JackassNoob

Trusted dealers shipping from inside conus?

JackassNoob

My state catches allot of reps imported from outside the country. Would rather not risk it.

Do we have any credible options of trusted dealers inside the states?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newrepfan86

i am looking for the same, i am new to this site and amazed at how much info there is and am trying to keep my mouth closed and eyes open and read and learn as much as possible. i would prefer to order from someone in the US as i am in NJ myself and would love to find someone like BK that sells and mods but he is not responding to my PM or emails. please advice and thanks for the help.

HWG

No US based dealers.  Risk is too high.  Sorry.  I live in PA... back in my rep-crazy days I got packages from China all the time. DHL was great to work with... ask your TD about DHL as a shipping option.  

JackassNoob

Thanks, will do that

HWG

Forgot to mention, DHL will cost more than EMS, but, it will also arrive much faster.  

JackassNoob

Do we have a member sales forum I can shop from on this site to buy from people in the states?

Glaude
31 minutes ago, Squeak said:

Do we have a member sales forum I can shop from on this site to buy from people in the states?

Yes we have, you'll need a couple of nice posts in here and you'll be able to see it ;) 

JackassNoob

Roger that, thanks!

Glaude
2 minutes ago, Squeak said:

Roger that, thanks!

Once you get access, be sure to check the rules & advice on how to do business in M2M (Member to member), it will prevent you a lot of headaches :) 

Aren

Find someone you trust at a different port of entry to accept delivery for you and reship to you.   e.g. Miami is a tough POE if you are in the states.  NYC is easier.

Your problem isn't your state Squeak .  Your problem is customs.

More and more goods are coming into the US now, directly from China so it is slowing delivery times on anything.

If you have a trusted friend who can reship to you, so you have an easier POE that would likely be the solution.

This also applies to people in Germany who have incoming parcels from Asia heavily scrutinized  and interdicted.  They can get parcels easier and more reliably  from other EU countries, so a friend in another EU country can act as a reshipper.

As HWG said, upgrade your shipping for less risk.

As Gaude said the M2M threads here are also a solution, so build up your post count, upgrade to VIP (well worth it) and check it out.  :)

Good luck in this hobby!  :)  and

Welcome to the Nuthouse!  :lol: 

JackassNoob

Great advice, customs in Texas is tough.

Newrepfan86

GLAUD once i get my posts up how do i go about knowing whois in the stes to buy from

HWG
4 minutes ago, Newrepfan86 said:

GLAUD once i get my posts up how do i go about knowing whois in the stes to buy from

This forum has a M2M sales section.. get a few more posts under your belt.  Then you will be able to find that sub-forum, and view watches that members are selling.  Some are in the US already.  There is also a feedback section, so you can search the seller and see what other members have to say about that seller.  

Sergio

I ordered my first Rep about 14 days ago. My TD has been great and shipped my order on the 20th of January just before CNY...... FEDEX last night gave me a delivery date of next Tuesday..... I am soooooo syked !!!!! Truthfully , since i joined this site, I havent worried at all about dealing with someone from the other side of the world .......

Newrepfan86
12 minutes ago, HWG said:

This forum has a M2M sales section.. get a few more posts under your belt.  Then you will be able to find that sub-forum, and view watches that members are selling.  Some are in the US already.  There is also a feedback section, so you can search the seller and see what other members have to say about that seller.  

thank you

bdnica
1 hour ago, HWG said:

No US based dealers.  Risk is too high.  Sorry.  I live in PA... back in my rep-crazy days I got packages from China all the time. DHL was great to work with... ask your TD about DHL as a shipping option.  

DHL is hands down the best international courier... over FedEX, UPS, EMS, etc.   In Central America it's a MUCH bigger hassle than clearing Customs in the US or Europe.  Not because they give a rat's ass about rep watches... they care about whether instead of the 15% duty assessed on watches you'll not fuss when they tag you for 30%... and whether you'll pay a 15% value add tax that's not applicable but they'll assess and attempt to collect it anyway.   But DHL will act as your customs agent for incoming shipments (for a modest annual fee) once you set up an import account with them.    

(If there are any DHL executives on this forum, feel free to forward a promotional credit...!)

Xpletiv

It's been awhile, no more Wacko?

Luxuracer

Texas do NOT have a International Service Center (ISC), which all international packages go though Customs.

There are 5 ISCs for the lower 48 States. ISC New York. ISC Miami, ISC Chicago, ISC San Francisco, ISC Los Angeles. All Texas International packages go though ISC Chicago. 

FoxWilde
6 hours ago, Squeak said:

Great advice, customs in Texas is tough.

No thing as Texas customs. But USPS can be a real pain in the ass sometimes. 

Edited by FoxWilde

j6white2

Hello All

Member here since 2015

I’ve never really posted. I’ve browsed the TD page multiple times over the years and settled with Joshua at PC for some reason. 

I had a good experience with him Omega and Rolex. I even sent him back my omega to fix. 

Find myself here today looking to  get something before the holidays and his website is no longer up.  It went from pf818 years ago to 828 to something else. Long story short today I stumbled upon this M2M option.   Figured I’d log back into my account and reach out to any of you. 

Thanks in advance for the help!

GingerApple
16 minutes ago, j6white2 said:

Hello All

Member here since 2015

I’ve never really posted. I’ve browsed the TD page multiple times over the years and settled with Joshua at PC for some reason. 

I had a good experience with him Omega and Rolex. I even sent him back my omega to fix. 

Find myself here today looking to  get something before the holidays and his website is no longer up.  It went from pf818 years ago to 828 to something else. Long story short today I stumbled upon this M2M option.   Figured I’d log back into my account and reach out to any of you. 

Thanks in advance for the help!

He's still there. Look on the Trusted Dealers tab for latest webpage info. Josh is on https://www.pf-868.com

j6white2

Thanks!

Ill give him a shout.  His email must be different now as well. 

As far as M2M I know I see content and interaction requirements before viewing.  Will I get a notification?  It feels like I’m on here often however I rarely interact until now. 

It would be useful to have a M2M option one day. 

Thanks again 

GingerApple
7 minutes ago, j6white2 said:

Thanks!

Ill give him a shout.  His email must be different now as well. 

As far as M2M I know I see content and interaction requirements before viewing.  Will I get a notification?  It feels like I’m on here often however I rarely interact until now. 

It would be useful to have a M2M option one day. 

Thanks again 

Contribute a bit, 5 (non thread crap posts) and M2M will magically appear.

NFleischer

BK ships from CONUS. Sells mostly modded Rolex