morino

Considering a Navitimer from JF

morino

Hi everyone, 

I´m losing sleep over the Navitimer lately and after reading a lot on the forum I now know, that I´ll go for the JF version.  

This is the one I´m talking about:

https://kuvarsit03.com/breitling-navitimer-01-ss-le-black-a7750-autochrono-1-1-from-jf/

However, I have never before actually owned a mechanical chronograph watch. All my chronographs up until now have been equipped with Miyota Quartz mechanisms. 

At this point, I´d just like to ask if I made the right decision or should I worry, that the 7750 will let me down? And if I end up buying it and it fails, how much does it cost to get a new mechanism and have it replaced?

Thanks for all the information in advance :)

Marko

Howitzer

I don't know if you've had a look around but there are a few threads on the forum regarding movements. Here is one on the A7750 for your info:

As far as my own experience is concerned, whilst I have heard a few horror stories, I've not had any problems with the A7750. That said, I've had much more basic Asian movements that have been garbage so, as with all clone automatic movements, it can be a bit of a lottery.  

ffuhcu

I've got a couple and not hand any problems. The above guide is good regarding when to set date etc.

It's important imho to pick a 7750 rep where its either running in the default configuration for the movement (like the Navitimer 01 you are considering) or if there's a transfer of running seconds elsewhere, it's done well, like the recent "same thickness as gen" Porguguese 3714 reps from ZF/YLF.

I guess by now you know the main "tells" on the Navitimer 01 are subdial spacing and sunken date wheel, neither would bother me particularly, I think it's a great looking rep. 

Edited by ffuhcu

morino

Will definitely give it a good read, thank you! 

Just now, ffuhcu said:

I've got a couple and not hand any problems. The above guide is good regarding when to set date etc.

It's important imho to pick a 7750 rep where its either running in the default configuration for the movement (like the Navitimer 01 you are considering) or if there's a transfer of running seconds elsewhere, it's done well, like the recent "same thickness as gen" Porguguese 3714 reps from ZF/YLF.

What exactly do you mean by "default configuration", you mean like seconds @9 or something like that?

Glaude
2 hours ago, ffuhcu said:

I guess by now you know the main "tells" on the Navitimer 01 are subdial spacing and sunken date wheel, neither would bother me particularly, I think it's a great looking rep. 

Good advice !

2 hours ago, morino said:

What exactly do you mean by "default configuration", you mean like seconds @9 or something like that?

Yup, A7750 have the second running at 9 by default

alexpj

all Navitimer with subdials in 3,6,9 have faux (nonfunctional) subdials in 3, and (not quite shure...6)
the Navitimer world gmt with subdials in 12,9,6 is fully functional.

The JF world has the following flaws:
1. Wonky date font
2. Sunken date wheel
3. Misspelling MDSCDW - RIO DE JANEIR and NEW YDRK on the caseback 
4. Wrong lume colors

BP Factory version  fix that all but has a lighten yellow glass...

Edited by alexpj

morino
2 hours ago, alexpj said:

all Navitimer with subdials in 3,6,9 have faux (nonfunctional) subdials in 3, and (not quite shure...6)
the Navitimer world gmt with subdials in 12,9,6 is fully functional.

The JF world has the following flaws:
1. Wonky date font
2. Sunken date wheel
3. Misspelling MDSCDW - RIO DE JANEIR and NEW YDRK on the caseback 
4. Wrong lume colors

BP Factory version  fix that all but has a lighten yellow glass...

Thanks for all the help, I've done my reading and now know what I should look after, when making the purchase. So what do you guys think, should I stick to the JF or are you recommending something else? I don't mind the above listed flaws in JF version and I could definitely live with them, but I am willing to consider other makers and versions aswell.. 

morino

So I contacted Andrew from Trusty Time today regarding the watch and he says that JF is completely sold out.. I can now only hope to struck some luck in M2M section.