gooner2826

Perfect Clones 2813 28,880 movement

gooner2826

Apologies if ive not looked hard enough but I've drawn blanks. I can find bits and bobs on the above movement but not exactly what I'm looking for. 

My watchbox is looking bare at the moment and saw that Josh over at PC has a few of the 2813 28,880 highbeat movements (not to be confused with a DG4813 from my understanding??). My question is, I'm looking to buy a few for daily beaters but always like the ability to swap out the movement if it conks out on me. I've looked everywhere and can't find/source the highbeat 2813 ,only the DG4813 which I believe not to be a direct swap? Does anybody know where I would be able to source these movements from without it being the DG4813? Secondly, is what I've read right in that that 4813 high beat isn't a direct swap for the 2813 28,880 that Josh sells?

Any help/knowledge would be appreciated as this could be make or break for what I take plunges on.

Cheers guys 

Rokerite

I am far from an expert, but seem to remember reading the high beat 2813 being referred to as the P.O.S. (piece of shit) so wouldn't be very good, am ready to be corrected of course by those with more knowledge than me :giggle:

gooner2826

Haha @Rokerite seen that pop up a few times when searching! Was hoping that they'd be easy to source for if (more like when) they go wrong, but seem to be elusive so far :ohwell:

NCRich

I don't believe there are any high beats left.  They did come in the vintage subs but no longer do as of 12 months ago.  There aren't any aftermarket that I am aware of.  The POS movements are different.  They are cheap clones of the 2824 movement so the hands and dial are ETA.

gooner2826

Seems to be the POS as you said rich. Quite interesting though, probably give it a shot for how little it costs and drop in a 2824 when it conks! Apparently the ones with a date cause the biggest issues, so gonna a go for an explorer I and we shall see :fuck: