Robert11

Stiff rotor on 2813

Robert11

Pretty common issue on the 2813 I hear. I have one where the rotor can’t keep up and the watch loses complete charge by the third day. Took the back off and the rotor spins freely in one direction but pretty stiff in the winding direction. Double checked and it does wind when turned, just pretty stiff. My first instinct was to put a drop of möbius oil on the rotor bearings, but searching around here I found one comment that putting oil on it can make it worse. Does that make sense? If so what’s the correct fix?

Sent from my satellite phone.

NCRich

Having taken them apart many times I can't see how a drop of oil would make any negative effect.  2813 movements come from many factories and the quality varies a lot.

Glaude
11 minutes ago, Robert11 said:

I found one comment that putting oil on it can make it worse

Maybe there were referring to the rotor making more noise because spinning even faster in the non-winding direction, it usually what people are after when you search for "oiling the rotor".

I have a similar issue with one of my 2813, the rotor is engraved and not stock, probably a tad too light to properly wind the mainspring in its current state of cleaning, like Rich said, a drop of oil won't hurt, just don't put too much :D 

FoxWilde

Hell you might as well get a new 2813. 

Edited by FoxWilde

Luxuracer

I oil all my 21J movement rotors ... Just do not OVER oil them ... 1/2 of a tiny oiler drop, that is all they need.

NCRich
17 minutes ago, FoxWilde said:

Hell you might as well get a new 2813. 

Runs 3 days.................

Think about that..............

I never, ever, wear a watch more than a day.  Sometimes less than 4 hours................new movement?

• Like 1

FoxWilde

Didn’t read that LOL@NCRich
In that case that’s a well running movement. Splash it with some 9010 and you’re good to go.
I just got the DJF sub today with the DJF 3135 clone movement. Just to see how it is. It definitely could use an oiling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by FoxWilde

Robert11
Runs 3 days.................
Think about that..............
I never, ever, wear a watch more than a day.  Sometimes less than 4 hours................new movement?

I hear ya. Sometimes I’ll even change out in the middle of the day. Or after changing out one day may go back to the previous watch so it nice if it still running. Yeah new watch. The new ones tend to get the most consecutive days wear, lol.

Sent from my satellite phone.

Rx4Time

Yep, I am guilty of this also.  Sometimes I'll change watches 3-4 times in a day.  

danicica

Some 2813 come with a rotor that is not heavy enough. I had a couple movements like that and all I had to do was change the rotor.

tribefan

Speaking from experience, unless you are into collecting broken watch parts, I say wind it and forget about it.