BenjaminButton

Seiko Baby Monster

BenjaminButton

Back in stock and prompted by @cpv3 recent shopping mania I've just ordered a Seiko Baby Monster from Creation Watches for the decent price of £114 all in.

A watch I've always quite liked. Not sure it's entirely my style but you just don't know until you've tried it.

SRP481K1

64845ae54b81ab8e772edf3bcab28818.jpg

They've also got the SRP483K1 back in stock. I'm tempted.

619296d3616759d130d3a8da9e6b0a52.jpg

BIG GRUNDY
6 minutes ago, BenjaminButton said:

'A watch I've always quite liked. Not sure it's entirely my style but you just don't know until you've tried it.'

My thoughts exactly... Everyone seems to love this watch, for me, its just a little off...Just not my style. 

Button- I guessed you summed that up nicely, I just might be tempted to look further..

Realism

All I know is... Singapore is Seiko heaven hehe.

Love these monsters. I had the old LTD ED. SRP 455. Still loving it. His twin brother is with @Mazz the Seiko-mod.

Had the larger Tuna Can SRP 453, but decided to give it to @jeffw69. Wonder if he still has it...

Mazz
21 minutes ago, Realism said:

All I know is... Singapore is Seiko heaven hehe.

Love these monsters. I had the old LTD ED. SRP 455. Still loving it. His twin brother is with @Mazz the Seiko-mod.

Had the larger Tuna Can SRP 453, but decided to give it to @jeffw69. Wonder if he still has it...

Still have it. Also have the “Dracula Momster”

@trailboss99 has a night monster 

they’re a great watch

Realism
15 minutes ago, Mazz said:

they’re a great watch

Yes they are. Workhorse like too.

Keeping time well as these years.

Cheers @Mazz

NCRich

Got it last week.

DRB2kPK.jpg

CollieWobbles
56 minutes ago, BenjaminButton said:

Back in stock and prompted by @cpv3 recent shopping mania I've just ordered a Seiko Baby Monster from Creation Watches for the decent price of £114 all in.

A watch I've always quite liked. Not sure it's entirely my style but you just don't know until you've tried it.

SRP481K1

64845ae54b81ab8e772edf3bcab28818.jpg

They've also got the SRP483K1 back in stock. I'm tempted.

619296d3616759d130d3a8da9e6b0a52.jpg

Been looking at the 483 as well, also been looking for the original monster 2nd or 3rd generation but they're hard to find or big money. There's one on amazon for over a grand!!!

BenjaminButton
Got it last week.
DRB2kPK.jpg

What's not to like?

Not Quite Dead

The Dracula Monster is one on the list that I cannot pay the silly eBay prices for but I will get one day. Whilst it is similar to the night and orange generation 2 monsters which I have there is just something that makes me dribble. Or that may just be age. Wish they would not put the 5 badge on the mini monsters - own several 5s and they are excellent v alue and a good basis for my 55 fathoms homage but should not be on a monster.

So if anyone is looking to move a Dracula on then ....

BenjaminButton

Baby Monster on its way via DHL after a payment of £34. The actual duty to HMRC according to an online calculator (no knowledge as to the accuracy of these) calculated  £22 duty giving our DHL friends an additional £12. 

Prick my conscience and I'd say too fucking right about the £22. Tax avoidance on imported goods largely through the usual online suspects cost the UK about $1.9 billion. That's a decent amount for the UK coffers never mind the impact on UK traders to compete on price.  Confused and hypocrytical - absolutely. 

And I'm switching from Virgin Media to Plusnet and so far the OpenReach engineers have been out 3 times and failed to complete the work. Ladders weren't long enough today.  So it's a fucking miracle I'm not effing and jeffing - mindful meditation is clealry keeping me really fucking relaxed! Really fucking relaxed. Cunts.

k3rm87

Funny - I just snapped a similar model up on fleBay!

I believe it's the SRP601, but funnily enough it came on the full Seiko bracelet.. whereas online I can't find it anywhere other than on a rubber strap! 

Got it for a bargain at $115aud all in. I had the Gen 1 monster 8 years ago and stupidly sold it, with this I didn't know what to expect being a non screw down crown. 

Now I have the watch all I can say is that I am impressed! it's very substantial and wears really well! the 4r36 movement is a real step up from the old monsters even if the crown doesn't screw down. 

Good pickup mate!

trailboss99
On 24/01/2019 at 00:51, Mazz said:

they’re a great watch

That they are!

Raddave

i have a white baby monster (with a home made lume pearl)

Image result for seiko monster raddave

a regular black monster 

and a Frankenmonster 

BenjaminButton

Nice pearl@raddave and the black is good. I like black.

Sent by satellites.

BenjaminButton

So it arrived a little later than the usual super fast Creation service and a tad more expensive.

I’m happy with the watch. I really like the dial with all it chunky raised markers on the dial and on the chapter ring and dept/ thickness of the logo. The hands also fit in to the bold look of this Baby Monster. Don't even mind the '5' which flags it up as a budget Seiko automatic. Fuck it I’m not trying to kid anyone. The bezel looks sharp and well finished. Dial and bezel, design and finish are my favourite parts of this watch. The case is ok but in my opinion that’s where it and many watches start to drift. Both on design, it's a bit clunky, and on finish. On my specimen the horns, which go from polished to brushed at the intersection with the bezel, well at the intersection it looks like the finisher had a consistent wobble. Only the right light really shows it up but it’s definitely there and is noticeable. Bracelet - well I don’t mind it. It’s a mix of brushed and polished - something I generally dislike, but it's ok. It squeaks a little between the links - easily fixed. The clasp is an attempt at a step up for pressed folded steel but they always feel cheap and again makes a cheap sound - this time like loose change jangling in your pocket. Gosh I sound like a negative, half glass empty depressive! But I really like the watch and all those slight digs at quality were as I exactly expected. I knew what I was buying so no surprises (apart from the slight wobble on the brushed finish). It’s a great watch for the money.

238fdf5d6d593c942aa73ef579208fe9.jpg

b8b4145ae6e2f2adad7682f0670f9d18.jpg

7f7eb83a6862af0cd0bc585729d52964.jpg

13e11095b151118ad52d6bdf9cbaa849.jpg