Sign in to follow this  
imranbecks

Jorg Gray JG6500 Commemorative Edition

imranbecks

I've just purchased this Jorg Gray watch online... >>> http://www.jorggray.com/jg6500.html I look forward to receiving it!

I don't know much about Jorg Gray, they are relatively rising in the market thanks to the watch that Prez Obama wears.. From their website, I must say, their watch collection looks impressive.. They all look very classy yet modernized... The model JG6500 really strucked me as a nice looking classic gentleman's watch but with a modern touch to it.. Not only is Obama wearing it (which I must say looks really good on him), but it looks really good even on its own, that I thought I should get it as well, and so I did.. And after seeing various videos of the watch at YouTube, I have to say, its an impressive piece... Can't wait to receive it!

histog

seiko.jpg

Thats a Seiko silly billy :P

Luthier
I've just purchased this Jorg Gray watch online... >>> http://www.jorggray.com/jg6500.html I look forward to receiving it!

Yeah... but it's Quartz...

greg_r

I like the bronze version. Nice looking watch...

imranbecks
seiko.jpg

Thats a Seiko silly billy :)

Thats my signature silly billy, of my Seiko..haha.. It comes with every post I submit.... And I know its a Seiko...lol.. Its not even related to the post I did in regards to purchasing the Obama Jorg Gray..hahaha.. No photos of the Jorg Gray yet since I haven't received it..

Yeah... but it's Quartz...

Yeah, its Quartz, doesn't matter.. Not to particular abt that as I was before.. The recent Nautica that I got is also quartz..

Edited by imranbecks

hoops

Here's an article that provides some background.

But the watch came from the Secret Service gift shop, a present from his security detail on his 46th birthday in August 2007.

It turned out the woman who ran the gift shop for Secret Service employees had ordered 50 “Jorg Gray†watches printed with the service’s logo from Logomark, a company making corporate watches for corporations: the free watches handed out after touring a company headquarters. Watch connoisseurs were not impressed.

“It’s a perfectly fine watch, it’s just not that exciting,†says James Gurney, editor of QP, a London-based watch magazine. “It’s a standard, middle-of-the-road watch, the kind of thing that a democratically nuanced leader of the free world needs.â€

pback

I'll revive the dead thread :)

I bought the 6500 in black/black about a year ago for about $250. It is more precise (especially the chronograph) than my Michele that retailed for 4x that. It's not a fancy watch, and it's not something that is going to draw a lot of envious looks or compliments. But it is a very solid, good quality watch for the money.

My $.02

Logan