Sign in to follow this  
tonybrown

tonybrown

Hello everyone.

I am new to this forum, and want to purchase my first rep, ie OMEGA SEAMASTER PLANET OCEAN SAPPHIRE, from a trusted dealer. However, the model I want has orange numbers at 12, 3, 6 and 9. Has anyone purchased one of these from a dealer, and can recommend a dealer to supply a reliable rep of this model. I have tried emailing a couple of them, but as yet, they have not responded. Also, has anyone experienced any difficulties getting a rep through French customs? Thanks.

Regards

Tony Brown

greg_r

Welcome to RWG!

French customs can be a little difficult on occasion, I believe. We have quite a few French members, so they're probably the best source of advice, but it might be worth either buying from someone like Narikaa, who is based in the UK, or from one of the dealers who can transship via the UK (PrestigeWatchCo, Replicamake) as that will circumvent any potential customs issues.

As for the PO, most of our dealers should be able to supply. It can sometimes take a day or two for them to reply to enquiries, however. Patience is often needed in this hobby :)

tonybrown

Hi thanks for your reply and the information.

I did email some of the dealers about 7 days ago, but I guess they must be very busy. I will try and be more patient, but you know what it's like - you decide you want something and you have to have it pronto! Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

Regards

Tony Brown

powderfreak

Hello and welcome!

Whatever you do, don't buy too fast, your bank account won't survive the watch-attack anyways :)

tonybrown

Thanks for your advice.

I have noticed there is a big difference in prices of some models that appear to be exactly the same. Even the trusted dealers prices show some big differences. I just want to buy from a genuine source that suppliers a reliable working rep, and who will offer good support if required. I will try and be patient as you advised. Thanks again.

Regards

Tony Brown

KBH

The biggest difference in price has to do with the movement you choose. Asian 21j are the cheapest, followed by ETA clone, and then Swiss ETA movement.

Also, the PO comes in two sizes. 42 mm and 45 mm. Currently the most accurate version of the 45 mm is called the UPO (ultimate PO) and the best version of the 42 mm is known as the version 5.

The best of the cheaper models is one that Narikaa sells which has picked up the nickname POrikaa and Reg (Narikaa) is top notch for excellent customer service.

cajarana

Welcome aboard mate.

Nisv

Hi Tony, welcome :)

tonybrown
The biggest difference in price has to do with the movement you choose. Asian 21j are the cheapest, followed by ETA clone, and then Swiss ETA movement.

Also, the PO comes in two sizes. 42 mm and 45 mm. Currently the most accurate version of the 45 mm is called the UPO (ultimate PO) and the best version of the 42 mm is known as the version 5.

The best of the cheaper models is one that Narikaa sells which has picked up the nickname POrikaa and Reg (Narikaa) is top notch for excellent customer service.

Ok thanks for your advice. I will contact the two dealers you highlighted - I presume they are on the trusted dealer list? Appreciate you taking the time to help. Thanks.

Regards

Tony Brown

tonybrown
Welcome aboard mate.

Thanks for the welcome.

Regards

Tony Brown

pfcdre

Hi Tony good luck on your quest, check out the trusted dealers, do lots of research mate, and read the thread for newbies,its packed with useful info, if you want as close to gen as possible then be prepared to pay more. Do all this and you will not only save money and disapointment,but get exactly what you want.Cheers and Welcome. :lol:

Del

Hello and welcome :lol:

tonybrown
Hi Tony, welcome :lol:

Thanks for the welcome.

Regards

Tony Brown

tonybrown
Hi Tony good luck on your quest, check out the trusted dealers, do lots of research mate, and read the thread for newbies,its packed with useful info, if you want as close to gen as possible then be prepared to pay more. Do all this and you will not only save money and disapointment,but get exactly what you want.Cheers and Welcome. :lol:

Thanks for your welcome and advice. Appreciate your guidance.

Regards

Tony Brown

Hello and welcome ;)

Thanks for your welcome.

Regards

Tony Brown

dingle

welcome to the nuthouse :lol:

tonybrown
welcome to the nuthouse :rofl:

Thanks for your welcome!

David543

Hi Tony, welcome and we're looking forward to seeing the pictures when your watches arrive! :thumbsup:

tonybrown
Hi Tony, welcome and we're looking forward to seeing the pictures when your watches arrive! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the welcome. I have been contacted by Reg - trusted dealer, so I hope to order a rep soon. He has responded to my email by return, Pictures will follow.

Regards

Tony Brown

Fiddo

Hello! :)

Welcome!

tonybrown
Hello! :D

Welcome!

Thanks for the welcome!