Wriggles

Bargain Amazon watch winder

black263

White gloves are tiny.  And the pads are small, so works fine with a strap as you can tighten it up but I needed lots of padding to hold a bracelet. It wound my Archimede fine but wouldnt wind my RWG watch. (Both put in having stopped.  Archimede started running after about 30 mins and after 3 hours was able to last the 9 hour rest period.  RWG after 3 hours still hadn't started)

But for £7.80 I can live with the limitations.

Rokerite

Mine just arrived, bin is now full of cardboard! As others have said, it works and for £7.80 is amazing value. Note is manufactured in Guangzhou like our reps. 

GingerApple
28 minutes ago, black263 said:

White gloves are tiny.  And the pads are small, so works fine with a strap as you can tighten it up but I needed lots of padding to hold a bracelet.

Fat buggers. I had to take the outer sleeve/padding OFF the pads because they were too big to close my bracelets on!

midasmook

Winder seems fine and I have two AP's on it just now.

The packaging is overkill from Amazon and I thought it was a wind up (ha ha) when I began to open box after box.

For 7.80 you can't go wrong.

timer-boxes.jpg

Wriggles

Thats hilarious, mine is due for delivery today. Hopefully as already said it's not a pile of shite that burns out after a couple of days, but for under ten quid well work the risk!

Atlanticblue

I got mine today, I can't believe it's only cost me £7.80! Thanks OP!

BadPickle

Hmmmmmm, watch winders eh? 

Now there’s a thing, I have it from a reliable source, they can damage a movement, especially the cheaper ones (winders not movements) 

buy hey, you go girls :cheerleader:

SteveA

How do you get it so cheap,it’s coming up as £26.99 with 10% discount 

black263
27 minutes ago, pickledbeetroot said:

....and a quick googling 

https://www.quora.com/Is-using-a-watch-winder-harmful-to-a-watch

£7.80 well spent then eh? 

This is a problem with over winding.  The cheapie here has a setting to wind for 3 hours then rest for 9.  So it only gives 6 hours a day of winding which is probably less than active wear.

BadPickle
18 minutes ago, black263 said:

This is a problem with over winding.  The cheapie here has a setting to wind for 3 hours then rest for 9.  So it only gives 6 hours a day of winding which is probably less than active wear.

Another concern is using watch winders which have poorly shielded motors. Keep in mind a motor uses a magnetic field to rotate. Rotating a watch in a magnetic field may cause issues especially to the sensitive hair spring in your balance...

GingerApple
10 hours ago, pickledbeetroot said:

Another concern is using watch winders which have poorly shielded motors. Keep in mind a motor uses a magnetic field to rotate. Rotating a watch in a magnetic field may cause issues especially to the sensitive hair spring in your balance...

Stop with the advanced science already! You're making my head hurt!!!!

Or perhaps it's the extra stong magnetic field from my winder that's giving me the headache....

narikaa

That, or the Extra Strong Mints

4156LryQFxL.jpg

GingerApple

Did you know 'Trebor' is 'Robert' backwards?

Of course your did.

BadPickle
23 minutes ago, Gingermiser said:

Did you know 'Trebor' is 'Robert' backwards?

Of course your did.

“Artxe” is “Extra” backwards... did you know that? 

Its a bit like the stuff on my sitting room ceiling, but not spelt the same

GingerApple
17 minutes ago, pickledbeetroot said:

“Artxe” is “Extra” backwards... did you know that? 

Its a bit like the stuff on my sitting room ceiling, but not spelt the same

:rofl:

Please tell me you have an Artex ceiling!!!! That will total reinforce all my Northern prejudices.

:ttiwwop:

Rokerite

VDaVPf.md.jpg

I managed to get this pic of Stu's house  while down for the Yorkshire gathering. "Copper Boiler House" is rather well appointed.

BadPickle
1 hour ago, Rokerite said:

VDaVPf.md.jpg

I managed to get this pic of Stu's house  while down for the Yorkshire gathering. "Copper Boiler House" is rather well appointed.

You’d need to stand further back to get all the house in shot :D 

GingerApple
Just now, pickledbeetroot said:

You’d need to stand further back to get all the house in shot :D 

Down by the tennis courts? Or do you have to go right down past the stables all the way to the cricket pitch?

Fecking plumbers and their ridiculous charges.......bloody artexing.....fucking northerners.....

BadPickle
Just now, Gingermiser said:

Down by the tennis courts? Or do you have to go right down past the stables all the way to the cricket pitch?

I’d say somewhere between Scunthorpe and Grimsby 

BenjaminButton

Watch winders - mines call a wrist. Less packaging and looks a lot nicer than that shiny black ladies tumble dryer. 

Sunny Scunny - spent many happy times up there - yes, of course, that's possible. I thought about selling my London flat and buying Scunthorpe in the 90's but the timing wasn't right and one would miss the ballet.