Howitzer

Issue with getting a refund from eiei watch straps

Howitzer
38 minutes ago, deju said:

@Howitzer it seems to be an updated process by PayPal for refunds. But they need to make it clearer. 

Imho if it has to be to an address. Then PayPal are failing buyers by not having a specific returns address for business sellers that they must fill out that must match on everything. 

I mean a company is more likely to take returns to a different address . 

Massive failing by PayPal. 

It’s like they made the process for private eBay sellers and never thought about really companies. 

Agreed mate. Plus they make a big push for you to sort out the problem between you and the buyer/seller, and then when you do, they f**k you. Always read the small print I suppose.

deju

Text book exactly what happened to me. 

Atleast we won’t get done again! 

Howitzer
Just now, deju said:

Text book exactly what happened to me. 

Atleast we won’t get done again! 

Indeed mate, indeed. To err is human, to not learn from it is just plain daft. Or words to that effect.

I actually just managed to speak to this Chris Tarling bloke at the returns facility. He says all post goes in the mailbox for each company, so the fucker's definitely received it. 

Glaude

Have they told you how this need to be done ? They need to confirm with the seller that he has recieved the goods ? 

deju
3 minutes ago, Glaude said:

Have they told you how this need to be done ? They need to confirm with the seller that he has recieved the goods ? 

In the situation that the seller gives you a returns address that is not the address used to setup the PayPal account. 

Paypal do not care. They wash their hands and tell you to work directly with the seller. 

Horrible situation that is a loophole that’s is exploited by companies. 

Howitzer
1 minute ago, Glaude said:

The instructions to return the item that I have already returned are:

I need to provide proof that I have sent it a) to the address given (by PP, i.e. his registered address) and b) that it has been received at that address, i.e. signature on delivery. I'm guessing they will also need confirmation from the seller that he has received it. 

Sadly I only have part b) from the original return, and the seller has already stated he hasn't received it so either way I'm buggered. 

Glaude

I would have attempted a sneaky move, or a DHGate trick, sending a packet of a reasonable weight (pick things in your trash bin) and send it to the guy.

You'll have proof of delivery and sending for PayPal, and since they don't seem to care about what any party has to say... play their own game !

Mike R

Just read this entire post all along rooting for the consumer. @Howitzer

Sadly it did not work out.

I think you should name and shame with all information.

Maybe collectively we could figure some way to get the message out that he is a douche bag

Maybe feedback on his site, Maybe a bag of bullshit( ehhem, free fertilizer) to his home address ?

Anybody have any good ideas? 

GingerApple
1 minute ago, Glaude said:

I would have attempted a sneaky move, or a DHGate trick, sending a packet of a reasonable weight (pick things in your trash bin) and send it to the guy.

You'll have proof of delivery and sending for PayPal, and since they don't seem to care about what any party has to say... play their own game !

:rofl:

You're my favourite person ever.

Mike R

Keeping within the limits of the law of coarse !

Mike R
3 minutes ago, Glaude said:

Great minds think alike :rofl:

Howitzer

I did think about it actually! But, despite my penchant for replica goods, I don’t do deception very well and was also determined not to sink to his level. Always maintain the high ground, no matter what the cost!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glaude
29 minutes ago, Howitzer said:

I did think about it actually! But, despite my penchant for replica goods, I don’t do deception very well and was also determined not to sink to his level. Always maintain the high ground, no matter what the cost!

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "come to the dark side gif"

Howitzer
5 minutes ago, Glaude said:

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "come to the dark side gif"

VuITVr.gif

deju

I’ve spent the afternoon trying to turn him to the dark side @Glaude practically gave him the keys to the deathstar. 

Howitzer
6 minutes ago, deju said:

I’ve spent the afternoon trying to turn him to the dark side @Glaude practically gave him the keys to the deathstar. 

Your efforts in this regard are greatly appreciated and have at least worked to some extent @deju. I now understand the depths of depravity that a man can sink to in the name of revenge. 

Glaude
12 minutes ago, deju said:

nulFctq.gif

deju
40 minutes ago, Glaude said:

nulFctq.gif

giphy.gif

Howitzer

Well butter my parsnips...
9670dfcd601d768eac7be403b1349ff7.jpg

Glaude
1 hour ago, Howitzer said:

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "dark side bow gif"

GingerApple

Huzzah!

BenjaminButton

A happy(ish) ending.

Howitzer
6 hours ago, BenjaminButton said:

A happy(ish) ending. emoji106.png

Indeed. I'm obviously delighted to get the money back but it feels a bit like a default victory rather being there on merit, like winning Wimbledon when your opponent retires through injury.

All's well that ends well though, and most importantly I won't fall foul of this issue again. Thanks to all for your input and particularly @deju and @Glaude for their eye-opening lessons in deviousness.  

Glaude
37 minutes ago, Howitzer said:

Thanks to all for your input and particularly @deju and @Glaude for their eye-opening lessons in deviousness.  

:bow:

deju

Glad you got this sorted mate!!