Howitzer

Issue with getting a refund from eiei watch straps

Adit

Well done. So does this mean that the seller will have your £35 recovered from his PayPal account?

blueradish

Glad you got your cash, because of these questionable sellers and Paypal's policies, I've started using my credit card thru PP as opposed to paying with cash in my account.  That way if PP screws me I can put in a dispute with my CC.

Howitzer
10 hours ago, Adit said:

Well done. So does this mean that the seller will have your £35 recovered from his PayPal account?

I assume so. I once had a spurious claim made against me on an eBay sale and they deducted the amount (about £750) from my account as soon as the dispute was opened, even though I had no funds in there. I won the dispute but if I'd lost I'd have had to pay the deducted money back to PayPal before being able to use my account again. 

5 hours ago, blueradish said:

Glad you got your cash, because of these questionable sellers and Paypal's policies, I've started using my credit card thru PP as opposed to paying with cash in my account.  That way if PP screws me I can put in a dispute with my CC.

I'm considering doing the same as well, despite the outcome. But mainly just dealing with people and companies I know and trust wherever possible. Pretty ironic that a forum largely dedicated to furthering the proliferation of counterfeit goods should provide me with so many lessons on the value of establishing trust!