Jinnyjamjar

Replicahaus.au - what's the deal?

Jinnyjamjar

Hi - I've received an order confirmation for a watch from this company three days ago, but no payment has been made from my MasterCard as yet.

I've had payment declined from a couple of other companies, possibly due to my high security, but I'm wondering if Chinese New Year is causing delays in me getting a reply as to whether I'm going to get sent my watch or not (I'm trying to be charitable!)

Has anyone else had experience with them and if so, am I likely to be watchless?  I kinda hope so, as I've got my eye on another one from one of the TDs now....

NCRich

You have been screwed.  You bought from a non trusted dealer. Hope you get something resembling a watch.

Robtherib

Only buy from the TD list on this forum. There are many who promise a good deal which in fact will be utter rubbish and they'll take your money and if you're lucky get something that resembles a watch. Good luck for your future watch buying.

deju

Tend to check out the legitimacy etc of a person I’m dealing with before I do the deal. 

BadPickle
36 minutes ago, Jinnyjamjar said:

Hi - I've received an order confirmation for a watch from this company three days ago, but no payment has been made from my MasterCard as yet.

I've had payment declined from a couple of other companies, possibly due to my high security, but I'm wondering if Chinese New Year is causing delays in me getting a reply as to whether I'm going to get sent my watch or not (I'm trying to be charitable!)

Has anyone else had experience with them and if so, am I likely to be watchless?  I kinda hope so, as I've got my eye on another one from one of the TDs now....

If no payment has been taken then just walk away from the deal. 

Use the  cny break  to familiarise yourself with the forum and how it work, check out a few reviews of the dealers so you can contact one/many when they return after their holidays. 

Welcome to the forum pal :D 

Jinnyjamjar

Thanks! I'll keep  an eye on my credit card statements over the next month, and then launch myself on the Santos I've seen on The One....

BadApple

We get a few people on here that have been or will get screwed by less than scrupulous dealers. 

Put it down to experience and don't be put off BUT do buy from our extensive range of Trusted Dealers. 

PS - just had a look on one of their many location based domains - JEEEEEEZ you could not have picked a worse one. It's crying out SCAM 

paccbet

Better call your bank and reverse that transaction if it shows up

Jinnyjamjar

Well; I've had a very nice email from them, apologizing for delays due to CNY, and asking me if I still want to go ahead with the order.  If I do, I shall get a little gift along with my watch.

So - I shall give them the benefit of the doubt, and see what happens (because I'm nice like that...)

My breath is not being held....

BadApple

I suggest you back out - STRONGLY SUGGEST 

BenjaminButton

No it's a scam. You’ll either get sweet FA or some piece if 5th rate shit and if they do send a gift that will probably be worth more than the watch you get and that will also be worthless. The only way to guarantee getting what you paid for is by buying through the TD’s here. It's the very reason this place exists. Do not proceed with the purchase. Honestly your getting a very smooth ride regards responses on this subject. Coming back after being told its a scam and wondering if it's still worth pursuing would normally end in some very, very blunt feedback.

Jinnyjamjar

Ok: wise words have been heeded.  I'm onto the bank tomorrow.

Thanks guys; I'm always inclined to think the best of people, but I will listen to those who are more knowledgeable.

Jinnyjamjar

I'm not going ahead with this; I've told them to cancel my order, and my card has a temporary block until I'm sure they won't charge it.  Thanks for the advice.

BenjaminButton

BadApple

phew !!!!!

Jinnyjamjar
59 minutes ago, BADAPPLE said:

phew !!!!!

Well it is, isn't it?  And now I've got to buy another bloody watch storage box because of you lot...... good thing there's a small space under the cats bed for my potential stash.....

BadApple

BUT - the watch you get will be as proper as it can be for the money one of out TD's will charge you for it. 

It will be as described and be half the price the scam site was charging you. To add a $25 storage box is small potatoes to the opening up of a bag full of shite. 

Been there - seen that - got the T Shirt ma'am. 

Jinnyjamjar
1 hour ago, BADAPPLE said:

BUT - the watch you get will be as proper as it can be for the money one of out TD's will charge you for it. 

It will be as described and be half the price the scam site was charging you. To add a $25 storage box is small potatoes to the opening up of a bag full of shite. 

Been there - seen that - got the T Shirt ma'am. 

And the job, as they say, is a good'un!