MD12112

Shipping to US from UK

MD12112

Hello everyone just some advice needed I've tried to look ran but I can't find information, I've got interest for the watches of put for sale but possible buyers are requesting shipping to the US. I have no idea how the whole custom situation works could someone shed some light on it sending from UK to us what are the best methods and what do you declare in the customs forms. 

Howitzer

I've had mixed success posting from the UK to the US to be honest, including one that got lost one somewhere in the US Postal Service (specifically in Fresno, CA).  I'd say I've got probably a 60-70% success rate, but I've probably just been unlucky. I've never had a problem with Customs per se, just the USPS, and it's always a bit of a lottery.

The advice I have seen seems to be to put a low value on the customs form, say $20, and "broken clock for repair" or similar in the description. I think it's just one of those where the buyer has to take the responsibility because it's entirely out of your hands. I've never tried DHL or FedEx etc though, only ever Royal Mail. 

BadApple

I've shipped 5-6 watches M2M to USA with no issues. I just declare watch case and strap £48 every time on customs decalration. 

mr.tourette

Ive always put some cheaper brand on the declaration such  as " used casio watch" and some low value generally around the 30-40 pounds mark.. no issues so far

MD12112

Thank you everyone for your reply. 

@BADAPPLE do you use courier or Post??

BadPickle

Like the others I used Royal Mail signed for, put "clock parts" in the declaration and £40 value. 

No worries at all.

BadApple
2 hours ago, MD12112 said:

Thank you everyone for your reply. 

@BADAPPLE do you use courier or Post??

Royal Mail Post....

narikaa

One little anomaly with Royal mail

Use International Tracked and signed BTW

& no matter what tissue of lies you put on the customs declaration, buy the enhanced insurance level so that you are completely covered for the sale value. If, as and when you are in a claim situation they will have no more idea than the man in the moon has as to what amount was on the CN22

GingerApple
24 minutes ago, narikaa said:

One little anomaly with Royal mail

Use International Tracked and signed BTW

& no matter what tissue of lies you put on the customs declaration, buy the enhanced insurance level so that you are completely covered for the sale value. If, as and when you are in a claim situation they will have no more idea than the man in the moon has as to what amount was on the CN22

Oooooh, great little tip there, good stuff :thumbsup2:

MD12112

Thankyou for your advise

laspomkj

It's easy to implement. At the moment, many companies can help you accomplish this. I sell shoes and I also was looking for a shipping agency to ship items to my customers. I tried out several shipping agencies and to be honest, most of them are bad. They rip you off and never deliver items on time. I lost a lot of customers because of that, but gladly I found a good place to ship. Once, I was browsing through the internet and I ran into this website https://sourcingbro.com/shipbob-review/ and I can tell that they are the best at what they do. Good prices and punctuality is their second name.

Edited by laspomkj

BadApple
9 minutes ago, felicityhu said:

Does anyone know how to track parcels ? I would really like to have such a function when I order something!

PUT TRACKING NUMBER INTO WEBSITE AND ET VOILA

GingerApple

You're possibly talking to a bot.

BadApple
2 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

You're possibly talking to a bot.

BOT CAPS ON.......

susan309

shipped the other way usa to uk and no problem. Declare about $100 USD and also declared bracelet rather than watch

Kay007

I don’t really know much about sending to US so can’t really help there, however I’m more interested in the watches your selling in the UK as I’m looking to buy a nice Rolex rep if you have one in the UK do let me know please? Thanks 

BadApple
2 minutes ago, Kay007 said:

I don’t really know much about sending to US so can’t really help there, however I’m more interested in the watches your selling in the UK as I’m looking to buy a nice Rolex rep if you have one in the UK do let me know please? Thanks 

Then why reply to this you dickhead ???

You wouldn't be postwhoring would you?

zkOSA4.md.jpg