all the various brands and realised that I'd never be able to afford a real RM so thought I'd see if I could get a rep. When that first RM rep  arrived, the quality blew me away and that was it, decision made - no Gens for me! Assuming there's no decent rep Speedy made soon, I might end up with a Gen Speedy at some point though....

A used gen speedy Pro is great value. The current Venus/Seagull movement is no match for the Lemania 1861. 

I can feel in the force that you will have one soon :D

GingerApple
12 minutes ago, Theviking said:

You're a great asset to the RWG family.

Let's just all take a moment to consider this for a moment or two......

A little bit longer...................

Done. I totally agree btw.

13 minutes ago, Theviking said:

Surprised no you've no IWC chrono's

I did have a couple - that dodgy French bloke stole a Portuguese Chrono and I also sold a Pilots Chrono - in hindsight, I wish I'd tried them on different strap choices first, because they were both on leather and I'm not a huge fan of the stuff. Unless it's something to do with sex games.

16 minutes ago, Theviking said:

Nothing like a cocky ginger with gold wideboy Rolex.

Nope. I fucking hate gold.  Even the real thing looks to me like corner shop trash.

17 minutes ago, Theviking said:

Also, an insight into how often you wear which ones would be very interesting to hear.

They all get worn fairly often. I tend to wear watches with date functions for work because I find it useful, smart or sporty depending on what work I'm doing that day. I always change watches when I come home from work, whatever takes my fancy - I tend to let my clothes influence it a bit, match them to an extent. Cos I'm a baller.

13 minutes ago, Aren said:

you obviously have a great box.  :lol:

Thanks sweetcheeks ;) 

Takes one to know one!

GingerApple
3 minutes ago, Realism said:

A used gen speedy Pro is great value. The current Venus/Seagull movement is no match for the Lemania 1861. 

I can feel in the force that you will have one soon :D

The trouble is, I consider going for a cheapish one, a year or so old or whatever, but then I start looking a birth year versions and fall in love with those vintage models -but you need da big bucks for that. So I don't know, I'm still internally debating that one.

Aren
23 minutes ago, Gingerskooch said:

Let's just all take a moment to consider this for a moment or two......

A little bit longer...................

Done. I totally agree btw.

Thanks sweetcheeks ;) 

Takes one to know one!

:lmao:

I agree too, Ginger is truly an asset.

Ginger, killin' it with great watches and comedy relief.

:)

CollieWobbles

Great collection GB, not jealous at all :D

BabaNJ

Wow nice collection. I have been a one watch man for past year and half myself. Kudos to you for having many versions of the same watches and being able to switch them. 

hasel5

That is some collection must do mine and list the watches

Glaude
1 hour ago, Gingerskooch said:

Does that sound like an alcoholic claiming that his sobriety during the first week of January can hopefully become a full time thing?

Yes.

55 minutes ago, Gingerskooch said:

that dodgy French bloke stole a Portuguese Chrono

And you'll never get it back !

Nice collection even though some of those pieces are destined to be mine, the Zenith and the AP openwork namely, that will make some room in your watchbox

Realism
1 hour ago, Gingerskooch said:

The trouble is, I consider going for a cheapish one, a year or so old or whatever, but then I start looking a birth year versions and fall in love with those vintage models -but you need da big bucks for that. So I don't know, I'm still internally debating that one.

If going for the vintage. Wait for the 321 movt relaunch. Prices of the 861s will fall through the roof!!

It's the hunt that makes it enjoyable. For myself, I got a 1957 reissue from @houndoggie back in 2014. A reasonably cost used gen Speedy.

Tits McGee

My backdoor is always on sale!

Because you can always show movies on that thing too!

• Like 1

BenjaminButton
I'm very hopeful that I don't go beyond the three watchboxes I have at the minute, 45 watches are enough for anyone and there's still enough empty slots to play with so I'm doing okay so far. Does that sound like an alcoholic claiming that his sobriety during the first week of January can hopefully become a full time thing?

Ginger lip service to the concept of recovery from this addiction. There's a saying that one is too many and a thousand is never enough. And funnily enough I was pondering the usual addict stuff of reducing my 30 plus (could be 40 plus if I dug deep into the recesses) as I strolled up to the bathing pond this morning! Was imagining going down to 5. Then I thought 7, one a day. Then I got home and had lunch and thought that's a nice Pelagos in your box and a line up of Black Bays does look rather handsome. So its resulted in a right royal fuck it and congratulations to you on the jewellery collection, I like it, and fill 'em up ffs. After all, you ain’t got to a thousand yet. :blah: