Luxuracer

New Release: MB&F Legacy Machine Split Escapement - by CY Factory

fatarms
On 03/02/2019 at 11:29, Glaude said:

I suppose, but it may even be higher ! 

With that seconds flaw, it shouldn't be any higher than $250, unless they fix that.  I wouldn't spend $800 on even it if the seconds problem was fixed.  That's lunacy.  If the seconds problem was fixed, I could see it selling at about $500, but looks like this watch is a bust since the V1 probably won't sell.  Dumb move by the factories.  Shame.

CollieWobbles

Great write up @Luxuracer, very interesting piece.

Golfer130i

As a newbie here maybe I’m missing something and would be happy to be pointed in the right direction. As far as I can see that subdial a 4 shouldn’t even be a running seconds but should be a power reserve. Surely with such a glaring difference to the genuine watch it’s worth little more than a cheapo “fake”. In my opinion It would be better to have a non working, fixed, power reserve indicator. Surely that would at least be more authentic looking. 

Awaits incoming .................

GingerApple
13 minutes ago, Golfer130i said:

As a newbie here maybe I’m missing something and would be happy to be pointed in the right direction. As far as I can see that subdial a 4 shouldn’t even be a running seconds but should be a power reserve. Surely with such a glaring difference to the genuine watch it’s worth little more than a cheapo “fake”. In my opinion It would be better to have a non working, fixed, power reserve indicator. Surely that would at least be more authentic looking. 

Awaits incoming .................

You're bang on. The Gen doesn't display seconds; just hour, minute, date and power reserve.

Lux, bless him, is the King of Fake News just like Trump. If you say it loud enough and make it look pretty, no one notices that you're talking utter horse shit. At least, that's what he hopes.

:thumbsup:

Edited by GingerBlows4Speedos

Genius

It's insanely clever that they managed to find a movement similar enough that they could repurpose it, speedys and tonas with wrong or non working subdials sell like hotcakes and you can easily bump into 2 or 3 peiople a day wearing a gen of those but this you will literally never ever see a gen in the wild and the rep is a really close approximation

Golfer130i

I agree with the rarity Genius but I think a better job would have been to have a non working power reserve rather than a working seconds hand that shouldn’t even be there. I would have thought it was easy enough to remove the drive for the seconds hand. 

Piloten

So, what am I missing. It looks completely different at the back view? No?

Glaude
11 hours ago, fatarms said:

With that seconds flaw, it shouldn't be any higher than $250, unless they fix that.  I wouldn't spend $800 on even it if the seconds problem was fixed.  That's lunacy.  If the seconds problem was fixed, I could see it selling at about $500, but looks like this watch is a bust since the V1 probably won't sell.  Dumb move by the factories.  Shame.

Totaly agree with you, but I think this watch was made because they already had buyers in line, it will be a very limited run according to some informed sources

BrianSo

I would like one. What's the price? How can I order?

Thanks

Edited by BrianSo

Glaude
12 minutes ago, BrianSo said:

I would like one. What's the price? How can I order?

Thanks

Not available yet, no price yet ;) 

Piloten

Huh. I guess not . . .

Thang

Excellent report, Lux. 

I would love to know the price on the rep because it would be nice addition to the collection.  I would go with the rose if it is in the affordable range :-)

Luxuracer
2 hours ago, Thang said:

Excellent report, Lux. 

I would love to know the price on the rep because it would be nice addition to the collection.  I would go with the rose if it is in the affordable range :-)

I do not have any solid yet .

Just saw couple of scam sites, using gen picture in their listings. Prices are also all over the places, from $250 to $800.

Will check with a few TDs after the CNY.

Luxuracer

One more video of the rep;

Luxuracer

OK .... Boys and Girls!

They are HERE .... Contact your favorite TD and get yourself one (or two).

Reasonably priced at $378

Size:    43mm x 15.5mm
Movement:    Asian Shanghai 23J automatic movement decorate to the Gen watch movement,21600 vph
Functions:   Hours, minutes, seconds and date display
Case:    Solid 316L stainless steel case
Crystal:     Scratch-proof sapphire crystal with AR coating
Dial:   Yellow Gold . Rose Gold, Blue, and Gray
Bezel   Stainless steel bezel
Strap   Black Leather strap
Clasp   Deployant clasp

mbf-legacy-machine-split-escapement-cyf-

GingerApple

And the fact that Gen doesn't have a seconds hand doesn't bother you at all @Luxuracer!!?!

Luxuracer
16 minutes ago, GingerBubba said:

And the fact that Gen doesn't have a seconds hand doesn't bother you at all @Luxuracer!!?!

The fact is .... NOBODY I ever met or will be meeting in my life will know any difference ... @GingerBubba

There are only 72 gen watches in the whole world (18 each color). 

As for the 30spr hand ... when people ask I will say it's a 'turbo charged time machine' :rofl:

GingerApple
37 minutes ago, Luxuracer said:

The fact is .... NOBODY I ever met or will be meeting in my life will know any difference ... @GingerBubba

There are only 72 gen watches in the whole world (18 each color). 

As for the 30spr hand ... when people ask I will say it's a 'turbo charged time machine' :rofl:

But YOU'LL know ;)

Only kidding, that's the spirit! Get your order in!!!

semperfi55

Which colour are you going for @Luxuracer?

Grey is safe and boring

But the others are pretty garish... :coke:

Luxuracer
21 minutes ago, semperfi55 said:

Which colour are you going for @Luxuracer?

Grey is safe and boring

But the others are pretty garish... :coke:

I am trying to decide .... between yellow gold and blue ;) 

Redemskis

Beautiful! 

Piloten

Ok, I've asked this a couple of different ways. And, frankly, been treated like the retarded cousin that needs his bus pass pinned to his jacket.

In what way is it a rep when the view through the transparent caseback is completely different?

Luxuracer
1 hour ago, Piloten said:

Ok, I've asked this a couple of different ways. And, frankly, been treated like the retarded cousin that needs his bus pass pinned to his jacket.

In what way is it a rep when the view through the transparent caseback is completely different?

:lmao:

I think it would be consider a rep .... since it has MB&F logo on the dial.

Not too many people even heard of MB&F, not talking about knowing what a gen Split Escapement looks like.

Glaude

Piloten makes a very good point without slacking out the rep (even though I'm pretty sure he hates it ! :lol: )

I don't see this as a rep ! Too many things are different, between the 30 sec running second ( :facepalm: ) and the completely different caseback, the automatic movement.

I like this rep, I think it's a good-looking watch (for my tastes) but I don't see it as a rep of the gen MB&F.

And MB&F being an enthusiast only brand, I don't think this is an issue, if you like the style, buy it, especially since the price is far from what was hinted

fatarms

I still stand by my $250 max for that seconds issue, that just looks terrible in the vid.   That being said, no one is gonna know the movement issue, especially when on the wrist.  I found a bus pass with my name on it, anyone have a safety pin?