Jump to content
Luxuracer

New Release: MB&F Legacy Machine Split Escapement - by CY Factory

Recommended Posts

fatarms
On 03/02/2019 at 11:29, Glaude said:

I suppose, but it may even be higher ! 

With that seconds flaw, it shouldn't be any higher than $250, unless they fix that.  I wouldn't spend $800 on even it if the seconds problem was fixed.  That's lunacy.  If the seconds problem was fixed, I could see it selling at about $500, but looks like this watch is a bust since the V1 probably won't sell.  Dumb move by the factories.  Shame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Golfer130i

As a newbie here maybe I’m missing something and would be happy to be pointed in the right direction. As far as I can see that subdial a 4 shouldn’t even be a running seconds but should be a power reserve. Surely with such a glaring difference to the genuine watch it’s worth little more than a cheapo “fake”. In my opinion It would be better to have a non working, fixed, power reserve indicator. Surely that would at least be more authentic looking. 

Awaits incoming .................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GingerBubba
13 minutes ago, Golfer130i said:

As a newbie here maybe I’m missing something and would be happy to be pointed in the right direction. As far as I can see that subdial a 4 shouldn’t even be a running seconds but should be a power reserve. Surely with such a glaring difference to the genuine watch it’s worth little more than a cheapo “fake”. In my opinion It would be better to have a non working, fixed, power reserve indicator. Surely that would at least be more authentic looking. 

Awaits incoming .................

You're bang on. The Gen doesn't display seconds; just hour, minute, date and power reserve.

Lux, bless him, is the King of Fake News just like Trump. If you say it loud enough and make it look pretty, no one notices that you're talking utter horse shit. At least, that's what he hopes.

:thumbsup:

Edited by GingerBlows4Speedos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Genius

It's insanely clever that they managed to find a movement similar enough that they could repurpose it, speedys and tonas with wrong or non working subdials sell like hotcakes and you can easily bump into 2 or 3 peiople a day wearing a gen of those but this you will literally never ever see a gen in the wild and the rep is a really close approximation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Golfer130i

I agree with the rarity Genius but I think a better job would have been to have a non working power reserve rather than a working seconds hand that shouldn’t even be there. I would have thought it was easy enough to remove the drive for the seconds hand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piloten

So, what am I missing. It looks completely different at the back view? No?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Glaude
11 hours ago, fatarms said:

With that seconds flaw, it shouldn't be any higher than $250, unless they fix that.  I wouldn't spend $800 on even it if the seconds problem was fixed.  That's lunacy.  If the seconds problem was fixed, I could see it selling at about $500, but looks like this watch is a bust since the V1 probably won't sell.  Dumb move by the factories.  Shame.

Totaly agree with you, but I think this watch was made because they already had buyers in line, it will be a very limited run according to some informed sources

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BrianSo

I would like one. What's the price? How can I order?

Thanks

Edited by BrianSo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Glaude
12 minutes ago, BrianSo said:

I would like one. What's the price? How can I order?

Thanks

Not available yet, no price yet ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piloten

Huh. I guess not . . .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thang

Excellent report, Lux. 

I would love to know the price on the rep because it would be nice addition to the collection.  I would go with the rose if it is in the affordable range :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luxuracer
2 hours ago, Thang said:

Excellent report, Lux. 

I would love to know the price on the rep because it would be nice addition to the collection.  I would go with the rose if it is in the affordable range :-)

I do not have any solid yet .

Just saw couple of scam sites, using gen picture in their listings. Prices are also all over the places, from $250 to $800.

Will check with a few TDs after the CNY.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luxuracer

One more video of the rep;

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×